The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 1:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Hardly ever hear about covid anymore.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 1:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:
so your son was denied health care from a dr who swore an oath but you dont trust doctors enough to get a vaccine so you dont trust doctors

which is it?

The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission, so who cares who gets it at this point? This just seems needlessly punitive.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 1:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

JuanHamm wrote:
Peeps wrote:
so your son was denied health care from a dr who swore an oath but you dont trust doctors enough to get a vaccine so you dont trust doctors

which is it?

The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission, so who cares who gets it at this point? This just seems needlessly punitive.

yea. i know that thanks dr phil

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 2:05 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

JuanHamm wrote:
The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission

Of course is does.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 2:14 pm 
The Master

B wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

Of course is does.

This disconnect people have is still maddening.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 2:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i could be wrong but doesnt the vaccine lesson any symptoms you have if you do get it? it wont stop it completely but it does help to alleviate it

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 2:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

Of course is does.

Has new information come to light?

I'll admit that I'm out of the loop on covid these days, but last I heard the vaccine would prevent you from getting seriously ill but was largely infective at reducing transmission.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 3:07 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
i could be wrong but doesnt the vaccine lesson any symptoms you have if you do get it? it wont stop it completely but it does help to alleviate it

The vaccine reduces chances of getting the disease, reduces the severity when you do get sick, and reduces that chances that you give it to someone else.

Because those aren't 100%, everyone knows a person who got sick after the vaccine and someone who got sick from a vaccinated person, so they assume the vaccine doesn't work and that our death rates dropped from thousands per day to near zero via magic.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 3:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Peeps wrote:

The vaccine reduces chances of getting the disease, reduces the severity when you do get sick, and reduces that chances that you give it to someone else.

Because those aren't 100%, everyone knows a person who got sick after the vaccine and someone who got sick from a vaccinated person, so they assume the vaccine doesn't work and that our death rates dropped from thousands per day to near zero via magic.

thank you for your knowledge B

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 4:33 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
B wrote:
Peeps wrote:

This has always been the case!

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 5:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
B wrote:
Peeps wrote:

This has always been the case!

i wasnt 100% sure about the help prevent but knew it helped to lessen the symptoms and make it easier to overcome

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 5:10 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Quit fucking around, Peeps.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 6:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:

i am 100% serious on all my posts in this thread. thank you for the knowledge and i didnt realize it also prevented you from getting it. i sincerely thought it was about making your symptoms as manageable as possible

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 7:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:
B wrote:

i am 100% serious on all my posts in this thread. thank you for the knowledge and i didnt realize it also prevented you from getting it. i sincerely thought it was about making your symptoms as manageable as possible

You were right, it's not a true prophylactic despite the naming. You will become infected either way, it's just how your immune system responds that is the difference with the idea being that with the vaccines our bodies can beat back the virus before it replicates enough for you to become symptomatic.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 7:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

We're going to need some studies in here, because everyone is saying completely different things.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 7:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

JuanHamm wrote:
We're going to need some studies in here, because everyone is saying completely different things.

Infection vs disease:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK209710/

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 7:49 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

B wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

Of course is does.

From the most recently updated FDA Q&A page for Comirnaty (Pfizer):

“Most vaccines that protect from viral illnesses also reduce transmission of the virus that causes the disease by those who are vaccinated. While it is hoped this will be the case, the scientific community does not yet know if Comirnaty will reduce such transmission.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biol ... ccine-mrna

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 8:03 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Alright, my friends, if you avoid the disease via vaccine, you can't give it to others. If it's not severe, your viral load is lower and your sick for less time. So you're not going to share it as much.

The FDA can't commit to print if they don't know how much it is reduced via controlled studies where they make sick, vaccinated people expose other uninfected people. That is unethical. But both they, and the CDC are very clear the the vector for spread was unvaccinated people.

Quote:
Early evidence suggests infections in fully vaccinated persons caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 may be transmissible to others; however, SARS-CoV-2 transmission between unvaccinated persons is the primary cause of continued spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... eople.html

So, Manners' kid is more likely to have COVID and spread it to vulnerable patients at the office. Generally, one would expect an office to offer masked counseling or virtual counseling. It would be odd if those were not options.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2023 10:14 pm 

B wrote:
Matters wrote:
B wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Matters wrote:
My son was recently denied health care because he hasn’t taken any covid shots.

He is 6 years old.

He is being denied care from doctors who swore an oath, simply because he hasn’t had shots that offer him no benefit. He’s already had covid. He experienced mild flu symptoms and got better within 2 days. As we all know by now the shots are unable to prevent transmission, so he put absolutely no one at risk by not being injected.

Please take a step back and ask yourselves if you are down with this.

100%

First, what "healthcare" was he denied?

Second, you totally made this up.

If you’re still interested, he was denied access to family therapy. We were told they won’t see patients who’s aren’t “vaccinated” from covid. I don’t care if you don’t believe me. In California it happened.

Did they offer a mask? Did they offer on-line therapy?

No and no. Even if they had, for therapy those would both be diminished forms of care for a 6 year old.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2023 10:15 pm 

JuanHamm wrote:
Matters wrote:
B wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Matters wrote:
My son was recently denied health care because he hasn’t taken any covid shots.

He is 6 years old.

He is being denied care from doctors who swore an oath, simply because he hasn’t had shots that offer him no benefit. He’s already had covid. He experienced mild flu symptoms and got better within 2 days. As we all know by now the shots are unable to prevent transmission, so he put absolutely no one at risk by not being injected.

Please take a step back and ask yourselves if you are down with this.

100%

First, what "healthcare" was he denied?

Second, you totally made this up.

If you’re still interested, he was denied access to family therapy. We were told they won’t see patients who’s aren’t “vaccinated” from covid. I don’t care if you don’t believe me. In California it happened.

Sorry, that's messed up.

Thanks, I appreciate you seeing I that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate