The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Peterson
PostPosted: Sat September 21, 2019 8:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Has he tried cleaning his room?

PostPosted: Sat September 21, 2019 9:13 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Mickey wrote:

Has he tried cleaning his room?

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 4:30 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Whatever happened to JP?

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 5:22 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

washing machine wrote:
Whatever happened to JP?

He attempted medically assisted detox in Russia and had some pretty serious adverse reactions (seisures or strokes and the like). I don't think he's done any public events in some time.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 5:49 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

simple schoolboy wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Whatever happened to JP?

He attempted medically assisted detox in Russia and had some pretty serious adverse reactions (seisures or strokes and the like). I don't think he's done any public events in some time.

Last I heard he got the 'rona in eastern Europe. And his wife had cancer.

Most of his adverse reactions started in Canada.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 6:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Whatever happened to JP?

Last I heard he got the 'rona in eastern Europe. And his wife had cancer.

Most of his adverse reactions started in Canada.

That too. Wasn't sure how up to date washing machine was. JBP disappeared with a quickness, and all of the updates have been through his less than reliable daughter.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 9:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Too bad. His first podcast with Rogan was the stuff of internet legend.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 9:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Here is the last update on his channel where he talks about it:

I suspect a bit of manic-ness, too. Nobody works that much for so long without experiencing a massive crash.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 20, 2020 11:20 pm 

He's back, whatever that means.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 7:37 am 
Broken Tamborine

benzodiazapenes are the future.

adderol is a PED.....

PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 6:20 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Noangel wrote:
benzodiazapenes are the future.

adderol is a PED.....

Benzos are the future in what way? Are you on Benzos?

PostPosted: Wed November 25, 2020 11:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

There's been a bit of a kerfuffle over at Penguin Random House Canada about publishing Peterson's new book.

PostPosted: Mon December 21, 2020 4:43 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

God, he really looks like shit lately.

PostPosted: Mon December 21, 2020 4:54 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

tree_ wrote:
God, he really looks like shit lately.

The lizard-people overlords are really stressing him out

PostPosted: Mon December 21, 2020 5:13 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
The lizard-people overlords are really stressing him out
I love me some good JP bashing but this really doesn't fit.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 4:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Benzos are not the right drug for getting a room in order. Be should've dabbled in Meth instead. That shit would be spotless.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 5:59 am 
Future Drummer

simple schoolboy wrote:
Benzos are not the right drug for getting a room in order. Be should've dabbled in Meth instead. That shit would be spotless.

This guy did not need any kind of stimulants. And he predicted his own demise when he first got famous. He said over and over he’d say the wrong thing, go too far... and c’mon he was kind of crazy. Made some good points, but his contempt for/fear of the left corrupted him in ways that he himself taught his audience to see. And then he broke down and needed help. No shame in that, but that should be the end of him writing those kind of self-help books.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 6:29 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rob wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

This guy did not need any kind of stimulants. And he predicted his own demise when he first got famous. He said over and over he’d say the wrong thing, go too far... and c’mon he was kind of crazy. Made some good points, but his contempt for/fear of the left corrupted him in ways that he himself taught his audience to see. And then he broke down and needed help. No shame in that, but that should be the end of him writing those kind of self-help books.

Pretty sure he fell into a deep deppression over the state of his room. The benzos might have reduced some of those feelings, but were counterproductive for getting his room in order.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 6:47 am 
Future Drummer

simple schoolboy wrote:
Rob wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Pretty sure he fell into a deep deppression over the state of his room. The benzos might have reduced some of those feelings, but were counterproductive for getting his room in order.

I guess it’s wrong of me to say to anyone that they shouldn’t write a book about whatever they want, but I would hope he’s been humbled. The guy became a crusader in his own mind, fighting some righteous battle against those evil, savvy neo-marxists.

But his rise to fame got me to check out his earlier stuff, like when he explains that he’s a Christian but then does a good job of explaining the Bible and all its characters in very secular, historical ways. I didn’t like his politics, and I’m not religious, but I found this part of his work really interesting.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 6:55 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rob wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Rob wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

I guess it’s wrong of me to say to anyone that they shouldn’t write a book about whatever they want, but I would hope he’s been humbled. The guy became a crusader in his own mind, fighting some righteous battle against those evil, savvy neo-marxists.

But his rise to fame got me to check out his earlier stuff, like when he explains that he’s a Christian but then does a good job of explaining the Bible and all its characters in very secular, historical ways. I didn’t like his politics, and I’m not religious, but I found this part of his work really interesting.

His book is anodyne. It threatens no one. It may contain nothing new, but if these kids weren't getting it elsewhere than its probably better than nothing.

His public appearances were culture war-y for sure. I don't know how long you can pull off being neutral in that, unless you are a doctrinare Marxist to which all of this is orthagonal to class struggle.

Does he currently label himself a Christian? Is that new with his sobreity? He didn't seem to want to pin himself down as such previously, despite his fixation on the topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate