The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Political Thoughts/Quotes/Etc Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:29 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Chud's been really testy lately.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

You're right, because of the possibility of one kind of corruption there should be absolutely no safeguards against a different kind of corruption.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:32 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Imagine thinking that if a prisoner received the majority of votes (in a total democracy) that he shouldn't be allowed to be president.

Wouldn't that situation kinda maybe signify something? you think? Like maybe suppression is happening? No! How that could never happen!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:33 am 
Poster of the Year

What strawman are you building now?

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:33 am 

Mickey wrote:
You're right, because of the possibility of one kind of corruption there should be absolutely no safeguards against a different kind of corruption.

There are plenty of punishments for corruption you could have without instituting a massive tool for suppressing political enemies, you absolute rigid thinker.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:36 am 

Gee if only there were some other ways to deal with criminals than installing an easily corruptible apparatus to deal with a scenario that has virtually no chance of being a problem in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:39 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Lucky for me I don't think you're ultimately going to vote in a better world so I don't really give a shit about any kind of double standard coming back to bite the left. But I also think certain political enemies should be suppressed, which is something theorists of democracy have considered since the *invention* of democracy, so I know this feels like a big gotcha moment for you that you read about on reddit or whatever other little marshy youtube bog you confuse for an intellectual space, but it's really not.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:41 am 

Mickey wrote:
Lucky for me I don't think you're ultimately going to vote in a better world so I don't really give a shit about any kind of double standard coming back to bite the left. But I also think certain political enemies should be suppressed, which is something theorists of democracy have considered since the *invention* of democracy, so I know this feels like a big gotcha moment for you that you read about on reddit or whatever other little marshy youtube bog you confuse for an intellectual space, but it's really not.

lol you are obsessed with me.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:42 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Sure thing Fredo

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:43 am 

What did your vaunted democratic theorists have to say on the matter of preventing people running for office? bonus points if they weren't aristocrats.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:46 am 

It is a double standard, and Chud's opinion on the matter would undoubtedly change the millisecond his favored candidate wasn't allowed to run for office, but pointing that out is just shooting fish in a barrel. I just want to know what people's excuses are.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

This just made me wonder:

Do all these insurrectionists lose their right to vote?

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:47 am 

"But Burt, you retarded MAGA worshipping idiot, what if we elected a criminal to government?"

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:49 am 
Poster of the Year

Man you really are a moron.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh no we certainly can't punish President Trump while also demanding the restoration of felon voting rights, lest we commit a logical fallacy

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:51 am 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:54 am 

Mickey wrote:
Oh no we certainly can't punish President Trump while also demanding the restoration of felon voting rights, lest we commit a logical fallacy

lol you are a terrible sophist. You're a regular Tucker Carlson. Utterly transparent.

"we can't prevent someone for running for president! So i gUeSs wE Can'T PunISh hIm aT aLl thEN!?"

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:56 am 

If somebody ever comes at you with some bullshit about "the sanctity of our democracy", look at Tweedledee and Tweedledum up there.

But it's different when...

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:58 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Watching the BurtReynolds account melt down about his beloved orange man in real time, you love to see it.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 12:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Question, Burt:

Spoiler: show
perhaps I need better search terms?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate