The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 11:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Initial vaccine trials underway:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... -covid-19/

PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 11:31 pm 
Future Drummer

Mickey wrote:
Yeah I'm very glad not to have a child right now in a state that's reopening because I don't know what we'd do.

blueviper, my parents (65/63) are still going to Catholic mass and taking communion, no matter how many times we tell them not to. Insane.

That’s nuts. Have they adjusted how they hand out wafers/wine or is it business as usual?

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 12:25 am 
Gone

Birds in Hell wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
blueviper wrote:
I don't go to church anymore (or rarely) and my wife and daughter were the ones to go weekly on Saturday nights. When the church decided to open up a few weeks ago, my wife and daughter were like "nope" and have been watching the livestreams. No one wearing masks and they get up to do communion. We were saying that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Hopefully no one gets infected, but it just seemed to be a bad idea to open up and not require masks. We think with some of the comments from church goers and higher ups that the whole church supports Trump so that probably has something to do with their decisions on this matter.

Our church is exactly the same. No one wears masks and they all think Trump is the second coming. I doubt we’ll ever be back

I'm really confused with the whole church crowd having a raging hard-on for Trump. The guy embodies pretty much the exact opposite of how Christ told us to be, but they can't get enough of it

Being a Christian is about hate. It makes perfect sense they'd love Trump

But it's not though.....unless you guys do being tight with Christ different over there

Christians and Trump both seek to exclude and marginalize people that aren't like them. Birds of a feather.

All Christians seek to do that?

Basically

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 12:28 am 
Gone

blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Yeah I'm very glad not to have a child right now in a state that's reopening because I don't know what we'd do.

blueviper, my parents (65/63) are still going to Catholic mass and taking communion, no matter how many times we tell them not to. Insane.

That’s nuts. Have they adjusted how they hand out wafers/wine or is it business as usual?

Couldn't you just teach your own kids? Aren't you both academics who don't have to live outside your bubble? Upload your power points and then teach your kid. You can do both.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 12:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
blueviper wrote:
I don't go to church anymore (or rarely) and my wife and daughter were the ones to go weekly on Saturday nights. When the church decided to open up a few weeks ago, my wife and daughter were like "nope" and have been watching the livestreams. No one wearing masks and they get up to do communion. We were saying that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Hopefully no one gets infected, but it just seemed to be a bad idea to open up and not require masks. We think with some of the comments from church goers and higher ups that the whole church supports Trump so that probably has something to do with their decisions on this matter.

Our church is exactly the same. No one wears masks and they all think Trump is the second coming. I doubt we’ll ever be back

I'm really confused with the whole church crowd having a raging hard-on for Trump. The guy embodies pretty much the exact opposite of how Christ told us to be, but they can't get enough of it

But it's not though.....unless you guys do being tight with Christ different over there

Christians and Trump both seek to exclude and marginalize people that aren't like them. Birds of a feather.

Basically

I've been doing it wrong for so long.... But now I've seen the light

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 12:38 am 
The Master

Rangi Guy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
blueviper wrote:

Basically

I've been doing it wrong for so long.... But now I've seen the light

marginalizing verb is one of my great joys in life

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:35 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:

wow.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

reminds me of this story the other day....

https://ny.eater.com/2020/7/2/21310016/ ... ments-june

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:43 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

96583UP wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

wow.

Shut up ! :o

Her nails are drying . ---{rude}

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 2:36 am 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Couldn't you just teach your own kids? Aren't you both academics who don't have to live outside your bubble? Upload your power points and then teach your kid. You can do both.

I work IT for a municipality and police dept. there’s no bubble for me

My daughter’s school has been zoom but now it looks like they are opening in fall. She s worried and wants to do online high school to avoid the crowd. Schools keep saying they are going to open but as it gets closer I doubt it will happen.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 4:16 am 
Gone

blueviper wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I work IT for a municipality and police dept. there’s no bubble for me

My daughter’s school has been zoom but now it looks like they are opening in fall. She s worried and wants to do online high school to avoid the crowd. Schools keep saying they are going to open but as it gets closer I doubt it will happen.

Sorry for the awkward quote. I was definitely trolling Mickey

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 4:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
Mickey wrote:

They've nixed the wine but the wafers are business as usual.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
And this nation’s about to explode

Big time energy right now.

60,000 cases in a day...three times the new case average from just a month ago. The death toll is starting to climb, with every indication that still others in high impact places like Texas are dying at home. A third of Americans can’t pay their rent on time. A fifth of them believe some variation of “it’s a hoax.” The White House never resolved our medical supply chain issues, and we’re facing a shortage that will dwarf what came before. The president is making punitive threats against any locality that refuses to take steps that will make it worse for themselves. Fox News, the president’s personal advisory board, is spending every evening trying to turn it all into a culture war. And there’s no reason to think these aren’t the best days we’ll see for quite some time.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Sending thoughts and prayers from Down Under.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:18 am 
Gone

60k cases isn't even a real number. So we did some tests? Who cares? The real number is much higher and obviously we can't trace the cases we do know about because that fake number is too large and the confirmations dont come back for days and days.

The virus won

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:20 am 
Gone

What should we do about all this McDoom?

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:22 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
And this nation’s about to explode

Big time energy right now.

60,000 cases in a day...three times the new case average from just a month ago. The death toll is starting to climb, with every indication that still others in high impact places like Texas are dying at home. A third of Americans can’t pay their rent on time. A fifth of them believe some variation of “it’s a hoax.” The White House never resolved our medical supply chain issues, and we’re facing a shortage that will dwarf what came before. The president is making punitive threats against any locality that refuses to take steps that will make it worse for themselves. Fox News, the president’s personal advisory board, is spending every evening trying to turn it all into a culture war. And there’s no reason to think these aren’t the best days we’ll see for quite some time.

I am curious about the supply chain issues. What happened to that coverage?

Did the FDA/ NIOSH/ whatever alphabet bois relax anything significantly preventing new domestic supplies from coming online? Are they sending site auditors out with any sense of urgency for new manufacturing facilities?

Have we expanded domestic manufacturing of PPE by any significant degree, or did we just get the scraps that China could release after they succeeded in locking down Wuhan?

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:22 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Honestly, does making these posts make you feel better?

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:25 am 
Gone

None of you are any different than me. I haven't read anything constructive in this thread in quite a long time. It's just doom retweets and whining. I don't bring anything to the table but neither do any of you.

We're the same.

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 5:27 am 
Mind Your Tanners

All bad news is the same bad news!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate