The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 8:55 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I mean wtf

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 9:40 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

The problem with the election cycle being so long, and the constant shifting narratives from the unending internet news machine and I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s dizzying.

PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 9:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Have you tried simply identifying Bernie Sanders as the only candidate able to articulate anything close to a moral vision for the future?

PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 10:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Being a Democrat means an endless cycle of wanting to vote for candidates who advocate for policies that enjoy broad popular support, listening to the media fret over whether Democrats have gone too far left, internalizing that, and then supporting Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden instead. It all pays off, though, when you get to watch yet another Republican President take a big shit on every dream you ever had. We should be renamed the “we are fucking cowards” national support group.

PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 10:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If only there were an alternate framework for intimately understanding the workings of power and capital. Ah well, nevertheless.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 4:14 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Setting aside the political question of whether Pete should or shouldn't be poking at popular portions of the Democratic platform, are you guys suggesting that placing an income cap on who qualifies for fully-taxpayer-subsidized college education at $100k is a right wing position? From a policy standpoint, what is wrong with suggesting that a major entitlement program should be based on income?

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 4:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

4/5 wrote:
are you guys suggesting that placing an income cap on who qualifies for fully-taxpayer-subsidized college education at $100k is a right wing position?

No (I actually think that a robust national subsidizing of development-centered, nurturing early child care [ie universal child care] would be a better investment). I think it is primarily an unforced messaging error for the reasons stated above, by someone whose lack of experience means that he will be measured far more on his messaging than others might, and who didn't need to attack it in the first place. I also recognize his inherent reliance on logic sourced to conservative oppositional think pieces in the way that he attacks it.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 6:35 pm 
See you in another life, brother

McParadigm wrote:
4/5 wrote:
are you guys suggesting that placing an income cap on who qualifies for fully-taxpayer-subsidized college education at $100k is a right wing position?

No (I actually think that a robust national subsidizing of development-centered, nurturing early child care [ie universal child care] would be a better investment). I think it is primarily an unforced messaging error for the reasons stated above, by someone whose lack of experience means that he will be measured far more on his messaging than others might, and who didn't need to attack it in the first place. I also recognize his inherent reliance on logic sourced to conservative oppositional think pieces in the way that he attacks it.

I see.

Putting aside the manner in which he rolled out his criticism, do you think it's an error for him to take that position? He isn't going to have any success with the party leftists anyway, so why not try to stake out the moderate ground by offering tempered policy alternatives that offer most of the benefits to what Berniwarren are proposing, without some of the elements that could potentially turn away some voters?

(Let me try to be clear--I am NOT arguing that Democrats need to take centrist positions to win this election, but I think it might be a perfectly reasonable strategy for this particular candidate to do just that. I didn't see the ad or however he rolled out that attack, but positions like this or a public option or Medicare for All if you want it seem like reasonable tweaks to what Warren and Bernie are offering that could contribute to a robust policy debate--not rightest attacks that threaten to torpedo all future Democratic progressivism.)

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 8:38 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

BurtReynolds wrote:
I mean wtf

Yeah it does seem weird if you only watch 1 minute of a 15 minute speech.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 8:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Honestly this feels like some weird sex setup. are we part of their kink?

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 8:50 pm 

It’s strange because I thought Trump was the pedophile. But now it seems his campaign team is accusing people of the things he’s more than likely guilty of.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 8:52 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I mean wtf

the other 14 minutes make it seem less weird?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 8:58 pm 

BurtReynolds wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I mean wtf

I’m not going say it’s not weird that black kids thought his blonde leg hairs were entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 9:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
4/5 wrote:

It absolutely would be. The social benefits to that are nearly immeasurable.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 10:07 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
4/5 wrote:

It absolutely would be. The social benefits to that are nearly immeasurable.

I would absolutely vote for someone who supports a system of universal child care.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 10:13 pm 

pay for your own damn kids you welfare queens

PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 12:50 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Whatever arbitrary number they choose I'm sure I'll make $1 more.

PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 4:07 am 
Future Drummer

bada wrote:
Whatever arbitrary number they choose I'm sure I'll make $1 more.

More of this please.

PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 4:58 am 
Mind Your Tanners

pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I mean wtf

I’m not going say it’s not weird that black kids thought his blonde leg hairs were entertaining.

The least weird part of this clip is the scene Biden is ostensibly describing.

PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 3:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I must be an idiot because I never come up with clever ways to steal people's money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate