Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Jordan Peterson

Fri June 01, 2018 7:05 pm

pnjguy wrote:
tree_ wrote:That's the thing, nothing he says is controversial in of itself, it's the ridiculous reaction to basic truths that's insane.

It has to do with the current political environment, people not actually listening to what he's saying or doing actual research on what he's saying, and group think. Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.

He is not doing himself any favors in this area, but I agree that people are being too quick to dismiss the totality of his work in light of his ego-driven public missteps.

Fri June 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
tree_ wrote:That's the thing, nothing he says is controversial in of itself, it's the ridiculous reaction to basic truths that's insane.

It has to do with the current political environment, people not actually listening to what he's saying or doing actual research on what he's saying, and group think. Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.

He is not doing himself any favors in this area, but I agree that people are being too quick to dismiss the totality of his work in light of his ego-driven public missteps.

What are his missteps and what's ego-driven about them?

Fri June 01, 2018 7:08 pm

All this controversy is good because it shines a light on how ridiculous the extreme left has become

Sun June 03, 2018 2:35 am

:lol:

Sun June 03, 2018 10:03 pm

All of you are living in bananaland

Mon June 04, 2018 12:14 am

Mickey wrote:All of you are living in bananaland
You are

Mon June 04, 2018 12:24 am

tree_ wrote:
Mickey wrote:All of you are living in bananaland
You are

Off He Goes

Sun June 10, 2018 8:38 am

Sun June 10, 2018 2:10 pm

LOL "Dose of Truth"

Sun June 10, 2018 4:00 pm

yesterday i listened to a conversation about addiction and recovery between Peterson and Russell Brand... it was surprisingly civil and they agreed on quite a lot.

Sun June 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Peterson is always civil and professional, as far as I've seen.

Sun June 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Bi_3 wrote:yesterday i listened to a conversation about addiction and recovery between Peterson and Russell Brand... it was surprisingly civil and they agreed on quite a lot.

Yeah that was interesting. I was ready to hate on Brand, but he seems to have reigned himself in a bit since the last time I heard him. I think they disagree with each other on a lot of things, but seem to respect each other.

Wed June 13, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm more on Susan's side... though, she doesn't make many strong, coherent arguments. I'd much rather see Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins or, best yet, Christopher Hitchens debating JP here.

"God is what you use to make sense of your life, by definition", Jordan says. Why does he have to conflate all that is good and all that makes sense and benefits humans with God? They can be separated.

Wed June 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Jordan Peterson is pop psychology bullshit masquerading as fact. The guy fucking sucks.

Wed June 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:Jordan Peterson is pop psychology bullshit masquerading as fact. The guy fucking sucks.

I like him now

Wed June 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:Jordan Peterson is pop psychology bullshit masquerading as fact. The guy fucking sucks.

Is it not the very nature of psychological processes that their validity is proportional to their effectiveness? If he has helped (allegedly) thousands of people get their shit together without making demands on others, it can’t be that bad.

Thu June 21, 2018 5:02 am

So Jordo took it to the next level today.

Not sure that I agree with this.

Thu June 21, 2018 9:34 am

Dev wrote:So Jordo took it to the next level today.

Go on...

Thu June 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
Dev wrote:So Jordo took it to the next level today.

Go on...
Yeah, Dev. WTF?

Thu June 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Post a reply