Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Social Media: The God That Failed

Wed January 13, 2021 12:16 am

Remember that time trump was gonna ban tiktok, then just kinda forgot about it?

Wed January 13, 2021 12:43 am

i didnt join parler so maybe burt, mac or phat j can answer this one

did you really have to scan in your drivers license to join?

Wed January 13, 2021 1:12 am

I don't think so? I can't remember. Pretty sure "no".

You have to do it on Facebook if they ask for it.

Wed January 13, 2021 2:19 am

I thought it was a requirement if you wanted to become a "verified" member, not just to join up.

Wed January 13, 2021 4:15 am

Higgs wrote:I thought it was a requirement if you wanted to become a "verified" member, not just to join up.

Not on Facebook. If they suspect you might be a second account or a bot (or just want to get rid of you), they'll make you upload a photo ID. I think a lot of new accounts get dinged.

Wed January 13, 2021 4:41 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
Higgs wrote:I thought it was a requirement if you wanted to become a "verified" member, not just to join up.

Not on Facebook. If they suspect you might be a second account or a bot (or just want to get rid of you), they'll make you upload a photo ID. I think a lot of new accounts get dinged.

I don't use Facebook much, but if they ask for a copy of photo ID - that'd be the permanent end of that for me.

Wed January 13, 2021 5:02 am

Sarge we need to start asking for ID on all these suspected second accounts on RM.

Wed January 13, 2021 5:16 am

As long as we store all 5 of those IDs securely, it's all good.

Wed January 13, 2021 6:51 am

BurtReynolds wrote:

I was talking about Parler, not FB.

Wed January 13, 2021 6:52 am

Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I was talking about Parler, not FB.

oh, yeah I think that's right

Wed January 13, 2021 3:30 pm

The major social media companies knocking off 70,000 accounts and closing groups, along with Parlers shut down by Amazon is really disrupting the ability of these groups to coordinate. The Daily podcast has a great show on that from 1/12.

Sun January 17, 2021 10:16 am

Sun January 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Jack Dorsey leaving the day before the confirmation vote and hiding in French Polynesia for the last couple weeks is January 2021 in a nutshell

Fri January 22, 2021 1:48 am

It’s been four years and I’m just finding this out :)

So my uncle really hates the trump admin. Every day on Facebook he’d post like 50 rants against them. Got tot the point I just hid then unfollowed him.

Around thanksgiving of 2018 I noticed he Unfriended me. Told my cousins and they all laughed till they checked their FB and saw he unfriended them. Except for my oldest cousin who explained the uncle posted if you still want to be friends post here threads

Since the few of us unfollowed him I guess we kissed that

Tonight my brother tells me my uncle around this same time kept private messaging him and wanted him to denounce trump and when my brother didn’t my uncle started calling him a nazi. Finally my brother just unfriended him and ignored it. Uncle reached out to hi. Again and my brother flat out told him look I don’t hold a grudge but i don’t need your shit in my life.

Shows you there are wackos on each side of the aisle

Fri January 22, 2021 1:53 am

:willy wonka smile:

Fri January 22, 2021 1:54 am

very fine people on both sides.

Sat January 23, 2021 7:13 am

They purged a few antifa accounts yesterday, if anyone is keeping score at home.

Sat January 23, 2021 8:07 am

BurtReynolds wrote:They purged a few antifa accounts yesterday, if anyone is keeping score at home.

dear god please not a few

Wed January 27, 2021 8:45 pm

Creating the 'wrong' memes are now a federal offense. Sweet.

Wed January 27, 2021 9:56 pm

If meme magic is wrong I don't want to be right.
Post a reply