Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Social Media: The God That Failed

Mon December 18, 2023 6:02 pm

what would be an example of deceptive design of user interface?

Mon December 18, 2023 6:27 pm

I thought this was pretty spot on:

Mission accomplished, oh President! Young people in Western countries are now stupid as hell.

Mon December 18, 2023 7:39 pm

blueviper wrote:what would be an example of deceptive design of user interface?

The lawsuit is in reference to the blue checkmarks. I would guess, blue checkmarking people who aren't who they say they are, etc.

Mon December 18, 2023 7:56 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Dime, being a good little European, is a big fan of government censorship

Sure would hate to see censorship come to this free range platform that complies with 83% of authoritarian government requests to remove content.

Mon December 18, 2023 8:13 pm

McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Dime, being a good little European, is a big fan of government censorship

Sure would hate to see censorship come to this free range platform that complies with 83% of authoritarian government requests to remove content.

I didn't realize B was that aggressive here.

Mon December 18, 2023 8:16 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

His Holiness does not aggress. He cleanses.

Mon December 18, 2023 8:32 pm

He did once ban me for speaking the truth, but I don't remember what truth it was.

Mon December 18, 2023 10:17 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:He did once ban me for speaking the truth, but I don't remember what truth it was.

Mon December 18, 2023 10:22 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:He did once ban me for speaking the truth, but I don't remember what truth it was.

Sounds unimportant. Shocking.

Tue December 19, 2023 5:58 am

blueviper wrote:what would be an example of deceptive design of user interface?

I think it has something to do with the Donate button at the top of the RM home page

Tue December 19, 2023 6:47 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Dime, being a good little European, is a big fan of government censorship, until he realizes this will be used to prevent any criticism of Israel.

Haha. Not really. And no it won’t.

Tue December 19, 2023 6:49 am

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

His Holiness does not aggress. He cleanses.

Mecca banned me once for a picture of a surgical wound I got at the top of my ass crack. You couldn’t even tell it was an ass crack it coulda been anywhere.
Thus butthurt was born.

Happier times.

Tue March 05, 2024 2:42 am

Tue March 05, 2024 3:00 pm

tough skating, but how many investors would you ultimately want to end up with anyway?

Tue March 05, 2024 6:36 pm

spike wrote:tough skating, but how many investors would you ultimately want to end up with anyway?

Hopefully more than the fluffer gets.

Tue March 05, 2024 7:05 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
spike wrote:tough skating, but how many investors would you ultimately want to end up with anyway?

The original chart needs to be committed to stone as a warning to future generations. Ozymandias but for messed up Bay Area polycules.

Wed March 06, 2024 3:04 am

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

The original chart needs to be committed to stone as a warning to future generations. Ozymandias but for messed up Bay Area polycules.

are you guys gonna weigh in or be weirdos as usual

Wed March 06, 2024 3:26 am

simple schoolboy wrote:

this anecdote is incredibly common, to the point of I'm not sure why this guy even published it

Wed March 06, 2024 3:54 am

yeah i figured

not news

Wed March 06, 2024 11:41 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

this anecdote is incredibly common, to the point of I'm not sure why this guy even published it

This post is really good as I can’t tell if you don’t get it or do and just nailed the response
Post a reply