Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Jordan Peterson

Sat May 26, 2018 7:12 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:And I'll take mid-century ideals over early twentieth century ones any day.

I believe this immediately

Sat May 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Sat May 26, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm sorry, Lord Peterson, I should have remained calm when dealing with children like Mickey. I will do better next time.

Sat May 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Nice. I genuinely love the Burt Reynolds account more every day.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Charisma on Command is a pretty good tuber.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:43 pm

I can sum up Peterson's entire philosophy in two words:

Spoiler: show
no u

Sat May 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Stupid

Sat May 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes, that's another good one.

Sat May 26, 2018 11:03 pm

tree_ wrote:Stupid

"No u" - JP
Last edited by Bi_3 on Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm

I can't stand his most inane critics either, but Peterson seems like such a self-important braggart on Twitter (and whenever else I see him) that I can't warm to him. I've never watched one of his videos or read any of his books, but I'm not terribly interested in doing so despite probably being on the same general wavelength on many issues.

That said, I'm glad he's connecting with people and providing an alternative to boilerplate liberalism, so in that respect I'm glad he's around (and I could say the same for a bunch of other YouTube/Twitter bozos I don't understand the appeal of).

Sat May 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I can't stand his most inane critics either, but Peterson seems like such a self-important braggart on Twitter (and whenever else I see him) that I can't warm to him. I've never watched one of his videos or read any of his books, but I'm not terribly interested in doing so despite probably being on the same general wavelength on many issues.

That said, I'm glad he's connecting with people and providing an alternative to boilerplate liberalism, so in that respect I'm glad he's around (and I could say the same for a bunch of other YouTube/Twitter bozos I don't understand the appeal of).

Watch a god damn video

Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 am

Sun May 27, 2018 5:52 am

run2death wrote:I think burt is talking about a Canadian law (Bill C-16), that somehow REALLY affects and offends him.

yeah, law actually needs to be carefully thought out or it can be exploited(which is the point). this is the first time in Canada's history that there is such a thing as compelled speech. it's a big deal.

Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 am

there are no voices on the left half as captivating as Jordan Peterson. he get's the press because his words are so impactful. if he was really such an inane pundit, the blue-pills wouldn't be so threatened by him. he has actually ideas backed by facts. blue pills have theory.

Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 am

I have trans friends and I am against bill C-16.

Sun May 27, 2018 1:56 pm

One thing I've noticed about this guy is that he's constantly complaining about the "extreme language" of the left and being called a fascist while at the same time consistently referring to the left as "Maoists" and "Communistic."

Sun May 27, 2018 2:57 pm

run2death wrote:One thing I've noticed about this guy is that he's constantly complaining about the "extreme language" of the left and being called a fascist while at the same time consistently referring to the left as "Maoists" and "Communistic."

He's referring to the extreme left, not all left. He's actually more left than right.

Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 pm

I don't see or acknowledge "left" and "right."

I only see each individual's specific GPS coordinates.

Sun May 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Well, freedom of speech is a big one, and it's a left thing.

Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 pm

tree_ wrote:
run2death wrote:One thing I've noticed about this guy is that he's constantly complaining about the "extreme language" of the left and being called a fascist while at the same time consistently referring to the left as "Maoists" and "Communistic."

He's referring to the extreme left, not all left. He's actually more left than right.

OK. But... don't bitch about group identity politics while dabbling in it yourself. To call trans activities "Maoists" (which he has done several times) is about as ridiculous as calling him Hitler.
Post a reply