The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9164
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Cool, cause the person is a sanctimonious prick. I do however agree with a few of his thoughts

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33708
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Bi_3 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
So do we like or dislike Jordan Peterson - I've skimmed through all the posts and I'm not sure....


The person: no
A subset of his ideas: split along the usual lines

What's wrong with the person? He seems like a good guy.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33708
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Jordan Peterson was right yet again


_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Sat June 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21249
I think Jordo is the opposite of sanctimonious.

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Mon June 25, 2018 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21249
this guy is such a legend. my fav living philosopher used to be zizek but peterson puts him to shame.

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Sat June 30, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33708
Location: Donkeys live a long time.


If you're rejected by all the women, it's not the women! You just suck.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Mon July 02, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4405
BurtReynolds wrote:


If you're rejected by all the women, it's not the women! You just suck.


He's just not looking at it through the proper lens.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6937
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
1:25:25

Getting into how and why he's so misrepresented.


_________________
They laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6937
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
At 2:27:27 he begins complimenting Joe quite a bit, which, strangely, made me feel like he was complimenting me and I was like whaaaaaat.. whyy am I feeling this...????

_________________
They laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15057
That’s pretty weird

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6937
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I side with Matt here. When it comes to pretty much everything God/religion, I disagree with JP. Jordan actually comes off as pretty idiotic on a number of subjects here.


_________________
They laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6937
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry

_________________
They laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Mon August 13, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9651
Location: Space City
BurtReynolds wrote:
Really cant have this thread without this interview. Its required viewing


This is like getting into the Marvel Universe in the middle of the saga and trying to retrace steps and piece it all together. I listened to the Rogan conversation regarding this video (IDW Civil War issue #272) and had to go back to that Newman interview (IDW Civil War issue #269) to really understand it. But to understand the Newman conversation, I had to go back to the Jordan Peterson solo run where he confronts gender pronouns (Adventures of JP, issue #34.) Hard to keep it all straight.

Anyway, now I think I understand 95% of the world's memes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Sat September 01, 2018 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 469
Image

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... se/567613/

:haha: :haha: :haha:

_________________
Quote:
Excuse you. This is the internet. There is every reason to shit on it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Sun September 02, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9651
Location: Space City
That reminds me of the time I accidentally red-pilled myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2927
bumped for jonathan haidt



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri September 21, 2018 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:57 am
Posts: 473
--- wrote:
bumped for jonathan haidt


Have you read Haidt's new book?

_________________
I'll be the one in the lobby in the green fuck me shirt. The green one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Fri September 21, 2018 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2048
Man, Haidt seems very interesting from a quick look at his work.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri September 21, 2018 8:16 am