The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 8:45 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24160
Location: the beach
and i bear a living child


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7976
Location: Washington State
So you've had a stillbirth?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Sat January 19, 2019 12:21 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24160
Location: the beach
4/5 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
civil war

:cop:

Gonna need a time and date on that, sir.


june 7 2019


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2012
So what do I win?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3633
bart wrote:
So what do I win?

A big beautiful wall. But you have to share it with the rest of us.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5820
4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
There will be a government shutdown of 14+ days at some point during the 2019-20 session of Congress.
Rank and file Dems are going to get irritated if there's a shutdown this long. Republicans generally don't care if government operations get jammed up, but Democrats do. I think Pelosi's going to have a difficult time getting her caucus to hold firm on that.

What do you think would trigger such a gov't shutdown?

Yeah, that's true. I immediately want to take it back. I had my impeachment prediction typed up, and thought "what else could happen in the House?" Didn't really give it the proper thought that this sacred exercise deserves.

New prediction: GH will be right about me being wrong about a government shutdown.
I was dead wrong on being skeptical of your prediction, which means you were also dead wrong on me being right about you being wrong. :haha:

I'm surprised and impressed that House Democrats held their own on that shutdown. It had to be uncomfortable to them to see what was happening when it was going on, but it looks like their supporters are willing to tolerate it more than I thought. The flight attendants' union coming up with an assist also helped.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3633
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
There will be a government shutdown of 14+ days at some point during the 2019-20 session of Congress.
Rank and file Dems are going to get irritated if there's a shutdown this long. Republicans generally don't care if government operations get jammed up, but Democrats do. I think Pelosi's going to have a difficult time getting her caucus to hold firm on that.

What do you think would trigger such a gov't shutdown?

Yeah, that's true. I immediately want to take it back. I had my impeachment prediction typed up, and thought "what else could happen in the House?" Didn't really give it the proper thought that this sacred exercise deserves.

New prediction: GH will be right about me being wrong about a government shutdown.
I was dead wrong on being skeptical of your prediction, which means you were also dead wrong on me being right about you being wrong. :haha:

I'm surprised and impressed that House Democrats held their own on that shutdown. It had to be uncomfortable to them to see what was happening when it was going on, but it looks like their supporters are willing to tolerate it more than I thought. The flight attendants' union coming up with an assist also helped.

Sure am glad I didn't abuse my power and delete that prediction after the fact. It probably helped Democrats that Trump was out there everyday basically begging to take all the blame for it.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3633
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
There will be a government shutdown of 14+ days at some point during the 2019-20 session of Congress.
Rank and file Dems are going to get irritated if there's a shutdown this long. Republicans generally don't care if government operations get jammed up, but Democrats do. I think Pelosi's going to have a difficult time getting her caucus to hold firm on that.

What do you think would trigger such a gov't shutdown?

Yeah, that's true. I immediately want to take it back. I had my impeachment prediction typed up, and thought "what else could happen in the House?" Didn't really give it the proper thought that this sacred exercise deserves.

New prediction: GH will be right about me being wrong about a government shutdown.
I was dead wrong on being skeptical of your prediction, which means you were also dead wrong on me being right about you being wrong. :haha:

I'm surprised and impressed that House Democrats held their own on that shutdown. It had to be uncomfortable to them to see what was happening when it was going on, but it looks like their supporters are willing to tolerate it more than I thought. The flight attendants' union coming up with an assist also helped.

Sure am glad I didn't abuse my power and delete that prediction after the fact. It probably helped Democrats that Trump was out there everyday basically begging to take all the blame for it.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3633
Alright guys, seems about the right time for some way too early Democratic primary predictions.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15052
Location: Cumberland, RI
I want to look at the order of the primaries again before I decide. Anyone who makes a prediction after the first debate is a buster; we should cap predictions for that at like May 1st.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3633
Simple Torture wrote:
I want to look at the order of the primaries again before I decide. Anyone who makes a prediction after the first debate is a buster; we should cap predictions for that at like May 1st.

Excellent literary reference.
Image

Image

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 729
It's definitely Bernie.

_________________
Quote:
Excuse you. This is the internet. There is every reason to shit on it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15052
Location: Cumberland, RI
4/5 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I want to look at the order of the primaries again before I decide. Anyone who makes a prediction after the first debate is a buster; we should cap predictions for that at like May 1st.

Excellent literary reference.
Image

Image


They say it in GTA San Andreas, too.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:57 am
Posts: 493
The child of Jon and Daenerys will sit on the Iron Throne.

_________________
I'll be the one in the lobby in the green fuck me shirt. The green one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53177
Location: Sector 7-G
Azor Ahai is gonna temper his sword in Nissa Nissa, if ya know what I mean.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15052
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Azor Ahai is gonna temper his sword in Nissa Nissa, if ya know what I mean.


We all watched last year's finale, chud.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 24524
Trump is gonna get caught cheating cheating with Melania’s stand in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53177
Location: Sector 7-G
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Azor Ahai is gonna temper his sword in Nissa Nissa, if ya know what I mean.


We all watched last year's finale, chud.

fan fiction isn't canon though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 2:08 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 5121
Though horribly argued, this point will eventually win out:

https://newrepublic.com/article/153302/animal-rights-next-frontier-left

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BurtReynolds, Rangi Guy and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 19, 2019 12:06 am