The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2022 7:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue July 26, 2022 11:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Wed July 27, 2022 5:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Matters wrote:
Coach wrote:
I prefer a vax mandate vs. mask mandate.

If the shot was able to stop transmission of the virus, (the CDC has admitted since delta that it isn’t) and if a higher percentage of the population were actually at risk of serious illness or death from covid, I would agree w you. Since neither are true, fierce opposition against the people who inflict and support these mandates should be taken.

Oh yeah?

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 4:13 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

How many of the parents of those 2.8% are in a position to implement a vaccine mandate in schools?

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 5:03 am 
The Master

no dates on three of those headlines, framer.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 5:08 am 
The Master

the anti mask/vaxxers seem to only focus on the children, not the schools' and districts' ability to staff during covid. #whoosh

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 5:40 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
the anti mask/vaxxers seem to only focus on the children, not the schools' and districts' ability to staff during covid. #whoosh

The public school employees have guaranteed retirement at what age again? How many decades before significant risk of COVID?

55 year olds were not keeling over in significant numbers.

I appreciate your pugnaciousness, but if only you had any curiousity to the bullshit you're on about.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 6:11 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I think the labor force at my workplace trends older than nation-wide average. The worst disruption we had was a department head out for a few weeks or a repeat disruption of an entire department.

People that make physical things

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 6:20 am 
Poster of the Year

Do you ever get tired of being a piece of shit?

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 11:30 am 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:

The vaccine is no longer effective. Brix said this week she knew it was never effective at preventing infection. Forcing kids under 5 to get an ineffective vaccine is not a safety precaution, it's an exercise in authoritarianism. Once it's reformulated... if it's reformulated... then maybe go back consider it.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 11:40 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I don't know who Brix is, but the doctors and scientists on the advisory committee obviously disagreed. That being said, I don't know who is endorsing a vaccine requirement for kids. It's just good for parents and families that they have this vaccine.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 11:48 am 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
I don't know who Brix is, but the doctors and scientists on the advisory committee obviously disagreed. That being said, I don't know who is endorsing a vaccine requirement for kids. It's just good for parents and families that they have this vaccine.

*Birx. You know who I meant.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 1:48 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

*Birx. You know who I meant.

I'm not a library of all names associated with our COVID response. I needed a reminder, and Brix wasn't googleable.

No passive aggression there.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 2:50 pm 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
spike wrote:

The public school employees have guaranteed retirement at what age again? How many decades before significant risk of COVID?

55 year olds were not keeling over in significant numbers.

I appreciate your pugnaciousness, but if only you had any curiousity to the bullshit you're on about.

It was simply a matter of practicality. Whether you like it or not, the blanket policy was stay home and isolate, don’t come to work. So to minimize staff getting Covid, take mitigation steps to curb the spread. And yes, there’s plenty of evidence that vaccines do curb spread.

As an example, my sister is a third grade teacher who didn’t get her normally scheduled midday break for lunch and admin duties for months, because she - along with other staff - were constantly filling in for colleagues who were instructed to stay home. She had to teach gym class for a straight week.

Last edited by spike on Thu July 28, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 2:54 pm 
The Master

Norris wrote:
Do you ever get tired of being a piece of shit?

Give him a break, he’s been fighting tirelessly against this tyrannical regime we now live under. Thanks to patriots like him, we’ll get our lives back one day.

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 4:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

maybe i am wrong here but i never heard anyone say the vaccine would eliminate covid just that it would help slow down the spread and for those vaccinated if they did get infected the symptoms had a very good chance of not being severe as the unvaccinated (except for rare cases)

PostPosted: Thu July 28, 2022 4:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:
maybe i am wrong here but i never heard anyone say the vaccine would eliminate covid just that it would help slow down the spread and for those vaccinated if they did get infected the symptoms had a very good chance of not being severe as the unvaccinated (except for rare cases)

The President was close to saying this: https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... s-policies

... but I am not in anyway saying or implying he claimed it would 'eliminate' covid.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 11:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 7:01 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Seatbelt laws for some adults are unjust. There is often no victim to the “crime” of an adult not wearing a seatbelt. It’s mostly a way for cities to write more tickets and collect more fines. However, an argument could certainly be made that a parent must wear a seatbelt. Laws forcing adults to make sure their children are wearing seatbelts, or sitting in booster seats or car seats are necessary. A child who cannot yet protect themself should be protected by law.

It’s obvious however that seatbelts shouldn’t be compared to a new, forced INJECTION that has proven unnecessary for so many. The covid shots were at least somewhat experimental upon implementation. If you don’t agree, I encourage you to read about why Israel got their first round of shots from Pfizer, for free. And that Japan recalled over a million Moderna shots because they had metal in them. If you believe anyone should have been forced to take these shots, please remember that of the 3 COVID shots Americans were told to choose from in order to keep their jobs, ONE is no longer recommended because it made too many people’s hearts swell up. What do covid-shot-enthusiasts say to the people who chose J&J? You should have guessed better?

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 7:07 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Peeps wrote:

“You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.“

-President Biden during a nationally televised town hall meeting on 6/21/21.

(For those who didn’t click the above link)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate