The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2022 6:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bammer wrote:
Conveniently the science changed regarding vaccination and entry to Canada just in time for the MLB playoffs. Full squad heading north. Go Mariners.

We had to. Jays' got a shot this year.

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 8:25 pm 
The Master

CDC officials describe intense pressure, job threats from Trump White House

Quote:
Trump appointees oversaw a concerted effort to restrict immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border during the pandemic, change scientific reports and muzzle top officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to emails, text messages and interviews gathered by a congressional panel probing the pandemic response.

Former CDC director Robert Redfield, former top deputy Anne Schuchat and others described how the Trump White House and its allies repeatedly “bullied” staff, tried to rewrite their publications and threatened their jobs in an attempt to align the CDC with the more optimistic view of the pandemic espoused by Donald Trump, the House select subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis concluded in a report released Monday.

Several public health officials detailed a months-long campaign against Schuchat sparked by Trump appointees’ belief that her grim assessments of the pandemic reflected poorly on the president, leading Schuchat, a 32-year CDC veteran, to openly wonder if she would be fired in the summer of 2020, her colleagues told the panel

PostPosted: Tue October 18, 2022 2:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

what a nightmare presidency, so glad it's over

gotta enjoy this break before we get thrust with round 2

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri October 21, 2022 2:51 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

If it comes out Daszak had a rejected DARPA grant for engineering a Coronavirus that targeted ACE2 receptors, that kinda seals the deal.

PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2022 1:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

If only SOMEONE would have mentioned this earlier! Who could have predicted this!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2022 3:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

"We can't just pretend... fifth graders who are now seventh graders... that that didn't happen"

Yet somehow that is exactly what you will do

PostPosted: Sun October 23, 2022 10:51 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Does anyone deny there is a learning gap due to COVID that hit everyone from 5-22 years of age? I'm not convinced that it wasn't necessary to stem the death rate due to COVID, but I don't think that anyone denies that it happened.

Is anyone suggesting a solution or are they just demanding that someone say we should have accepted a 300% increase in COVID deaths to avoid it?

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 1:40 am 
The Master

B wrote:
Does anyone deny there is a learning gap due to COVID that hit everyone from 5-22 years of age? I'm not convinced that it wasn't necessary to stem the death rate due to COVID, but I don't think that anyone denies that it happened.

Is anyone suggesting a solution or are they just demanding that someone say we should have accepted a 300% increase in COVID deaths to avoid it?

It’s also too soon to draw definitive conclusions on the after effects.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 11:38 am 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
B wrote:

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 11:42 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Also, in not-a-single-person-could-have-possibly-predicted-this news:

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 12:02 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

My kid's school never made one, single infrastructure improvement with their COVID money.

No, I take that back, they just finished the shelters that let kids eat outside last month, but kids have to eat in the cafeteria.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 2:49 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
spike wrote:
B wrote:

Cancel summer.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 3:29 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

How much are Texas and Florida outpacing the rest of us?

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 3:58 pm 
See you in another life, brother

B wrote:
How much are Texas and Florida outpacing the rest of us?

Well Florida's biggest school districts did the remote thing in spite of the state policy being to reopen, so that dampens Florida's results.

PostPosted: Mon October 24, 2022 9:25 pm 
The Master

The false equivalency remains strong. The alternative to remote learning was never going to be go back to normal and everything will work out.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 7:10 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 11:03 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:

That'll get overturned before it even gets out of New York.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 11:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

New York had to be an asshole and name one of it's lowest courts, "The Supreme Court", causing no end of confusion.

Have seen some idle speculation that they won't appeal, but have yet to see serious legal analysis. Surely a medical intervention has to be effective and achieve the desired outcome in order to be justified on public health grounds. Going to need to strip public health officials of all of their powers to compel if this is not the standard.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 11:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Sounds like a general vaccine mandate might pass muster, but conditioning city employment on it and having an arbitrary deadline did not.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 12:25 am 

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

New York had to be an asshole and name one of it's lowest courts, "The Supreme Court", causing no end of confusion.

Have seen some idle speculation that they won't appeal, but have yet to see serious legal analysis. Surely a medical intervention has to be effective and achieve the desired outcome in order to be justified on public health grounds. Going to need to strip public health officials of all of their powers to compel if this is not the standard.

Oh is their supreme court not supreme?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate