Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Political Meme Thread

Sun August 07, 2022 6:06 pm

you're a transphobic, pigeon brained piece of shit how else am I supposed to treat you?

Sun August 07, 2022 6:12 pm

Norris wrote:you're a transphobic, pigeon brained piece of shit how else am I supposed to treat you?

Well, how do you want to be treated?

Sun August 07, 2022 6:16 pm

if i said shit like you did i'd certainly hope people would call me out

the culture war bullshit of the last few years has revealed so much, about so many people, especially right here on this shitty corner of the internet, that i'm not going to sit here and pretend i'm merely having good faith conversations with people that i happen to disagree with

in fact, by even explaining this i'm breaking one of my own self imposed limitations: just because i laugh at you doesn't mean i want to talk to you

Sun August 07, 2022 7:05 pm

Norris wrote:if i said shit like you did i'd certainly hope people would call me out

the culture war bullshit of the last few years has revealed so much, about so many people, especially right here on this shitty corner of the internet, that i'm not going to sit here and pretend i'm merely having good faith conversations with people that i happen to disagree with

in fact, by even explaining this i'm breaking one of my own self imposed limitations: just because i laugh at you doesn't mean i want to talk to you

If it helps you that there is a villain, you can paint me as that. But I am not the monster or bigot you assume. I simply hold to the anachronistic worldview that quality of the idea is independent of the speaker. That it's possible for a good person to have a bad idea or a bad person to have a good idea and thus each idea should be criticized and evaluated on it's own merits and not in the context of some power binary. In order to do this, to be open to the best idea, the only way is steel-manning it and yes that means posting things that are controversial in nature or spoken by controversial or unpopular figures who don't seem to be on the right side of history or in line with the current thing. So just because I post something doesn't mean that's what is in my soul. And if you are incapable understanding that or of acknowledging any thoughts other than the comfortable safety of your own, if it hurts you to even see a non-conforming though posted, that's on you. Foe me and move on. I foe'd you years ago. But for god-sake's CHUD it's a fucking meme thread, don't be such a dick.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:07 pm

see, you think you're controversial yet wise, when really you're just a moron

Sun August 07, 2022 7:07 pm

Your meme was about how funny it is that that one guy died.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:08 pm

"The meme thread is actually the octagon of ideas, a necessary testing ground of a free society."

Sun August 07, 2022 7:09 pm

Norris wrote:see, you think you're controversial yet wise, when really you're just a moron

I don't think I'm wise, but I am willing to listen and explore to maybe get there.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:16 pm

Norris wrote:you're a transphobic, pigeon brained piece of shit how else am I supposed to treat you?

Looks like you forgot gaslighter.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:18 pm

Mickey wrote:"The meme thread is actually the octagon of ideas, a necessary testing ground of a free society."

This is probably the most astute thing you've ever posted.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:18 pm

Sun August 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
Norris wrote:you're absolutely right, someone should shoot you

mods?

Don't threaten people, Norris.

Sun August 07, 2022 7:53 pm

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Norris wrote:you're absolutely right, someone should shoot you

mods?

Don't threaten people, Norris.

I wouldn't.

Mon August 08, 2022 12:32 am

Norris's hate for bi is legendary.

Mon August 08, 2022 1:06 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Norris's hate for bi is legendary.

The Wokes are really eating each other alive, here, lately.

Mon August 08, 2022 1:10 am

Bi is absolutely not "woke" and would not claim to be.

Mon August 08, 2022 1:12 am

Bi_3 wrote:
Norris wrote:i'm really sorry i followed the shitty meme to its logical conclusion

Why are you this way?

If you don't get in line we'll lock you away-ay-ay-ay...

Mon August 08, 2022 12:21 pm

elliseamos wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Norris wrote:i'm really sorry i followed the shitty meme to its logical conclusion

Why are you this way?

If you don't get in line we'll lock you away-ay-ay-ay...

What if I got one of these ye-ye ass haircuts?

Mon August 08, 2022 1:42 pm

I would have accepted a dancing nancy or Jimi thing reference.

You've failed.

Mon August 08, 2022 2:04 pm

That’s a solid meme, Ellis.
Post a reply