Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Local/State Politics: Engage Now Or Die!

Thu October 26, 2017 4:57 pm

I am no longer just Trag; I am now Trag, male rep for the Montana Democratic Party, Precinct 64B. Attended our first meeting last night, and got voted into the position. Highlight of my week!

How are you guys tuning out the national noise and plugging in to your local political sphere?

Re: Local/State Politics: Engage Now Or Die!

Fri October 27, 2017 10:19 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
How are you guys tuning out the national noise and plugging in to your local political sphere?

Tue October 31, 2017 7:37 am

tragabigzanda wrote:How are you guys tuning out the national noise and plugging in to your local political sphere?

Tue October 31, 2017 7:42 am

I hope your involvement in politics grows and grows and you find yourself up for something important and then someone leaks some of your more insane posts from here causing a big controversy and Red Mosquito finally gets on the news!

Tue October 31, 2017 1:19 pm

theplatypus wrote:I hope your involvement in politics grows and grows and you find yourself up for something important and then someone leaks some of your more insane posts from here causing a big controversy and Red Mosquito finally gets on the news!

ill just blame everything on dev.

Tue October 31, 2017 2:08 pm

theplatypus wrote:I hope your involvement in politics grows and grows and you find yourself up for something important and then someone leaks some of your more insane posts from here causing a big controversy and Red Mosquito finally gets on the news!

I hope RM never gets on the news. We've all said controversial shit. Most of us were joking at the time, but that context will get lost in the controversy. I think you should quit this position, trag. You're putting us all at risk.

Tue October 31, 2017 2:12 pm

What's the most damning post made on this iteration of RM?

Tue October 31, 2017 3:49 pm

The Argonaut wrote:

I hope RM never gets on the news. We've all said controversial shit. Most of us were joking at the time, but that context will get lost in the controversy. I think you should quit this position, trag. You're putting us all at risk.

Asher gets it.

Tue October 31, 2017 4:53 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:What's the most damning post made on this iteration of RM?

probably when stip said Mind Your Manners is his favorite song since Yield

Tue October 31, 2017 5:01 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:

probably when stip said Mind Your Manners is his favorite song since Yield

Kissing his political career goodbye in the process.

Tue October 31, 2017 5:08 pm

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5697&p=80692#p80692

Wed November 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Glad to see there's some fight left in Compton:

Wed November 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Butt Hurt Ass Goobers

Wed November 01, 2017 4:28 pm

our local politics (county level) is a shitstorm.

nothing but corruption, finger pointing, selective memory, wasted tax dollars, visons of greatness and everything else you can think of

http://www.beavercountian.com

this guy started as just a "blogger" but has really unearthed a lot of what is wrong here in beaver county.
Last edited by Peeps on Wed November 01, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed November 01, 2017 4:37 pm

My wife and I would like to thank you for having us over to your dinner party.
Last edited by The Argonaut on Sun June 23, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed November 01, 2017 4:39 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Glad to see there's some fight left in Compton:

Is this illegal? I thought you couldn't threaten the preisdent's life.

Also, the crips killed hundreds if not thousands of Americans. Not sure that's a better option than Trump.

Wed November 01, 2017 4:48 pm

The Argonaut wrote:In New York, we're voting next week on whether or not to call a state constitutional convention. It comes up for a vote every 20 years, and the last one was in 1938. My father, my former union, and the New York Times all advise voting against it. I kind of like the idea, though. The legislature has proved time and again that they are both hopelessly corrupt and unwilling to do jackshit to fix that problem. A constitutional convention may be the only way to make large enough changes that could actually make a difference.
Are the voters likely to choose the same sort of person to be their convention representative as they choose to be their legislator, as the NYT says? Yes. Does a constitutional convention possibly open a Pandora's Box that could worsen public employee pensions, as my father and union say? Also yes. But fuck it, let's blow some shit up

Have you learned nothing from the last year?

Wed November 01, 2017 4:51 pm

At least New Yorkers can dance again

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/n ... google.com

Wed November 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Argo, what is a constitutional convention?

Peeps, sorry to hear about the shitty workings of your county. Maybe you should move to Argo's county.

Wed November 01, 2017 5:34 pm

i have given the option to moving in the future but only when my step father is no longer around as that is really the only thing that ties me to the area
Post a reply