The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: On The Media: Where Do You Get Your News?
PostPosted: Sun March 14, 2021 4:20 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

It would be fair to cancel McNeil for engaging in a program that only exists to fill out an Ivy application, but instead he gets cancelled for mildly disagreeing with the scions of... whoever. I can only assume he disrespected Taylor Lorenz's work and had to be destroyed.

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 2:58 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I mentioned the 700 Club in the Biden thread but I’ve watched some of two newer conservative right wing media broadcasts over the past week. I think Newsmax is actually more wackadoo than OAN. Both are definitely red meat for their niche audience though.

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 3:39 am 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Part Four is exactly what you thought it would be, powerful children upset at being challenged:

https://donaldgmcneiljr1954.medium.com/nytimes-peru-n-word-part-four-what-happened-in-peru-2a641a9b5e83

Hate to say it, but it’s probably best to just stay the hell away from anyone high school aged rather than risk this happening to you

I mean, what this guy said is definitely just typical old white guy shit...which can be a problem when a lot of typical old white guy shit is kinda horrible. I don't think he should have been ousted, but some of these opinions are pretty terrible coming from anyone. The "Anericans aren't poor" line especially sticks in my craw since we as a society have basically traded cheap goods for the soul of our nation. Yeah, folks have TVs, woopteedoo.

But yes, I agree you should stay away from teenagers for the good of both parties.

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 11:29 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Orpheus wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Part Four is exactly what you thought it would be, powerful children upset at being challenged:

https://donaldgmcneiljr1954.medium.com/nytimes-peru-n-word-part-four-what-happened-in-peru-2a641a9b5e83

Hate to say it, but it’s probably best to just stay the hell away from anyone high school aged rather than risk this happening to you

I mean, what this guy said is definitely just typical old white guy shit...which can be a problem when a lot of typical old white guy shit is kinda horrible. I don't think he should have been ousted, but some of these opinions are pretty terrible coming from anyone. The "Anericans aren't poor" line especially sticks in my craw since we as a society have basically traded cheap goods for the soul of our nation. Yeah, folks have TVs, woopteedoo.

But yes, I agree you should stay away from teenagers for the good of both parties.

Don’t worry friend, you or someone you care about will be there soon enough. And I’m sure they be shown the same amount of grace and understanding that Mr McNeil was.

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 1:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:

Every time I hear these arguments, I can't help but notice that it's an example of adults being afraid of children. I know that's not entirely what's going on, but it always seems like high school/college KIDS have so much power in these narratives.

PostPosted: Tue March 23, 2021 8:19 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Quote:
Former President Trump's exit from the White House coincided with a slump in ratings for cable news channels and digital news sites, according to a Washington Post analysis.

Data from media tracking firm ComScore as well as the Nielsen company indicated drops in traffic across websites for the Post, which lost roughly one-fourth of its monthly web traffic, as well as The New York Times, which lost roughly 17 percent of its traffic over January and February.

In the cable news ratings wars, CNN lost nearly 50 percent of its prime-time audience over the first few months of 2020, according to the Post, while MSNBC lost more than a fourth and Fox News lost just 6 percent, causing CNN to lose its briefly-won ratings dominance for the month of January.

The ratings drop followed a prediction from CNN President Jeff Zucker, who in 2019 told Vanity Fair that "anytime you break away from the Trump story and cover other events in this era, the audience goes away."

"At the end of the day, all they want to do is talk about Trump," he added at the time.

The former president himself also predicted a slump for cable news upon his exit from the public scene back in 2017, when he told The New York Times: “Newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there, because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes.”

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 23, 2021 2:01 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 5:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

CNN calling the DC Uber Eats carjacking murder an accident is not going over well with right-wing twitter.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 6:14 pm 
Future Drummer

The headline says they’re charged with murder and it seems clear that “accident” is referring to a car accident that was the result of them tasing him

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 7:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bart wrote:
The headline says they’re charged with murder and it seems clear that “accident” is referring to a car accident that was the result of them tasing him

Apparently the video is pretty graphic (including one of the girls walking around his dying body complaining to the cops her phone is still in the wrecked car), so not something I am gonna be watching.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 7:36 pm 
Future Drummer

...ok?

PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 8:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Ugh, phone post. Lost 2/3 of what I wrote.

PostPosted: Sat April 03, 2021 5:59 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Putin has agents everywhere:

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 2:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

my county

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:21 am 

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:23 am 
The Master

Lol watch out, Taibbi has an opinion

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:24 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Is this out of the ordinary? I wouldn't think so.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:

I wouldn't call this an opinion. It's just him listing people.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:27 am 
The Master

elliseamos wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I wouldn't call this an opinion. It's just him listing people.

It’s almost hard-hitting journalism compared to use usual tripe

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:30 am 

elliseamos wrote:
Is this out of the ordinary? I wouldn't think so.

that's the problem/.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 71  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate