The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 8:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
I can’t decide whether the idea that Trump supporters would turn for **any** candidate, or that they are a demographic needed to win the election, is more absurd.

They've already won once, a lot of them will vote again, and if enough of the other team doesn't show up he could win again.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 8:53 pm 
Production Police

darth_vedder wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
I can’t decide whether the idea that Trump supporters would turn for **any** candidate, or that they are a demographic needed to win the election, is more absurd.

They've already won once, a lot of them will vote again, and if enough of the other team doesn't show up he could win again.

I'd be genuinely shocked if we saw the same level of low turnout for Dems this time around. There are enough angry people, and the DNC is raking in enough dough, that they will build a huge turnout campaign.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 8:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I'd be genuinely shocked if we saw the same level of low turnout for Dems this time around. There are enough angry people, and the DNC is raking in enough dough, that they will build a huge turnout campaign.

I hope you are right. Some other threads I've read, where there is a conservative majority, are showing signs of being the low turnout voters this time around. They are disgusted by Trump, but can't bring themselves to vote for "libtards". Hopefully that rings true and they just stay at home.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 9:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

darth_vedder wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

86% of voters in 2018, a midterm that saw presidential election-sized numbers, said that Donald Trump was a major factor in their vote. Result: it was brutally one-sided. Since that time, his support has dwindled even further, the number of Americans who believe he has committed crimes during his presidency has skyrocketed, and he’s attacked the wrong democratic candidate.

Nearly all of the difference in the election results between 2016 and 2018 can be chalked up to changes in nonaffiliated voters, a group that as a general rule dislikes everybody and hates no one. That’s exactly the attitude that Trump was able to slide by on in 2016: the feeling among middle of the road voters that everybody on both sides is equally bad. In 2018 he had some of the worst polling among that group of any sitting president in your lifetime. Not only is it even worse now (34% among a group that he needs roughly 60% of the vote from in 2020), but more than half of that group (55%) believes he should be impeached and removed from office.

Unless you see how he gets 60% of the vote from a group whose majority doesn’t even want him to be allowed to finish THIS term, he’s pretty fucked. Assuming he’s the nominee.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 9:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

86% of voters in 2018, a midterm that saw presidential election-sized numbers, said that Donald Trump was a major factor in their vote. Result: it was brutally one-sided. Since that time, his support has dwindled even further, the number of Americans who believe he has committed crimes during his presidency has skyrocketed, and he’s attacked the wrong democratic candidate.

Nearly all of the difference in the election results between 2016 and 2018 can be chalked up to changes in nonaffiliated voters, a group that as a general rule dislikes everybody and hates no one. That’s exactly the attitude that Trump was able to slide by on in 2016: the feeling among middle of the road voters that everybody on both sides is equally bad. In 2018 he had some of the worst polling among that group of any sitting president in your lifetime. Not only is it even worse now (34% among a group that he needs roughly 60% of the vote from in 2020), but more than half of that group (55%) believes he should be impeached and removed from office.

Unless you see how he gets 60% of the vote from a group whose majority doesn’t even want him to be allowed to finish THIS term, he’s pretty fucked. Assuming he’s the nominee.

OMG, that would be amazing. I'm basically just really worried that we'll get 4 more years of this clown, so I guess I'm not letting myself get my hopes up.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 11:25 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Like 90% of me has thought for a while that Trump is fucked. He thread the needle once, and the "mystery" of how he'd govern was an asset he can't duplicate (obviously) a second time. He has no margin for error, but has erred a lot. But man, no serious person thought he could win 2016. The numbers didn't add up and yet he kept winning primaries, then won it all. Now I feel we're in a weird place where we relied too much on conventional logic then, and are now over-correcting. But I'm not sure anyone knows where that happy medium is.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2019 11:59 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Huh.

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 12:55 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Mine said:

Kamala Harris 98%
Elizabeth Warren 98%
Julián Castro 98%
Bernie Sanders 97%
Marianne Williamson 95%
Amy Klobuchar 93%

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 1:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mine said these things are compiled by interns and dumb

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 1:44 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

:lol:

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 2:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Hillary is looking fairly appealing right now

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 3:24 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

liebzz wrote:
Mine said:

Kamala Harris 98%
Elizabeth Warren 98%
Julián Castro 98%
Bernie Sanders 97%
Marianne Williamson 95%
Amy Klobuchar 93%

Harris 96%
Warren, Castro, Sanders 95%

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 3:31 am 
Broken Tamborine

Birds in Hell wrote:
Huh.

I'm mostly curious about the descriptors. What exactly is Andrew Yang's humor policy? And is Cory Book not only 'tender', but also 'finger licking good'?

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 10:49 am 
Poster of the Year

and john delaney is apparently a fucking criminal

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 1:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I just took the isidewith.com poll for the first time since 2016, and my top five are:
- Amy Klobuchar
- Marianne Williamson
- Kamala Harris
- Pete Buttigieg
- Bernie Sanders

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 1:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
and john delaney is apparently a fucking criminal

Anyone that sexy is

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 7:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

"Tulsi is being groomed as a Russian agent" - Hillary

:nice:

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 7:20 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

go home Hillary, you're drunk.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 7:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It was actually only in the last few months that I was surprised to discover this wasn’t the most common assumption. What is the alternative interpretation of her passionate Assad defense? That liberal ideals brought her to a place of admiration for imprisoning human rights advocates, and an authoritarian regime that institutionalizes discrimination against women and minorities?

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2019 8:12 pm 

go home McP, you're drunk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate