The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Social Media: The God That Failed
PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 12:41 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
I thought the joke was maybe about FB getting sued and that’s why they shut down but anyway I am trending very tree-like in this thread right now so I will stop now.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 12:55 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
I do enjoy them hiding behind a, "its for the children!" justification. Naw, you just want to censor people. Kids spending too much time on social media sounds like a parenting issue, not a we need to redefine what speech and commerce are issue.

It’s really not censoring. If you go to a bar and call the bartender a fat hog with big tits you would get thrown out

Same thing with FB, Twitter etc. if you don’t follow their rules you don’t get to use it. It’s not an inalienable right to have a social media account t. You agree to the tos even if 99.9999999% don’t read what that is

Peeps the libertarian.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 12:59 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
I do enjoy them hiding behind a, "its for the children!" justification. Naw, you just want to censor people. Kids spending too much time on social media sounds like a parenting issue, not a we need to redefine what speech and commerce are issue.

It’s really not censoring. If you go to a bar and call the bartender a fat hog with big tits you would get thrown out

Same thing with FB, Twitter etc. if you don’t follow their rules you don’t get to use it. It’s not an inalienable right to have a social media account t. You agree to the tos even if 99.9999999% don’t read what that is

Are you following this conversation at all? They are discussing creating a new federal entity that would oversee Facebook's TOS and moderation standards. The feds don't generally tell bars the criteria under which they must eject patrons.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 2:00 am 
mXn

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I thought the joke was maybe about FB getting sued and that’s why they shut down but anyway I am trending very tree-like in this thread right now so I will stop now.

SO HORNY

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 2:15 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Bammer wrote:

SO HORNY

did you throw out your shoulder there?

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 11:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Are you following this conversation at all? They are discussing creating a new federal entity that would oversee Facebook's TOS and moderation standards. The feds don't generally tell bars the criteria under which they must eject patrons.

honestly when i read your posts they kind of just blur together and i pick up key words. its too taxing to follow along with what you post

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 1:23 pm 
mXn

Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Peeps wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

honestly when i read your posts they kind of just blur together and i pick up key words. its too taxing to follow along with what you post

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 2:03 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I love when Zuckerberg makes public statements defending Facebook. Does he think anyone believes anything he says?

I saw the movie about his life. He was not the good guy.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 2:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
I love when Zuckerberg makes public statements defending Facebook. Does he think anyone believes anything he says?

in fairness i saw a movie where a beautiful wife called a plumber and he was there in 20 minutes and had adult relations with her. we all know thats not true either. no way a plumber shows up in 20 minutes

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 4:00 pm 
mXn

If I had a plumbing company I would 100% call it Layin’ Pipe, Inc.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 4:29 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
B wrote:

in fairness i saw a movie where a beautiful wife called a plumber and he was there in 20 minutes and had adult relations with her. we all know thats not true either. no way a plumber shows up in 20 minutes

Well, we know he created Facebook to hot/not hot his classmates at Yale, so I'm shocked that it hasn't turned into the utopia that Zuck is expecting.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 5:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

was that his sole idea or did those twins want in on that too?

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 5:45 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:

I don't know the answer to your question, but there's no answer that paints Zuck or Facebook in a good light.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 6:44 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

B wrote:
Peeps wrote:

I don't know the answer to your question, but there's no answer that paints Zuck or Facebook in a good light.

It wasn't his idea at all, right? He just stole it from them and made it happen? I don't remember now. The actor that played him in that movie really rubs me the wrong way.

PostPosted: Thu October 07, 2021 2:45 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
Peeps wrote:

It wasn't his idea at all, right? He just stole it from them and made it happen? I don't remember now. The actor that played him in that movie really rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, that's worse.

PostPosted: Wed November 10, 2021 6:52 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 4:50 am 

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 5:44 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

If you see this guy boarding your plane, flee as fast as you can.

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 5:46 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:

Been a lot of that going around.

PostPosted: Fri December 17, 2021 6:50 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Ron's gone wrong is bang on the money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 63  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate