The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335 ... 382  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Joe Biden (D) 65%  65%  [ 40 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
COVID-19 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 62
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 1127
verb_to_trust wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
If you hate those words now, just wait four weeks.


Staying informed has done nothing but piss me off.


I just stay informed by coming in to see what news McP drops on us. That's working out pretty well!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 1976
verb's kinda turned into Sarah Conner in T2 when she loses it on the doctor and starts screaming "You're already dead! All of this is gone!!"

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24929
Location: Illinois
That's funny guys. McP is actually the biggest doomer in this thread


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
No fate but what we make


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20152

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
At what point does Fox just turn on Trump completely? I’d think their advertisers’ dependence on people working and living is already impacting their editorial content.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24929
Location: Illinois
They don't need that type of content, at least not yet. All they need is Trump and the shit storm that surrounds him. 24/7 Trump. Magnificent.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19138
I bet once the GOP unleashes their war chest of oppo reaearch on Biden this pulls back even again

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20152
What you have to remember is that, in spite of being the most successful news network, Fox’s audience is basically small. They are only the most popular cable news channel because news audiences are more or less split by viewing behaviors into “fox“ and “non-fox.“ Non-fox audiences disperse among multiple alternatives, cable and otherwise. Fox averages around 9 million unique viewers a day, compared to 13 million for CNN and MSNBC combined, and another 14 million for prime time nightly news.

So Trump could absolutely crater nationally, and still be a near-universally adored leader for just their audience. If they “turned,“ and he responded by creating an alternative news channel...that might be a death blow for them. As long as his base is as religiously tied to him as they are, he sort of has the same stranglehold on Fox that he has on red state Republican legislators.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20152
96583UP wrote:
I bet once the GOP unleashes their war chest of oppo reaearch on Biden this pulls back even again

I’ll take this bet.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43598
Location: Mountains
haha yea but when remember when there was no fucking way donald trump wasn't gonna be president

wake me up when it ends.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
McParadigm wrote:
What you have to remember is that, in spite of being the most successful news network, Fox’s audience is basically small. They are only the most popular cable news channel because news audiences are more or less split by viewing behaviors into “fox“ and “non-fox.“ Non-fox audiences disperse among multiple alternatives, cable and otherwise. Fox averages around 9 million unique viewers a day, compared to 13 million for CNN and MSNBC combined, and another 14 million for prime time nightly news.

So Trump could absolutely crater nationally, and still be a near-universally adored leader for just their audience. If they “turned,“ and he responded by creating an alternative news channel...that might be a death blow for them. As long as his base is as religiously tied to him as they are, he sort of has the same stranglehold on Fox that he has on red state Republican legislators.

I was with you until that second paragraph. This supposed Trump network will never be a major competitor to Fox, because they have a 25 year lead on whatever he’s cooking up; his network would never in a million years attract the talent that Fox has; and Trump himself will die within 15 years or so.

And I’d imagine that Fox is well aware of Trump’s vision for a network, and have multiple plays in their book for how/when to break from him before he’s even close to launching.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43598
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
What you have to remember is that, in spite of being the most successful news network, Fox’s audience is basically small. They are only the most popular cable news channel because news audiences are more or less split by viewing behaviors into “fox“ and “non-fox.“ Non-fox audiences disperse among multiple alternatives, cable and otherwise. Fox averages around 9 million unique viewers a day, compared to 13 million for CNN and MSNBC combined, and another 14 million for prime time nightly news.

So Trump could absolutely crater nationally, and still be a near-universally adored leader for just their audience. If they “turned,“ and he responded by creating an alternative news channel...that might be a death blow for them. As long as his base is as religiously tied to him as they are, he sort of has the same stranglehold on Fox that he has on red state Republican legislators.

I was with you until that second paragraph. This supposed Trump network will never be a major competitor to Fox, because they have a 25 year lead on whatever he’s cooking up; his network would never in a million years attract the talent that Fox has; and Trump himself will die within 15 years or so.

And I’d imagine that Fox is well aware of Trump’s vision for a network, and have multiple plays in their book for how/when to break from him before he’s even close to launching.


Oh i can't fucking wait to see the knots these idiots twist themselves into to distance from him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Also, not for nothing, but Fox has a captive audience that has a vested interest in Trump, but has been groomed on a daily basis to believe the Fox newscasters. The minute they turn on Trump, at least half of the viewers will immediately follow suit, because Fox will deliver the turn in a way that makes them feel like they knew he was phony all along.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
What you have to remember is that, in spite of being the most successful news network, Fox’s audience is basically small. They are only the most popular cable news channel because news audiences are more or less split by viewing behaviors into “fox“ and “non-fox.“ Non-fox audiences disperse among multiple alternatives, cable and otherwise. Fox averages around 9 million unique viewers a day, compared to 13 million for CNN and MSNBC combined, and another 14 million for prime time nightly news.

So Trump could absolutely crater nationally, and still be a near-universally adored leader for just their audience. If they “turned,“ and he responded by creating an alternative news channel...that might be a death blow for them. As long as his base is as religiously tied to him as they are, he sort of has the same stranglehold on Fox that he has on red state Republican legislators.

I was with you until that second paragraph. This supposed Trump network will never be a major competitor to Fox, because they have a 25 year lead on whatever he’s cooking up; his network would never in a million years attract the talent that Fox has; and Trump himself will die within 15 years or so.

And I’d imagine that Fox is well aware of Trump’s vision for a network, and have multiple plays in their book for how/when to break from him before he’s even close to launching.


Oh i can't fucking wait to see the knots these idiots twist themselves into to distance from him.

It’ll be disgustingly easy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 4410
I'm guessing Trump is still winning Ohio? Seems like I never see Ohio in any of these tweets.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20152
4/5 wrote:
I'm guessing Trump is still winning Ohio? Seems like I never see Ohio in any of these tweets.

Biden +1 but nobody expects him to take it

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18198
Location: Cumberland, RI
4/5 wrote:
I'm guessing Trump is still winning Ohio? Seems like I never see Ohio in any of these tweets.

Not a ton of polling lately, and it's close, but Biden is ahead in the polling average: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... eral/ohio/

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19138
why would the DNC focus on Ohio when the national polls look so great?

nothing could possi-bly go wrong

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
The first signs we’ll probably see will be Trump administration officials challenging Trump on Fox. They’ll know that the writings on the wall, and that they are thinking about transitioning from a role in the White House to a role on Fox News.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335 ... 382  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue September 29, 2020 11:59 am