Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Social Media: The God That Failed

Wed August 12, 2020 4:53 am

Kate McKinnon is not on Twitter and I think it’s best if you leave her name out of your whore mouth

Wed August 12, 2020 12:44 pm

BurtReynolds wrote: full of MAGA clones parroting the same boring stuff to each other.

I can believe that. There's an evangelical end times site that I lurk and there is a lot of that in their forums.

Wed August 12, 2020 6:26 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Kate McKinnon is not on Twitter and I think it’s best if you leave her name out of your whore mouth

Simping for Kate? Pathetic.

Mon August 24, 2020 12:26 am

ive really limited my time on FB and twitter and good god has my mental stability improved

Sat September 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Sun September 13, 2020 2:33 am

How can both posts be the most controversial thing? They're an hour different, not a day different.

Thu September 17, 2020 6:35 pm

This was really good:

Tue September 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Not that we have any evidence here of this but...

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09 ... scrolling/

Tue September 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Not that we have any evidence here of this but...

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09 ... scrolling/

Existing in 2020 is "doomscrolling", also Pittsburgh is full of cocksuckers and douchebags.

Thu October 15, 2020 12:50 am

Pretty great day in overt censorship, Twitter.

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu October 15, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu October 15, 2020 1:06 am

Hot on the heels of this: https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7g5ga/ ... cs-offline

Apparently Facebook has such power over internet service providers that they can just ask for any website to be taken down and ISPs will do so, with no due process or oversight.

Thu October 15, 2020 2:22 am

Which NY Post story exactly?

Thu October 15, 2020 2:30 am

elliseamos wrote:Which NY Post story exactly?

Here is the link: [link deleted by mods]

Thu October 15, 2020 2:37 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
elliseamos wrote:Which NY Post story exactly?

Here is the link: [link deleted by mods]

Fuuuuuuck

Fri October 16, 2020 5:47 am

I watched The Social Dilemma last night and I guess a lot of what they’re saying makes sense because so many people are fucking morons, but I’m just sitting here thinking to myself: My feed is all Dave Chappelle memes and drumming videos. I don’t see what the big deal is. Every now and then, an ad for a product that I really do find useful.

It takes a special kind of idiot to read about Pizzagate (never heard of it before this) and go gun down a fkn Dominos because there are supposedly child sex slaves in the basement? If we have that many fkn idiots running around in our society we are doomed, computers or not.

Sad what happened in Myanmar. Plenty of idiots there, too, it seems.

As far as the algorithms to keep you addicted ... OK, I can see that. I sense that it works on me sometimes. But I check RM out of boredom just as much as I do Facebook. What is Green Habit trying to sell me?

Fri October 16, 2020 5:55 am

Bammer wrote:I watched The Social Dilemma last night and I guess a lot of what they’re saying makes sense because so many people are fucking morons, but I’m just sitting here thinking to myself: My feed is all Dave Chappelle memes and drumming videos. I don’t see what the big deal is. Every now and then, an ad for a product that I really do find useful.

It takes a special kind of idiot to read about Pizzagate (never heard of it before this) and go gun down a fkn Dominos because there are supposedly child sex slaves in the basement? If we have that many fkn idiots running around in our society we are doomed, computers or not.

As far as the algorithms to keep you addicted ... OK, I can see that. I sense that it works on me sometimes. But I check RM out of boredom just as much as I do Facebook. What is Green Habit trying to sell me?

Green Habit is trying to sell you on Lochner v. NY being wrongly decided, and that is insidious. The underlying law was clearly written with racial and religious bias in mind, and it was proper for it to be struck down.

Fri October 16, 2020 6:03 am

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bammer wrote:I watched The Social Dilemma last night and I guess a lot of what they’re saying makes sense because so many people are fucking morons, but I’m just sitting here thinking to myself: My feed is all Dave Chappelle memes and drumming videos. I don’t see what the big deal is. Every now and then, an ad for a product that I really do find useful.

Green Habit is trying to sell you on Lochner v. NY being wrongly decided, and that is insidious. The underlying law was clearly written with racial and religious bias in mind, and it was proper for it to be struck down.

Hmmmm. I’ll google it.

Fri October 16, 2020 8:10 am

Which is worse? Fake news coming from the always popular "twtoday.net"? Or google, facebook, twitter and the FBI teaming up to suppress it?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nformation

Fri October 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Soon RM will be the most free social media site on the internet. But then Zuck will unleash his terrible fury upon us.

Fri October 16, 2020 9:44 pm

So that twitter outage last night was twitter being hacked by Russia it seems ?
And they’re now allowing that article to be shared

Post a reply