The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post subject: Re: What does America do right?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:08 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
whiskey

tell that to tree

ugh, link?

I love good whiskey, however, I can't often afford it. When I'm trying to avoid carbs, I buy cheap whiskey and either drink it with a few ice cubes or mix with diet Coke. Leave me alone, jerks.

oh this is fine, i thought you had said something ridiculous like "i don't differentiate between rye and vodka."

Sure, if it's the most viable solution, of course.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:09 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
whiskey

meh

you're kidding, right?

Ol Pulteny Scotch or get the fuck out.

Ah, you're a Scotch guy. My official stance on that is: You gotta pay to play for nice Scotch. There's some lovely stuff out there, but if I'm buying a bottle of something yummy and interesting, I'm way more inclined to go for a small domestic producer, or even a Woodford or Bulleit, and save $20.

Totally agree. I just wanted to think about Scotch for a second. The stuff that burns my brain and tastes like majestic potion.

I love whiskey too and generally go for a Bulleit. Though right now im drinking Eagle Rare.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:13 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
whiskey

meh

you're kidding, right?

Ah, you're a Scotch guy. My official stance on that is: You gotta pay to play for nice Scotch. There's some lovely stuff out there, but if I'm buying a bottle of something yummy and interesting, I'm way more inclined to go for a small domestic producer, or even a Woodford or Bulleit, and save $20.

Totally agree. I just wanted to think about Scotch for a second. The stuff that burns my brain and tastes like majestic potion.

I love whiskey too and generally go for a Bulleit. Though right now im drinking Eagle Rare.

I'll drink to that! Tree can join us but he has to drink vodka.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:15 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
whiskey

meh

you're kidding, right?

I'll drink to that! Tree can join us but he has to drink vodka.

Makers Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

oh my god i’ve fallen in with animals

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am 
Broken Tamborine

truth is the United States is the most free country on the planet.

armies, gov'ts, they don't give freedom.....but the truth is the US allows for the most freedom anywhere in the world.

Last edited by Noangel on Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:47 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:51 am 
Broken Tamborine

BurtReynolds wrote:
Though our healthcare is a clusterfuck, we account for the vast majority of medical innovations, and technological innovation in general. We are turbocharged for innovation, and arguably subsidize healthcare everywhere else. You're welcome, world.

I don't think that's true. Medical innovations?

The idea that US pays more than the rest of the world for things like stitches and chemo and on....but that the quality of care is higher...i've yet to see anybody prove that point.

Preventive care is cheaper, and more effective anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 am 
Broken Tamborine

BurtReynolds wrote:
Literally none of that gibberish has anything to do with what I said, you absolute waste of air.

pretty much everything from global R and D spending to nobel prizes shows it.

nobel prizes?

when the US president gets a Nobel prize for peace, the nobel prize for peace is no longer about peace. The US has started and fought in more wars since WWII than the rest of the world combined.

Last edited by Noangel on Thu May 24, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am 
Broken Tamborine

Innovation...I suppose the US is leading in some areas.

Like combat medics. Navy doctors are training in Chicago emergency rooms because its so close to a warzone environment. Yes, Navy doctors training in Chicago hospitals.

3rd world inner cities, in the richest country in the world.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 am 
Broken Tamborine

yeah, America does do well at laughing off very real threats to survival. Nuclear war, global warming...ehl oh ehl.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:38 am 

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 pm 
Production Police

whiskey

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate