The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:00 am 
Future Drummer

This is on his wiki page, and I listened to his podcasts on the subject and it’s hard to miss. I mean, it’s also hard to reconcile, but he clearly wants to be.
Quote:
In a 2017 interview, Peterson was asked if he was a Christian; he responded, "I suppose the most straight-forward answer to that is yes."[138] When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is No, but I'm afraid He might exist."[23]

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rob wrote:
This is on his wiki page, and I listened to his podcasts on the subject and it’s hard to miss. I mean, it’s also hard to reconcile, but he clearly wants to be.
Quote:
In a 2017 interview, Peterson was asked if he was a Christian; he responded, "I suppose the most straight-forward answer to that is yes."[138] When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is No, but I'm afraid He might exist."[23]

Yeah, he's always been weird about it.

I don't know if I should rag on the Gnostics or the Unitarians or who. Whoever identifies in this manner, pick up ya boy.

Edit: for those unawares, the Divinity of Christ and the essence of the Trinity were determined back in the day. Denial of God's existence prohibits one from considering themselves Christian.

PostPosted: Fri June 04, 2021 3:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate