The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 560, 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:22 pm 
Gone

Bi_3 wrote:
https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/the-interview-dr-sanjay-gupta-talks-vaccines-and-why-he-gives-weight-to-informed-theory-that-covid-leaked-from-wuhan-lab/

Quote:
Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medial correspondent, is my guest on this week’s episode of The Interview.

Gutpa has been a guide for many throughout the Covid-19 crisis. His regular appearances on CNN and his hit podcast — Coronavirus: Fact vs Fiction — have been invaluable sources of information, from the early throes of the pandemic, when we knew less than nothing about it, through to now, when after a year of tragedy, there is cause for optimism.

His latest investigation for CNN is a series of remarkable interviews with the top doctors who handled the U.S. response to the coronavirus under President Donald Trump — including Drs. Anthony Fauci, Deborah Birx and Robert Redfield — which Gupta told me was the product of 20 hours of interviews.

The most noteworthy revelation from those interviews, I thought, was former CDC Director Robert Redfield’s opinion that Covid-19 originated not from a wet market, but accidentally leaked from a lab in Wuhan. Redfield stressed that this was his opinion (but an informed one, given his expertise as a virologist). It nonetheless sparked controversy. China has vehemently denied that the virus could have leaked from a lab, and some in U.S. media have reflexively labeled the theory a conspiracy.

“He’s an experienced virologist. He was also head of the CDC at the time this was happening, which means that in addition to everything that we know, he had access to raw data and raw intelligence that was coming out of China,” Gupta told me. “My point is that it’s a much more informed sort of thing for him to be saying than for anybody who may have expertise in virology, because he has a lot more knowledge and information that he has that maybe he can’t share, but is informing his opinion.”

Gupta said he offered Redfield opportunities to hedge his opinion, but that the former CDC director “really was quite adamant that this was the origin of the virus.”

“There’s reason to suspect that this is the origin of the virus,” Gupta said, pointing out the flaws in the predominant theory that it came from a wet market.

“It’s a big virology lab right in Wuhan that happened to be studying bat coronaviruses. Just from an Occam’s razor standpoint, finding the simplest explanation, it would make sense,” he said, adding, “We still don’t know for certain what the origin is.”

We also spoke about vaccines, and whether the race between inoculation and a potential resurgence of the virus poses a serious threat to our ability to return to normalcy.

Gupta responded to conservative arguments that states like Texas and Florida are evidence against the effectiveness of lockdowns and other mandatory mitigation efforts, and weighed in on how to keep your brain healthy after a year of pandemic.

:|

Redfield also said cotton spit rags on your face are better than vaccines. I'm not saying it's not the China flu, but these people have ruined their credibility and simply cannot stay out of the media spotlight.

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:26 pm 
The Master

There is no ventilator in my dad's room now. 78 days!

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Nice

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:

:hooray:

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 8:57 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
spike wrote:
4/5 wrote:
spike wrote:
and it's always been known that covid-19 would never be considered completely eradicated.

So you admit you agree with verb!!

i don't agree that it should be used to argue that nothing can or should be done.

We can only prevent a few million deaths. Why even bother trying?

They should make a Marvel movie based on covid mitigations. Really dig into this thirst for heroism people seem to be obsessed with.

huh?

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 9:15 pm 
Gone

spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
spike wrote:
4/5 wrote:
spike wrote:
and it's always been known that covid-19 would never be considered completely eradicated.

So you admit you agree with verb!!

i don't agree that it should be used to argue that nothing can or should be done.

We can only prevent a few million deaths. Why even bother trying?

They should make a Marvel movie based on covid mitigations. Really dig into this thirst for heroism people seem to be obsessed with.

huh?

*Open scene*

Spike is hunched over a dimly lit desk thumbing through the latest scientific study on glory hole touch transmission

*Phone rings*

Spike: I've been waiting for the call, your holiness

*Spike dawns 7 masks and injects a covid booster*

Spike: Let's rock

*Dr Fauci pulls up in Volvo*

Fauci: Get in! The CNN interview with Chris Cuomo starts in 10 minutes!

*End Scene*

COMING JUNE 2022 (OR WHEN COVID CASES FALL TO 1/1000000000000)

DOOMER

RATED G

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 9:28 pm 
The Master

it's so weird how much vitriol you're able to summon simply because you find masks annoying

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 9:34 pm 
Gone

That's your reaction? Really?

PostPosted: Tue April 13, 2021 9:51 pm 
The Master

you're clearly upset. please breathe.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 12:44 am 
Future Drummer

I dunno spike, I’m usually on your side, but it was a funny scene.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 2:16 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 4:17 am 
Mind Your Tanners

B wrote:
I want to distance myself from Mickey's response, please.

:?

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 5:56 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:

I mean, good luck trying to massage public messaging when most people just hear "J&J is paused due to clotting concerns". We were rightly gloating when the EU made a similar fuckup. Possibly the only time the FDA seemed more reasonable than their European counterparts.

Relatedly, Ezra Klein shared similar concerns. Do you get your brain back when you leave Vox?

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 1:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Same theme:

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 1:27 pm 
The Master

15000 years ago verb was banished from the evening campfires for going on about dog domestication

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 1:32 pm 
Future Drummer

My brother keeps making these same arguments about all the other risks we take, and all I keep thinking is that throwing math at people isn't going to work. Driving, planes, dogs... those risks have been baked into the cake for a long time. The people hesitant about these vaccines don't care about those numbers. They see the headlines and become even more hesitant.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 1:46 pm 
The Master

can billie eilish get a j&j jab on live tv? it's the 20 something vaccine.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 1:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

If only the news had been “no halt to vaccinations after reports of blood clots.” Then the vaccine skeptics would have signed up, I just know it.

PostPosted: Wed April 14, 2021 2:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
can billie eilish get a j&j jab on live tv? it's the 20 something vaccine.

If we could go back to 2019, we should just stop the pandemic in the first place

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 560, 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate