The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Hate Groups: White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis, the Alt-Right...
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 pm 
The Master

Have been going down a bit of a rabbit hole the last few weeks. Started with a replaying of American History X, then the PBS doc on Ruby Ridge. Watched Green Room a few nights ago, and will tackle Imperium and Welcome to Lieth this week...

Have also been reading quite a bit about these groups' concentration in the western Rockies and PacNW: Northwestern MT, the Idaho panhandle, parts of WA and OR. Reading about different groups and belief systems like Pioneer Little Europe, the defunct Volksfront group (I believe I met some of these people when I lived in Portland), the "Cascadia" goal (basically a plan to gobble up a ton of real estate and win local election in the Cascade mountain region...

The real reason I started this thread is so I can share with you the horrors of Prussian Blue: A now defunct folk/pop-rock group of twin sisters who sang songs advocating for the white race:

The girls have *sort of* renounced their old belief system:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ppies.html

WTF, right? For the most part, I regard these sorts of people as annoying gnats, something bothersome that are mostly pretty harmless, if vile. But I do wonder: in the event of some serious catastrophe -- nuclear war, natural disaster, etc -- would there be enough of them to take control of the Cascade region? Would Prussian Blue reunite to release a record that explodes on the Billboard Post-Apocalyptic Rock Charts?? Would Mrs. Trag finally open herself to letting me buy a gun for protection???

In 2009, I joined my dad and uncle for a family reunion in Placerville, ID, where my great-grandfather had homesteaded and raised six children. Those kids started all their own families, and they are scattered around the western part of the country. Though I had been going to Placerville all my life, I had never met this one faction of my cousins. Anyway, on the day of the reunion, my cousin and her family drive in from northern Idaho, and she is married to a guy with a swastika tattoo. It was obviously very upsetting to everyone who was there, but we just played nice for a few hours: Ate hot dogs, drank beer, couldn't wait for them to leave...

Curious to hear others' thoughts or experiences with these sorts of people.

Post subject: Re: Hate Groups: White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis, the Alt-Righ
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:24 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

BLACK PEOPLE CAN BE RACIST TOO, TRAG

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 pm 
The Master

W. Kamau Bell did an episode of United Shades of America on immigrants and hate groups last night. Here's his interview with Richard Spener:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/make-white-p ... d-spencer/

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:45 pm 
The Master

Really thought this thread would get more traction right out of the gate. You guys realize there's a shot of a Hitler snowman in the second video, right?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm 
Poster of the Year

happy birthday skitch

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
happy birthday skitch

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

tragabigzanda wrote:
In 2009, I joined my dad and uncle for a family reunion in Placerville, ID, where my great-grandfather had homesteaded and raised six children. Those kids started all their own families, and they are scattered around the western part of the country. Though I had been going to Placerville all my life, I had never met this one faction of my cousins. Anyway, on the day of the reunion, my cousin and her family drive in from northern Idaho, and she is married to a guy with a swastika tattoo. It was obviously very upsetting to everyone who was there, but we just played nice for a few hours: Ate hot dogs, drank beer, couldn't wait for them to leave...

Can you remind me on how long have you lived in the West? I may have some things to contribute but I want to get an idea of how much you already may know.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 pm 
The Master

Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Can you remind me on how long have you lived in the West? I may have some things to contribute but I want to get an idea of how much you already may know.

Have been visiting Idaho (mostly Placerville, Boise, McCall, Sand Point) all my life; have probably visited the state 8 or 9 times now, and then I drive through Coeur d'Alene several times a year on my way to Seattle.

Lived in Olympia, WA for six months, and then Portland, OR for four years. Was somewhat in the punk scene in Portland and came across some skin heads on a few occasions (saw one skinhead slice another from waist to neck with a piece of broken glass one time). Moved back to the East Coast from 2005-2015. Have been living in MT for about 2 years now.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 pm 
Polluted

Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Some of us have lived on the east coast for our entire lives. I'd like to hear what you have to say regardless of Trag's knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:12 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I knew a guy who called himself a skinhead, but he was like this authentic 1970s New York punk guy who used the term before nazis took it over I guess.

Years of alcohol and drugs had taken its toll and mellowed him out, but the thing is he'd still wear shirts and stuff with swastikas or that said "skinhead' to bars just to get in fights. He wasn't racist, just fucking crazy.

Fantastic landscape painter though. Go figure.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
I knew a guy who called himself a skinhead, but he was like this authentic 1970s New York punk guy who used the term before nazis took it over I guess.

Years of alcohol and drugs had taken its toll and mellowed him out, but the thing is he'd still wear shirts and stuff with swastikas or that said "skinhead' to bars just to get in fights. He wasn't racist, just fucking crazy.

Fantastic landscape painter though. Go figure.

I knew a couple guys like this too, back in MA. They said they their type of skinhead originated from an idea of racial inclusion. I always felt like "Sure, but I bet the black people who feel threatened by your shaved head and weird symbols are terrified of you all the same."

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 pm 
The Master

So I'm about 15 mins into Welcome To Leith, and Cobb says "We're being genocided in our own country..." This is something that's been bugging me since I started going down this rabbit hole. This narrative of being "genocided" seems to be one of the foundational tenets of all of these groups. But where are they getting their data? Strictly speaking, is there any sort of data that shows black/Hispanic/Muslim/other people killing whites in large numbers? Or are they talking more about "economic genocide" -- affirmative action, diversity measures in the work place, etc? I've never seen any striking data that says "black people are killing white people" or anything like that (and I could easily believe the opposite is more true). But I guess I could at least understand the "economic genocide" argument, in the sense that there are probably stats that show traditionally white jobs going to people of other races.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:24 pm 
The Master

Sort of answered my own question. Taken from the front page of the Vanguard News Network:

Due to a variety of factors (e.g., their control of the media and Hollywood), the Jews now have the upper hand against Whites and are very close to wiping out Whites via several different methods (e.g., by pushing immigration, multiculturalism, feminism, open borders, etc.).

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

tragabigzanda wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Have been visiting Idaho (mostly Placerville, Boise, McCall, Sand Point) all my life; have probably visited the state 8 or 9 times now, and then I drive through Coeur d'Alene several times a year on my way to Seattle.

Lived in Olympia, WA for six months, and then Portland, OR for four years. Was somewhat in the punk scene in Portland and came across some skin heads on a few occasions (saw one skinhead slice another from waist to neck with a piece of broken glass one time). Moved back to the East Coast from 2005-2015. Have been living in MT for about 2 years now.
OK, what I was going to bring up was the presence of the Aryan Nations in Hayden back in the 90s. Since Self is curious in general I'll just post the Wikipedia article on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations

They were never a very sizeable group (always many, many more counterprotestors when they marched), but it was still scary, my brother in law will occasionally tell some fucked up stories about them. As the article explains, they eventually got sued out of existence there.

Also, and not totally related to this subject, but northern Idaho, which used to be a fairly labor-left leaning region due to mining, timber & manufacturing unions, took a hard right turn in the 90s when conservative Californians fled all the "chaos" that was going on there then. The most famous emigrant? Mark Fuhrman. That influx sent Idaho as a whole as one of the most Republican in the nation. Boise's recent turn leftward may subside that somewhat in the future, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

It's just bs identity politics tactics. Why say "increased pressures on white working class" or something like that when you could say WHITE GENOCIIIIIDE!!!!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm 
The Master

Thanks GH. I had been reading about Hayden Lake over the last few weeks. Had no awareness of it when I was younger. But when we drove to Seattle last month, I was super aware of how close we were to the area when we hit Coeur d'Alene. Felt creepy, even if it's irrational. But I made a note to always have plenty of gas and supplies before I get to that area; would hate to have to make a pull-off for fuel and wind up in some Green Room nightmare scenario!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
So I'm about 15 mins into Welcome To Leith, and Cobb says "We're being genocided in our own country..." This is something that's been bugging me since I started going down this rabbit hole. This narrative of being "genocided" seems to be one of the foundational tenets of all of these groups. But where are they getting their data? Strictly speaking, is there any sort of data that shows black/Hispanic/Muslim/other people killing whites in large numbers? Or are they talking more about "economic genocide" -- affirmative action, diversity measures in the work place, etc? I've never seen any striking data that says "black people are killing white people" or anything like that (and I could easily believe the opposite is more true). But I guess I could at least understand the "economic genocide" argument, in the sense that there are probably stats that show traditionally white jobs going to people of other races.

I can't speak for the USA, and the situation in Australia isn't comparable either, but I think the European trend towards a more nationalist/nativist political approach is somewhat understandable given they've borne the brunt more dramatically of that liberal, open borders approach to immigration, eg. Birmingham and Brussels now having over 25% Muslim populations.

I think you'd be right to have serious concerns about the future demographic impact of that change, particularly once those populations start to have signficant electoral influence.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:39 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I can't speak for the USA, and the situation in Australia isn't comparable either, but I think the European trend towards a more nationalist/nativist political approach is somewhat understandable given they've borne the brunt more dramatically of that liberal, open borders approach to immigration, eg. Birmingham and Brussels now having over 25% Muslim populations.

I think you'd be right to have serious concerns about the future demographic impact of that change, particularly once those populations start to have signficant electoral influence.

I was on board with your train of thought until you pointed towards "electoral influence" as being a particularly good reason for stricter border controls. I would have gone with "UK residents having their heads cut off by ISIS" or something like that. My own outlook is that your (totally realistic) idea of electoral influence being swayed by larger proportions of immigrants falls under free speech (constitutionally speaking), and the free exchange of ideas in a free world (ideologically speaking).

Can you say more about why you'd view stricter borders as inherently good, apart from the obvious deterrence to violence? Is there something about the "preserving our way of life" mentality that is better to you than allowing new ideas to enter? I ask because this was basically Richard Spencer's position in the interview clip I posted earlier; and to a lesser extent, Craig Cobb's position in Welcome to Leith. I just don't understand why some people feel that their "native-by-birth, yet descendent of immigrants" position in a given country is somehow more righteous than "new immigrant" (did I state that question clearly?)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm 
The Master

Thoughts on Welcome to Leith, trag?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:53 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Thoughts on Welcome to Leith, trag?

Just posted in the movies thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate