The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:27 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

doug rr wrote:

This truly is the election from hell.

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 10:59 pm 
AnalLog

4/5 wrote:
wease wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Idk. The 12th Amendment says it’d be Mike Pence.

“and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.”
The 20th Amendment changed the date to January 20th.

But there is no vice-president because his term ends when the president's term ends.

Well the Senate chooses the Vice President in this case. Sorry I was posting from the gym, should have included the next sentence from the 12th Amendment.
12th Amendment wrote:
The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

The vice president would then be acting president. Again, more ambiguity as to whether (s)he should be treated as being vested with the complete and ordinary powers of the president or should be a mere caretaker of the office.

Veep covered this hilariously in season 4 or 5? :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 1:52 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

More ads like this, please.

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 2:18 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 2:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

damn right

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 12:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I just paid attention enough to see Biden's slogan. Jesus that's awful

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 4:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 4:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Every time I convince myself that Biden has this thing locked up, I see a clip like that posted somewhere. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 7:52 pm 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 7:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I know we all have to vote for Biden this election because he's not Trump, but next time could we please have someone who doesn't look weeks away from death?

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 8:23 pm 
Future Drummer

The video in here is interesting. (I didn't encounter a paywall). This guy has has his own formula for predicting elections, predicted Trump (and impeachment).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/opinion/2020-election-prediction-allan-lichtman.html

PostPosted: Wed August 05, 2020 8:28 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
I know we all have to vote for Biden this election because he's not Trump, but next time could we please have someone who doesn't look weeks away from death?

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 1:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

JuanHamm wrote:
next time

Liz Cheney's diabolical GOP effectiveness will make you all wish we still had Trump's bumbling GOP incompetence, after the Dems blow it again bc they are too busy fighting amongst themselves over transvestite bathroom rights

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 4:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

So this New York AG's lawsuit against the NRA can't be good for democrats this election, right?

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 4:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Depends on how many of the 5 million people who stuck around as the NRA increased its dues by a third over the past few years were about to vote Biden.

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 4:53 pm 
Production Police

Chris_H_2 wrote:
So this New York AG's lawsuit against the NRA can't be good for democrats this election, right?

The 2A vote is always gonna drive a certain population to the ballots. But I wonder if there's an inverse fundraising issue this will create -- in the form of donations leaving the Congressional races in favor of the NRA's legal fees -- that would make the whole thing a net wash, electorally speaking.

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 4:54 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
Depends on how many of the 5 million people who stuck around as the NRA increased its dues by a third over the past few years were about to vote Biden.

Yeah, and regardless of the extent to which this is snark, there are some that probably have been thinking of voting Biden, as other more immediate concerns have taken over their lives. But I'd be shocked if it was even 25% of that 5M figure (which I'm just taking at face value).

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 5:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Yeah, and regardless of the extent to which this is snark, there are some that probably have been thinking of voting Biden, as other more immediate concerns have taken over their lives. But I'd be shocked if it was even 25% of that 5M figure (which I'm just taking at face value).

You have to take the number at face value, because they adamantly refuse to demonstrate its accuracy.

I tend to think the remaining NRA members are the absolute stalwarts. I had no fewer than 4 dues-paying members in my family as late as Obama’s first term. I don’t believe that I have any now. It just seems (from apocryphal experience mixed with the last four years of headlines) like the organization’s reputation as the ACLU of gun rights deteriorated...especially among its core constituency...at the same time that they repeatedly hiked fees. The fact that this lawsuit is over misuse of funds isn’t going to help.

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 5:17 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

You have to take the number at face value, because they adamantly refuse to demonstrate its accuracy.

I tend to think the remaining NRA members are the absolute stalwarts. I had no fewer than 4 dues-paying members in my family as late as Obama’s first term. I don’t believe that I have any now. It just seems (from apocryphal experience mixed with the last four years of headlines) like the organization’s reputation as the ACLU of gun rights deteriorated...especially among its core constituency...at the same time that they repeatedly hiked fees. The fact that this lawsuit is over misuse of funds isn’t going to help.

I also wonder to what extent the Clive Bundies of the world are now seen as the true flag-wavers of their ideals. Has the fight for 2A become as decentralized by the internet as basically everything else?

PostPosted: Thu August 06, 2020 5:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate