The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 5:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

are you, like, on anything that would cause you to post in a manic frenzy all day long?

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 5:53 am 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Nature.com had a story in 2017 about a maximum security facility in Wuhan in China that was studying the deadliest diseases and viruses. One of a network of new across China.
Not to go tin foil hat but this is bio warfare. They probably have a vaccine too.
Millions of Chinese leaving the country on holiday this week for Chinese New Year.

Ps I’m renaming this the Kung Flu

if it were engineered they did a piss-poor job of it since the mortality rate seems to be pretty low at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Nature.com had a story in 2017 about a maximum security facility in Wuhan in China that was studying the deadliest diseases and viruses. One of a network of new across China.
Not to go tin foil hat but this is bio warfare. They probably have a vaccine too.
Millions of Chinese leaving the country on holiday this week for Chinese New Year.

Ps I’m renaming this the Kung Flu

if it were engineered they did a piss-poor job of it since the mortality rate seems to be pretty low at the moment.

It's certainly a very big coincidence that this virus sprung up exactly where the Chinese have a facility for studying infectious diseases, but I would suspect negligence before anything malicious.

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 12:08 pm 
The Beef

Wife and I are going to Singapore and Vietnam in April, so hoping this is sorted in some way before then...

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 5:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ABNorman wrote:
Wife and I are going to Singapore and Vietnam in April, so hoping this is sorted in some way before then...

nothing bad gets in or out of singapore, its the cleanest place in the world..also try the chili crab, its fantastic

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
are you, like, on anything that would cause you to post in a manic frenzy all day long?

only the joy of interaction with current/former pearl jam fans

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doug rr wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

nothing bad gets in or out of singapore, its the cleanest place in the world..also try the chili crab, its fantastic

yes, and we will have moved on to a new virus by April

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

From WaPo:

Quote:
The national health commission said early Sunday that the number of confirmed infections had soared 50 percent over the prior 24 hours to 1,975 people across 30 provinces. Fifty-six deaths have been reported, including in major metropolitan areas such as Shanghai. Several doctors in Beijing, the capital, also reported being infected.

clearly the real number is well above 2,000

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 9:28 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

At what point does the Chinese government or WHO or UN ban all travel to and from China?

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 9:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Starting to get scary this. Sorry for those affected.

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 9:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Read an article that says average incubation period is 10 days - unlike SARS where you pretty much immediately knew you had it

that means there are tons of people walking around who have it and may be contagious but won’t know until 10 days from now that they have it

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 11:38 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 11:51 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I think my flight from Seattle to Atlanta tomorrow is using a plane that came in from Beijing today. They'll clean it thoroughly, right?

:lol:

I wish airplane manufacturers would come up with a way to disinfect cabins quickly but thoroughly instead of finding ways to cram more people into coach.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 1:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

potentially 30,000 to 200,000 infected

Quote:
About 100,000 people could be infected with the new coronavirus around the world, experts have warned, as the UK government faced calls to reassure people that the NHS is ready to deal with any British cases within days.

Prof Neil Ferguson, a public health expert at Imperial College, said his “best guess” was that there were 100,000 affected by the virus even though there are only 2,000 confirmed cases so far, mostly in the city of Wuhan in China where the virus first appeared.

Ferguson, whose team have been modelling the disease for the World Health Organization, said they estimated the virus had a reproductive rate of 2.5-3, meaning that each person infected would potentially transmit it to up to three others.

“My best guess now is perhaps 100,000 cases right now,” he said, although it could be between 30,000 and 200,000. “Almost certainly many tens of thousands of people are infected.”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-could-infect-100000-globally-experts-warn

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 1:31 am 
Production Police

wicked excited to live in a major tourist destination at the height of travel season. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 2:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
Fp edit: its come to my attention that Corona is an Anagram of Racoon....the truth is out there *xfiles theme intensifies*

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 5:27 am 

tragabigzanda wrote:
wicked excited to live in a major tourist destination at the height of travel season. :thumbsup:

I’m traveling to Cambodia in a few days.

It’ll be fine. All fine.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 5:29 am 
Production Police

Don’t go to Cambodia dime.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 5:45 am 

tragabigzanda wrote:
Don’t go to Cambodia dime.

And miss out on all the fun?

Seriously though, if this is passed person to person when are the Chinese closing their airports?

They already have 33 million people quarantined and locked down in their homes.

Close the airports you assholes

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2020 8:54 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate