Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Serial Killers

Tue January 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Did Ted Bundy do it?

Re: Serial Killers

Tue January 29, 2019 5:16 pm

John List is my favorite killer. I feel bad for him.

Tue January 29, 2019 5:19 pm

how is this not a burt thread

Tue January 29, 2019 7:08 pm

Apparently, Ted had a tumor that blocked empathy/love and caused him to commit such heinous atrocities. So, if you were to remove the tumor, he'd never have been a murderer... then should he be forgiven?

Tue January 29, 2019 7:23 pm

There is a serial killer on General Hospital that had a brain tumor and they removed it and now he's a good guy. So based on that I say yes.

Tue January 29, 2019 7:24 pm

You mean to tell me in addition to all of those movies you’re also watching general hospital

Tue January 29, 2019 9:34 pm

I've never heard the brain tumor thing with Ted. Is that an urban legend like his grandfather knocking up his mom and actually being his dad?

Tue January 29, 2019 9:48 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I've never heard the brain tumor thing with Ted. Is that an urban legend like his grandfather knocking up his mom and actually being his dad?
It was in the Netflix documentary. Highly recommended. Also, did you know he escaped custody twice? Once by jumping out 2nd story courthouse window and again by climbing out of the roof of his jail cell into the guard's apartment above and out the front door.

Tue January 29, 2019 10:03 pm

I watched the doc I must have missed the part about the tumor though. Did they find that in an autopsy or something?

Tue January 29, 2019 11:48 pm

I think it was a psychiatrist who discovered he either has one or probably has one .. said his brain was wired differently than probably everyone ever

Wed January 30, 2019 1:11 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:You mean to tell me in addition to all of those movies you’re also watching general hospital

Every day for 30 something years. Gotta find out what happen next!

Wed January 30, 2019 1:26 am

tree_ wrote:Did Ted Bundy do it?
Hopefully the Theodore Bundy account will sufficiently answer your question.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:28 am

More seriously, how come we don't hear about serial killers these days? They were very prominent in the latter third of the 20th century. Did crime solving become better, or did the media just stop focusing on them more? Or both, or something else?

Wed January 30, 2019 1:28 am

Batman.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:33 am

Green Habit wrote:More seriously, how come we don't hear about serial killers these days? They were very prominent in the latter third of the 20th century. Did crime solving become better, or did the media just stop focusing on them more? Or both, or something else?

Who needs to serial kill anymore? Now we just walk into places and open fire. It’s the millennial way.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:37 am

Werd. That and technology. Bundy got away with it for so long cause of lack of technology.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:40 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:More seriously, how come we don't hear about serial killers these days? They were very prominent in the latter third of the 20th century. Did crime solving become better, or did the media just stop focusing on them more? Or both, or something else?
Who needs to serial kill anymore? Now we just walk into places and open fire. It’s the millennial way.
That's hardly anything new.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:41 am

tree_ wrote:Werd. That and technology. Bundy got away with it for so long cause of lack of technology.
I do think that technology is an underrated cause of the decline in crime in general, and doesn't get enough attention among the dozens of their reasons people argue.

Wed January 30, 2019 1:44 am

Green Habit wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

WOW THANKS IVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE ITS COMPLETELY NEW INFORMATION TO ME

Wed January 30, 2019 2:01 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

WOW THANKS IVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE ITS COMPLETELY NEW INFORMATION TO ME

don't be sarcastic to my fellow bronco brother..you're in colorado, show some respect
Post a reply