Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Healthcare Thread (really "Sickcare" in America)

Fri July 28, 2017 6:06 am

Fri July 28, 2017 6:15 am

haha

Fri July 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Fri July 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Maybe in death the real McCain is coming back out instead of the sycophant he'd become in recent years.

Fri July 28, 2017 12:49 pm

This is how long it took for the first "McConnell should step down" calls from the right.

Because it's not like they all punted on this thing, and Paul "healthcare hero" Ryan had reallllly set them up for a win, yeah?

Fri July 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Someday I wanna feel as good as Obama feels right now. His signature achievement was saved by the man he battled for the presidency.

Fri July 28, 2017 1:29 pm

McParadigm wrote:

I could watch this all day. All day.

Fri July 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I appreciate reading the banter about what's happening, but i don't usually have the presence of mind to read about the story itself beforehand. I haven't read the below article all the way through, and im sure there's better articles out there from better sites, but wanted to include the link anyway in case anyone else wanted to read about the event along with the posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirty ... ailed/amp/

Fri July 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

It's so good. But the tension in that shot lasted like an hour.

Fri July 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Here's Mike Huckabee arguing that the 17th amendment should be appealed due to last night's vote lolololol

Fri July 28, 2017 3:03 pm

This seems like it eventually falls apart, but it says a lot about the power shift that happened this week.

Fri July 28, 2017 3:06 pm

This is a full on Van Morrison day for ol' diggum, friends.

Fri July 28, 2017 3:11 pm

McParadigm wrote:This seems like it eventually falls apart, but it says a lot about the power shift that happened this week.

After McCain's speech and vote last night and now reading this, I'm really hoping that both parties realize that the end of the road has arrived for purely partisan solutions. Maybe, just maybe, a glimmer of hope.

Fri July 28, 2017 3:15 pm

meatwad wrote:
McParadigm wrote:This seems like it eventually falls apart, but it says a lot about the power shift that happened this week.

After McCain's speech and vote last night and now reading this, I'm really hoping that both parties realize that the end of the road has arrived for purely partisan solutions. Maybe, just maybe, a glimmer of hope.

I dunno. Most of the Republican Senate voted for that turd. And McConnell's still wearing his work attire...

Fri July 28, 2017 3:29 pm

:lol:

Fri July 28, 2017 6:51 pm

So, is McCain an asshole for 3 votes to repeal Obamacare, or a saint for 1 vote to keep it?

Fri July 28, 2017 8:17 pm

B wrote:So, is McCain an asshole for 3 votes to repeal Obamacare, or a saint for 1 vote to keep it?

Given that Obamacare is garbage and the Republican fixes were somehow worse, saint.

Fri July 28, 2017 8:31 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:So, is McCain an asshole for 3 votes to repeal Obamacare, or a saint for 1 vote to keep it?

Given that Obamacare is garbage and the Republican fixes were somehow worse, saint.

Get insurance, you goddamn bum.

Fri July 28, 2017 9:20 pm

I wish I could understand the Republican point of view on this. So, they point to people who can't get insurance under Obamacare as proof that it needs fixed. Then their fix is to take insurance away from 20 million more people. I just don't understand this mess.

Fri July 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Pretty fuckin great
Post a reply