Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Vote Before You Can Vote!

Donald Trump (R)
44%
Joe Biden (D)
41%
Jacob Hornberger (L)
1%
Howie Hawkins (G)
1%
Other
1%
COVID-19
12%

Total votes : 133

Re: Election 2020

Sat June 29, 2019 7:33 pm

wat

Sun June 30, 2019 12:27 am

He has a big cock because Rosario Dawson only likes men with his cocks.

Sun June 30, 2019 12:45 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Peeps wrote:harris to me seems the clear cut choice

the problem is people are going to see her as overbearing and opinionated and get turned off by it because when those traits are in a woman its bad but in a male it's hes got his shit together
I think that if anyone can overcome that sexism, it's Harris. I worry that Warren and Gillibrand are going to struggle more in overcoming that.

I get the same feeling.

I wonder how Harris will respond to the inevitable “fucked her way to the top” sexist attack heading her way in the fall.

Sun June 30, 2019 12:55 pm

Hasn't that already been leveled at her?

Sun June 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Had a dream that Kamala Harris was an investigator on Law & Order. She did not solve the case.

Sun June 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Joe Biden is closer to sounding like the Democratic Party’s Donald Trump than Williamson ever could.

Sun June 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Who among us hasn’t made fun of a gay waiter in Seattle? It’s right up there with the fish market and the space needle.

Sun June 30, 2019 2:41 pm

bart wrote:Who among us hasn’t made fun of a gay waiter in Seattle? It’s right up there with the fish market and the space needle.

It’s long been a key part of the Rick Steves’ walking tour

Sun June 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Peeps wrote:harris to me seems the clear cut choice

the problem is people are going to see her as overbearing and opinionated and get turned off by it because when those traits are in a woman its bad but in a male it's hes got his shit together
I think that if anyone can overcome that sexism, it's Harris. I worry that Warren and Gillibrand are going to struggle more in overcoming that.

I get the same feeling.

I wonder how Harris will respond to the inevitable “fucked her way to the top” sexist attack heading her way in the fall.

I look forward to CNN’s earnest panel discussion that says this is just an incredibly ugly attack, but also Harris has failed to adequately “put this to rest.”

Mon July 01, 2019 5:49 am

The thing with Harris that turns me off is her role as a prosecutor.

Mon July 01, 2019 3:25 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:The thing with Harris that turns me off is her role as a prosecutor.

The world has to have prosecutors. I've seen some articles criticizing her work, and that's valid, but I'm not going to dismiss her solely because she held the position.

Mon July 01, 2019 4:04 pm

B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:The thing with Harris that turns me off is her role as a prosecutor.
The world has to have prosecutors. I've seen some articles criticizing her work, and that's valid, but I'm not going to dismiss her solely because she held the position.
I generally agree. However, for those like verb and JuanHamm, here's a longread that goes in their favor.

Mon July 01, 2019 4:51 pm

what do you mean by role? like her previous job? or what you perceive to be her method of systematically picking apart other candidates' ludicrous statements/positions?

Mon July 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:

what do you mean by role? like her previous job? or what you perceive to be her method of systematically picking apart other candidates' ludicrous statements/positions?

You're a lawyer. You know what I'm getting at. She wasn't at all progressive as a prosecutor and only jumped on the bandwagon of criminal justice reform as a way to frame herself better as a presidential candidate.

Mon July 01, 2019 8:39 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

You're a lawyer. You know what I'm getting at. She wasn't at all progressive as a prosecutor and only jumped on the bandwagon of criminal justice reform as a way to frame herself better as a presidential candidate.

that's not a us attorney's job though

Mon July 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

that's not a us attorney's job though

Ok. I give up.

Mon July 01, 2019 9:08 pm

The boring answer is that no matter who the Dem nominee is, that person will likely be coerced to appoint whoever Eric Holder's deputy AG was.

Mon July 01, 2019 10:07 pm

B wrote:

Insofar as I support electoral politics in general, I agree with this, but maybe in an inverse way. It's specifically what Kamala did in that position that makes me wary, more than the position itself.

Fri July 05, 2019 6:04 pm

What is starting to knock her down my list lately is walking back the things she said at the debate:

1) raises her hand for Medicare for All, including replacing private health insurance, when the winds a blowing, then says she didn’t mean it the next day.

2) cross-examines Biden on busing, then backs off and says busing should be optional in the last few days - I mean why take down Biden on that issue when that seems to be his exact stance?

At this point, while I may not be as far left in some aspects of my political views, Warren is at the top of my list today with Buttigieg second. We’ll see what the next few weeks and next debate bring. Thankfully, I have about a year until I need to make up my mind.

Fri July 05, 2019 8:40 pm

liebzz wrote:What is starting to knock her down my list lately is walking back the things she said at the debate:

1) raises her hand for Medicare for All, including replacing private health insurance, when the winds a blowing, then says she didn’t mean it the next day.

2) cross-examines Biden on busing, then backs off and says busing should be optional in the last few days - I mean why take down Biden on that issue when that seems to be his exact stance?

At this point, while I may not be as far left in some aspects of my political views, Warren is at the top of my list today with Buttigieg second. We’ll see what the next few weeks and next debate bring. Thankfully, I have about a year until I need to make up my mind.

The progressive litmus test is ridiculous and screwing over viable candidates to rid us of trump.
Post a reply