The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921, 922 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Mon September 26, 2022 11:36 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Mmm. .. I don't understand what you're asking.

If the CDC recommends something and a physician in California comes down on the other side of the risk/reward ledger, they can risk loosing their license. Even if a physician has good data to support their position (or the CDC has poor/ no data), it will be very risky to say anything that goes even mildly against what the authorities say.

Physicians that don't want to be investigated will default to CDC recommendations, even if they disagree.

I imagine many providers (Kaiser, etc) will also overly defer to CDC guidance in their standards of care, so it's not quite as simple as "discuss it with your doctor and make a decision". There's very much a thumb on the scale in the direction of take the jab, regardless of your personal situation.

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 1:02 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I don't disagree with what your saying.

But CDC has made a "permissive" recommendation before. The originally did it with HPV, and they currently do it with the meningococcal B vaccine. That is basically a recommendation to discuss it with your doctor and decide for yourself. In the case of MenB it is because the dollar value of lives it would save is smaller than the cost of vaccinating everyone.

I was just saying that the CDC probably should have made THAT kind of recommendation for the bivalent vaccine in healthy young people.

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 2:59 am 
mXn

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
The lack of human trials prior to licencing was a horrible president to set, but as is, it's hard to argue that the risks aren't low enough for, at least, a permissive recommendation. Like, if you want this vaccine, you and your doctor can decide.

California is working on passing a law so you can snitch on your doctor for providing 'disinformation' if you disagree with their assessment. Then they run the risk of their license getting pulled.

Of course there's no objective criteria for any of this, so the process is the punishment. What doctor would run the risk of not defaulting to vaccines for everyone?

How could the Medical Board take your license for recommending vaccines that they, themselves endorse?

Deciding between yourself and your doctor allows the possibility that they might recommend against it, correct?

Nice to see lawmakers improving quality of life for all their constituents

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 3:08 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
The lack of human trials prior to licencing was a horrible president to set, but as is, it's hard to argue that the risks aren't low enough for, at least, a permissive recommendation. Like, if you want this vaccine, you and your doctor can decide.

California is working on passing a law so you can snitch on your doctor for providing 'disinformation' if you disagree with their assessment. Then they run the risk of their license getting pulled.

Of course there's no objective criteria for any of this, so the process is the punishment. What doctor would run the risk of not defaulting to vaccines for everyone?

How could the Medical Board take your license for recommending vaccines that they, themselves endorse?

Deciding between yourself and your doctor allows the possibility that they might recommend against it, correct?

Nice to see lawmakers improving quality of life for all their constituents

Maybe they'll fix it after hounding good doctors over nonsense for a decade.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 2:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

"Hi Damon: My best friend is an antivaxxer (not only covid, all the vaccines). His wife is, too. They have a 9-month-old baby and they haven’t vaccinated him. I babysit for them every other weekend. Should I take the baby to get his shots without telling them?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/advice/2 ... ends-baby/

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 4:05 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
"Hi Damon: My best friend is an antivaxxer (not only covid, all the vaccines). His wife is, too. They have a 9-month-old baby and they haven’t vaccinated him. I babysit for them every other weekend. Should I take the baby to get his shots without telling them?"

Legally, no.

Morally ... yeah, probably still no.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 4:23 pm 
Future Drummer

Has anyone here received the bivalent booster?

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 4:24 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:

Heck no.

But then thinking about it, can a non-parent / non-guardian just go to a pediatrician and attempt to get the baby shots? Seems like there are barriers to stop this from happening

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 4:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

blueviper wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Heck no.

But then thinking about it, can a non-parent / non-guardian just go to a pediatrician and attempt to get the baby shots? Seems like there are barriers to stop this from happening

*Walmart

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:26 pm 
The Master

blueviper wrote:

:wave:

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

My buddy's mom baptized their kid without their permission when they went to Vegas for the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
blueviper wrote:

:wave:

Wife and I both got it last week after the ACOG recommendation came out. Basically zero side effects. The recent TDaP booster was worse.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 6:11 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

My buddy's mom baptized their kid without their permission when they went to Vegas for the weekend.

Oh shit, my wife and I are going out of town for our birthdays in a couple weeks, and leaving our kid with my sister, who’s an elder at her church.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 2:42 am 
Future Drummer

Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

Wow, that’s nuts. But I think religious rites are kinda goofy and would just not regard it. Have your buddy throw tap water on his kid and unbaptize him (or her)

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 2:43 am 
Future Drummer

spike wrote:
Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

Oh shit, my wife and I are going out of town for our birthdays in a couple weeks, and leaving our kid with my sister, who’s an elder at her church.

See my reply to Mickey. Splash ‘‘em with tap water if sister goes full Christ mode. Your unbaptizing is just as legit as their baptizing.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 2:56 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

blueviper wrote:
spike wrote:
Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

See my reply to Mickey. Splash ‘‘em with tap water if sister goes full Christ mode. Your unbaptizing is just as legit as their baptizing.

I don't think tapwater works, maybe 4Loko.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 3:07 am 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

Wow, that’s nuts. But I think religious rites are kinda goofy and would just not regard it. Have your buddy throw tap water on his kid and unbaptize him (or her)

I think they're more concerned about what happens at grandma's house once the kid is a little older.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 3:40 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

I think they're more concerned about what happens at grandma's house once the kid is a little older.

Are you on board the "religious people are inherently abusive" train or...?

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 9:46 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

My mom used to try and teach the kids when they took them on outings. It resulted in my oldest telling me that Jesus was a dude who lived in the woods at a Durham park who owned a helicopter.

PostPosted: Fri September 30, 2022 1:59 pm 
The Master

B wrote:
Mickey wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Legally, no.

My mom used to try and teach the kids when they took them on outings. It resulted in my oldest telling me that Jesus was a dude who lived in the woods at a Durham park who owned a helicopter.

He is everywhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921, 922 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate