Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The APOCALYPSE

Sun September 13, 2020 10:45 pm

I hope they serve unlimited breadsticks in hell.

Sun September 13, 2020 11:25 pm

All they have is a salt lick, Burt. And you have to share it with the rest of the undead.

Mon September 14, 2020 12:37 am

Going to Fred Meyer to pick up some toilet paper and canned goods. Y'all want anything?

Mon September 14, 2020 4:10 am

Tue September 15, 2020 4:17 am

NPR was proclaiming that controlled burns would need to be more common. Who in State or Federal government would be dealing with the liability involved? Proper forestry management definitely requires this, but none of the incentives line up currently to allow it on scale.

Also, logging. Gotta harvest trees and cut logging roads (which double as fire breaks). The only way to reduce fuel is logging and clearing underbrush. Clearing underbrush is only economical when incidental to access logging.

Old growth groves tend to be heavily trafficked and in less need of these interventions than the places that don't attract tourists.

Mon December 28, 2020 3:12 am

One of my favorite scenarios.

This or the paperclip maximizer.

Mon December 28, 2020 3:24 am

I feel like we're pretty far off from both of those. If AI wipes out humanity it will be from some rogue creation that ends up taking over nukes or something like that

Mon December 28, 2020 3:29 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I feel like we're pretty far off from both of those. If AI wipes out humanity it will be from some rogue creation that ends up taking over nukes or something like that

i'm still welcome in your fallout bunker, no?

Mon December 28, 2020 3:31 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:i also have loud, explosive farts

Mon December 28, 2020 3:33 am

spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:i also have loud, explosive farts

i honestly don't think my farts are explosive enough to contribute to an apocalyptic event

Mon December 28, 2020 3:35 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:I feel like we're pretty far off from both of those. If AI wipes out humanity it will be from some rogue creation that ends up taking over nukes or something like that

no match for my cancerous nanobots.

Mon December 28, 2020 3:36 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

no match for my cancerous nanobots.

i just wanted to spend my last days with ruddo, you idiot

Tue December 29, 2020 9:37 pm

They're gonna do the running man on your bones.

Tue December 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Why do people seem so excited all the time about humans becoming obsolete? To take the sting away, I often like to picture a dystopian future where virgins walk up to a robot and start trying to engage with it on the latest cape shit movie and the robot promptly ripping their body apart.

Tue December 29, 2020 9:51 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Why do people seem so excited all the time about humans becoming obsolete? To take the sting away, I often like to picture a dystopian future where virgins walk up to a robot and start trying to engage with it on the latest cape shit movie and the robot promptly ripping their body apart.

Can you really blame the robot?

Tue December 29, 2020 10:00 pm

probably because sweatshops

Tue December 29, 2020 10:32 pm

I believe this goes here

Tue December 29, 2020 10:47 pm

big dance party in here

Tue December 29, 2020 11:25 pm