The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post subject: 44th President Barack HUSSEIN Obama
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 pm 
Future Drummer

Thread to discuss our Kenyan in Chief's plans to destroy America. Forward, Comrades!

Post subject: Re: 44th President Barack HUSSEIN Obama
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 3:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

ill probably never really look back at this thread much, but i just wanted to throw into it that, some of this bullshit that people that just hate Obama send me to read as a reason why he is terrible is so damn ridiculous, ive been emailed shit trying to prove to me that he is purposely trying to run the economy into the ground to turn around with some kinda hostile take over to become our dictator is just the stupidest kinda bullshit and i wish i knew how the people who believed that stuffs brains worked.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm 
RM Elitist

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
ill probably never really look back at this thread much, but i just wanted to throw into it that, some of this bullshit that people that just hate Obama send me to read as a reason why he is terrible is so damn ridiculous, ive been emailed shit trying to prove to me that he is purposely trying to run the economy into the ground to turn around with some kinda hostile take over to become our dictator is just the stupidest kinda bullshit and i wish i knew how the people who believed that stuffs brains worked.

and the same thing happened with Bush.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I definitely hated bush, but all the things i hated him for, mostly the unnecessary war in iraq turned out to be justified. but that is besides the point, im sure there are rediculous extremists on both sides, and i dont understand where these outrageous thoughts come from

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:27 pm 
The worst

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
I definitely hated bush, but all the things i hated him for, mostly the unnecessary war in iraq turned out to be justified. but that is besides the point, im sure there are rediculous extremists on both sides, and i dont understand where these outrageous thoughts come from

there are, of course, but one of the major differences is that the lefty extremists are margialized not only in mainstream political discourse, but even on much of the left. There were people who argued that 9-11 was set up by Cheney/Bush to fabricate the wars, but no one outside of a very small minority took those people seriously. Compared to, say, birthers.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:36 pm 
Poster of the Year

Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

there are, of course, but one of the major differences is that the lefty extremists are margialized not only in mainstream political discourse, but even on much of the left. There were people who argued that 9-11 was set up by Cheney/Bush to fabricate the wars, but no one outside of a very small minority took those people seriously. Compared to, say, birthers.

Take that, fairness bias!

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Stip wrote:
I'm trying to think of a more prominent birther than Donald Trump. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
RM Elitist

Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I don't know if i buy that. I tend to lean more right, and have thought the birther thing was ridiculous, and I think most relatively well adjusted people on the right dont buy it either. Hell, I don't think Trump even buys it, but pushes it as a PR opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:43 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

And Hussein is in capitals because?

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:51 pm 
The worst

@SkitchP wrote:
Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I don't know if i buy that. I tend to lean more right, and have thought the birther thing was ridiculous, and I think most relatively well adjusted people on the right dont buy it either. Hell, I don't think Trump even buys it, but pushes it as a PR opportunity.

bracketing whether relatively well adjusted people are currently represented by the mainstream public face of the right too much these days, whether or not the purveyors of this crap believed it is also largely irrelevant. It was talked about incessantly, was an issue in the party primaries (especially among some primary voters), had wide ranging appeal in media circles (especially talk radio, etc). There is simply no real left analogue to that.

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

@SkitchP wrote:
Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

this is the first time in my voting history that they guy i voted for became president, so i wouldnt have been offended by a lot of ridiculousness while Bush was in office because i had my complaints but didnt listen to many other crazy things, though the thought of our president having something to do with 9-11 is a good bit of bullshit thinking as well so it definitely could have been equal. and as far as Trump goes, i would go along with the thought that his dumb sounding statements are just for the sake of getting attention, atleast for him i hope that is the case

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm 
post-structuralist

Angus wrote:

how else could we be sure it was really borken iris who started the thread and not some impostor?

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:15 pm 
RM Elitist

Stip wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

bracketing whether relatively well adjusted people are currently represented by the mainstream public face of the right too much these days, whether or not the purveyors of this crap believed it is also largely irrelevant. It was talked about incessantly, was an issue in the party primaries (especially among some primary voters), had wide ranging appeal in media circles (especially talk radio, etc). There is simply no real left analogue to that.

I guess you're right. Maybe I just tuned it out as nonsense, so I assumed everyone did. I just chalked it up to a ridiculous media and an election cycle.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

@SkitchP wrote:
Stip wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49554.html

http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&content=50453448&pageNum=-1

Also, about half my family on my dad's side. :shake:

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Angus wrote:

On many conservative websites President Obama is often referred to as "Barry Sorrento", "BHO", or "Barrack Hussein Obama" in attempt to belittle him or induce some pavlovian respond to his middle name. Several liberal websites have gone on to mock that behavior by capitalizing the name, pointing out how pathetic such behavior is. I thought it would be appropriate here.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 10:09 pm 
The worst

refresh my memory about the Barry Sorrento thing?

I get the Hussein thing. It's foreign sounding and it'll play to certain hostile nativist elements. The teleprompter jokes always seemed kinda pointless. What major political speaker won't use teleprompters?

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 10:24 pm 
A Return To Form

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Well, he's killing civilians by the truckload in Pakistan.

We probably should hate him for that, dontcha think?

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 1:43 am 
Future Drummer

Stip wrote:

I get the Hussein thing. It's foreign sounding and it'll play to certain hostile nativist elements. The teleprompter jokes always seemed kinda pointless. What major political speaker won't use teleprompters?

Ah, I fucked up. It's "Barry Soetoro", which is related to the birther movement.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 3:06 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Stip wrote:

Lincoln was a truly great speaker because he read his speeches off paper, not some dandy teleprompter!

Yeah, I've never understood that one, either.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 4:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

mray10 wrote:
Stip wrote:

Lincoln was a truly great speaker because he read his speeches off paper, not some dandy teleprompter!

Yeah, I've never understood that one, either.

I think the teleprompter thing is a way of saying his speaches are being written for him, but i feel it is a way to keep his thoughts straight and make sure you make all of your points. That is something i have to do just to have a talk with an employee, i always have my notes infront of me so i dont miss any of the points im trying to make

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate