The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DMZ: A thread about North Korea
PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2013 8:39 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'm going to the Dollar store to stock up on canned goods tonight.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2013 5:28 am 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Why? You're on the east coast now.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2013 1:52 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Why? You're on the east coast now.

Have you not seen Red Dawn? The one with Thor in it, I mean.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 12:57 pm 

Great, it's gonna be another Iraq. An "intel" report came out today saying that N. Korea has the capability now to put a small nuke on a delivery system. That paired along with John Kerry over there saying that we will not accept an nuclear N. Korea...

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 2:17 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Great, it's gonna be another Iraq. An "intel" report came out today saying that N. Korea has the capability now to put a small nuke on a delivery system. That paired along with John Kerry over there saying that we will not accept an nuclear N. Korea...

It will be more like Vietnam, but what is interesting is that Best Korea has an unbeatable weapon already. They have 100s of thousands of starving people living near the DMZ. If they ordered those people across the border on threat of death, the world would be paralyzed with inaction. Worst Korea's economy, though vibrant, could not possible support them and it's not like they can just shoot them all dead as they cross.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 2:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

broken iris wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It will be more like Vietnam, but what is interesting is that Best Korea has an unbeatable weapon already. They have 100s of thousands of starving people living near the DMZ. If they ordered those people across the border on threat of death, the world would be paralyzed with inaction. Worst Korea's economy, though vibrant, could not possible support them and it's not like they can just shoot them all dead as they cross.

team america will save us.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 3:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

broken iris wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It'll be more like Korea.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2013 8:55 pm 
Polluted

The last thing the DPRK is gonna do is launch a nuke.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 1:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

This has been and will always be about getting money to prop up that pathetic regime.

To avoid people dying in Seoul again, the US will send over a "diplomat" with a breifcase full of money and kick the can down the road once more.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
This has been and will always be about getting money to prop up that pathetic regime.

To avoid people dying in Seoul again, the US will send over a "diplomat" with a breifcase full of money and kick the can down the road once more.

Well, there was also a report that Kerry said the US would scale back it's ABM system if China were to 'help'. So, you know, maybe it's not only Best Korea that's trying to gain something here.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:13 pm 
Rank This Poster

broken iris wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Well, there was also a report that Kerry said the US would scale back it's ABM system if China were to 'help'. So, you know, maybe it's not only Best Korea that's trying to gain something here.

So what do you think right now if you're Iran?

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

patience.

PostPosted: Tue April 16, 2013 1:27 pm 
Future Drummer

elliseamos wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

patience.

Iran is having some earthquake issues (7+ last night) near it's nuclear reactors. They definitely need to not draw additional attention to them at this point least someone decide the reactors need to be 'non-consensually managed by an outside agency' before another earthquake causes a Fukushima in SE Iran.

PostPosted: Tue January 07, 2014 10:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bump

*unless someone wants to start a separate "Rodman in Korea" thread.

PostPosted: Wed March 26, 2014 5:53 pm 

Imagine if we all had to get the "nah"

Quote:
All Men In North Korea Are Now Reportedly Required to Get the Same Haircut as Kim Jong Un

Women will still be allowed to choose from a selection of state-sanctioned 'dos

Until now, everyone in North Korea had to choose their haircuts from a list of state-approved styles. But now, all men in the hermit kingdom will be required to sport the same hairstyle as supreme leader Kim Jong Un, the BBC reports.

Pyongyang introduced the new law two weeks ago but is now rolling it out across the country. Unfortunately, some North Koreans may not be thrilled about the new look. According to a former Pyongyang resident now living in China, the Kim Jong Un cut is unpopular because it apparently resembles the style of Chinese smugglers. “Until the mid-2000s, we called it the ‘Chinese smuggler haircut,” the source told the Korea Times.

For now, it seems women will still be able to choose one of the several state-approved styles. Though if Kim Jong Un is a Friends fan, maybe he’ll mandate that all women get “The Rachel.” You never know

http://time.com/38409/north-korea-kim-j ... ?hpt=hp_t3

PostPosted: Wed March 26, 2014 6:04 pm 
post-structuralist

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i can't afford that much hair product per month :/

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed March 26, 2014 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

It seems that the only "safe" way for the DPRK to be defeated is for it to implode itself. One could only hope this would increase those odds.

PostPosted: Wed March 26, 2014 6:30 pm 
Poster of the Year

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365155890/

This was pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Wed March 26, 2014 9:27 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Quote:
All Men In North Korea Are Now Reportedly Required to Get the Same Haircut as Kim Jong Un

Women will still be allowed to choose from a selection of state-sanctioned 'dos

Until now, everyone in North Korea had to choose their haircuts from a list of state-approved styles. But now, all men in the hermit kingdom will be required to sport the same hairstyle as supreme leader Kim Jong Un, the BBC reports.

Pyongyang introduced the new law two weeks ago but is now rolling it out across the country. Unfortunately, some North Koreans may not be thrilled about the new look. According to a former Pyongyang resident now living in China, the Kim Jong Un cut is unpopular because it apparently resembles the style of Chinese smugglers. “Until the mid-2000s, we called it the ‘Chinese smuggler haircut,” the source told the Korea Times.

For now, it seems women will still be able to choose one of the several state-approved styles. Though if Kim Jong Un is a Friends fan, maybe he’ll mandate that all women get “The Rachel.” You never know

http://time.com/38409/north-korea-kim-j ... ?hpt=hp_t3

These stories are never actually true, though.

PostPosted: Thu March 27, 2014 5:05 am 
Banned from the Pit

I wonder if baldness would be a valid excuse or if you get sent off to never be seen again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate