Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Jordan Peterson

Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 pm

When I heard him on the Sam Harris podcast the first time I thought he was ridiculous with that whole 'truth' thing

Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Love to be a sober, thoughtful guy having an extremely normal one online by getting worked up and going on a nine hour rant about Frozen, a movie for eight year olds.

Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Mickey wrote: Frozen, a movie for eight year olds.

See this whole time I thought you were being serious, but you were just fucking with us. Not bad sir, not bad at all.

Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 pm

I wonder what he thinks of Zootopia. That movie was fucked up.

Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote: Frozen, a movie for eight year olds.

See this whole time I thought you were being serious, but you were just fucking with us. Not bad sir, not bad at all.

Oh yeah my bad, Frozen is absolutely a cultural Rosetta Stone that should be analyzed at length.

Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Mickey wrote:Love to be a sober, thoughtful guy having an extremely normal one online by getting worked up and going on a nine hour rant about Frozen, a movie for eight year olds.

A movie for eight year olds, made by adults.

Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 pm

pnjguy wrote:
Mickey wrote:Love to be a sober, thoughtful guy having an extremely normal one online by getting worked up and going on a nine hour rant about Frozen, a movie for eight year olds.

Hell yeah man, good point, I completely forgot that adults control multibillion dollar film studios.

Thu May 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Mickey wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Hell yeah man, good point, I completely forgot that adults control multibillion dollar film studios.

No, you didn't forget. Your point was just not a good one.

Thu May 31, 2018 7:45 pm

Jordan Peterson is simply advocating for free speech by not adhering to compelled speech law. This should be something the left supports, when in fact the left are the ones who have 'bullied' him, attempting to shut him down by use of force, as they are the ones in power at universities, and not the other way around, as they claim. There are no accounts of Peterson mistreating a trans person. As the idiot Cathy Newman asked, "Why should your right to free speech trump a trans person's right to not be offended?", to which Peterson replied, "because in order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive."

Thu May 31, 2018 7:49 pm

What are his thoughts on Boss Baby

Thu May 31, 2018 7:53 pm

they are the ones in power at universities, and not the other way around, as they claim.

Having worked at three different universities (in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Washington) I can only say “I wish.”

The liberal conspiracy was overwhelmingly clear when my state school undergraduate Evolution professor spent the entire semester trying to convince his students that evolution was 100% false because the bible, tho.

Thu May 31, 2018 8:04 pm

McParadigm wrote:What are his thoughts on Boss Baby

:lol:

Thu May 31, 2018 8:07 pm

And to be clear, I agree with any claim that higher education leans predominantly liberal. Higher levels of education consistently correlate with an increasing likelihood to lean liberal (hmmm)....people with doctorates are twice as likely to be consistently liberal as conservative. And conservative media has basically been discouraging its listeners from pursuing higher degrees for decades.

But to describe our national university collective as “controlled” by an ideology is fantastical, hilarious, and contrary to my every experience working within these institutions. If any one vision is dominating American higher education these days, distorting intentions and narrowing vision, it’s that most beloved of liberal hippyfests....Six Sigma.

Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Either way, if their goal is to protect the oppressed and give a voice to the minority, attempting to shut anyone down is ironic.

Thu May 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Instead of focusing on the speaker, it might be cool to bring up some of his less triggering ideas.

Thu May 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Instead of focusing on the speaker, it might be cool to bring up some of his less triggering ideas.

Accept responsibility for your life... Oh, wait...

Thu May 31, 2018 11:39 pm

That's the thing, nothing he says is controversial in of itself, it's the ridiculous reaction to basic truths that's insane.

Fri June 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Fri June 01, 2018 4:05 pm

This one is hilarious

Fri June 01, 2018 4:39 pm

tree_ wrote:That's the thing, nothing he says is controversial in of itself, it's the ridiculous reaction to basic truths that's insane.

It has to do with the current political environment, people not actually listening to what he's saying or doing actual research on what he's saying, and group think. Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.
Post a reply