The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 2:57 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
Seems pretty likely that this is the rhetoric that will be coming out of the White House on Tuesday night.
Quote:
Despite polls showing a close race, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick claims if Democrats win on Election Day, it will be "because they stole it"

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick repeated unsubstantiated claims in a Thursday interview that the only way Republicans can lose on Election Day is if Democrats cheat.

“The Democrats have just decided this election, Mark, we don't have to pay attention to any laws. We're gonna use COVID as an excuse to steal the election, and that's what they're trying to do everywhere,” Patrick, a Republican, said during a radio interview on “The Mark Davis Show.” “If the president loses Pennsylvania or North Carolina, Mark, or Florida, they'll lose it because they stole it.”

A spokesman for his office clarified after the interview that Patrick was referring to “reports of ballot irregularities” and “other potential fraud” being seen in Pennsylvania and other battleground states. There have been no credible reports of widespread fraud or irregularities in Pennsylvania. President Donald Trump’s campaign seized on an announcement by federal authorities that they were investigating why nine military ballots were found in a trash can there, but no arrests have been made and no evidence has been made public that any fraud was involved.

they are going to set a new standard for sore losing

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 3:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Seems pretty likely that this is the rhetoric that will be coming out of the White House on Tuesday night.
Quote:
Despite polls showing a close race, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick claims if Democrats win on Election Day, it will be "because they stole it"

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick repeated unsubstantiated claims in a Thursday interview that the only way Republicans can lose on Election Day is if Democrats cheat.

“The Democrats have just decided this election, Mark, we don't have to pay attention to any laws. We're gonna use COVID as an excuse to steal the election, and that's what they're trying to do everywhere,” Patrick, a Republican, said during a radio interview on “The Mark Davis Show.” “If the president loses Pennsylvania or North Carolina, Mark, or Florida, they'll lose it because they stole it.”

A spokesman for his office clarified after the interview that Patrick was referring to “reports of ballot irregularities” and “other potential fraud” being seen in Pennsylvania and other battleground states. There have been no credible reports of widespread fraud or irregularities in Pennsylvania. President Donald Trump’s campaign seized on an announcement by federal authorities that they were investigating why nine military ballots were found in a trash can there, but no arrests have been made and no evidence has been made public that any fraud was involved.

they are going to set a new standard for sore losing

they irony of hearing them say things like "selected not elected" will be sweet!

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 3:53 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

That will be an immense new standard in sore losing to set after the three year reaction to Hillary losing last time.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 3:58 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
That will be an immense new standard in sore losing to set after the three year reaction to Hillary losing last time.

Exceeding expectations is kind of a thing for Trump & Co. No doubt they can meet this challenge.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 3:58 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

my feminist mother still isn’t close to over it. probably never will be.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 4:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Hilldog's refusal to accept blame is reaching heroic levels but I'm confident Trump will surpass it.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 6:07 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Seems accurate.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Hawaii at 104.5% of 2016 vote. :peace:

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Downtown boarding up already in anticipation of mobs of white supremacists reacting to the election:

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/10/2 ... ction-day/

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:

Unfortunately a number which does not matter.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:44 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Unfortunately a number which does not matter.

Pretty sure I heard the Marshall of the Supreme Court is going to arrest any electors that refuse to vote based on the national popular vote.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm sure you have heard that. In any case, Hawaii hasn't gone R-team/r-word since 1984, so I don't think those four electoral votes are at risk.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:50 pm 

Bi_3 wrote:
Downtown boarding up already in anticipation of mobs of white supremacists reacting to the election:

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/10/2 ... ction-day/

It's those Proud Boys, I tells ya.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 10:58 pm 

I'm still in the "I have no idea what's going to happen" camp with this election. Why is Biden campaigning in Michigan? Why are some of these numbers not adding up?

Just gonna wait until Wednesday with popcorn ready.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
Polluted

you're gonna need a lot of popcorn, Burt

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
I'm sure you have heard that. In any case, Hawaii hasn't gone R-team/r-word since 1984, so I don't think those four electoral votes are at risk.

I did a bad job parodying Louise Mensch. You deserve better.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

In 2018 we had presidential election-level turnout, and the results were an eight point Democratic advantage. In 2020 we are running a presidential election, and the Democratic nominee is polling consistently at around an eight point advantage. In a lot of ways this is decided, in terms of the popular vote.

The only possible shocking discovery left is the impact of those hordes of newly registered voters.

Last edited by McParadigm on Fri October 30, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

simple schoolboy wrote:
You deserve better.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I think Biden is going to win the popular vote in a landslide but between the vote tally delays, Trump's flair for drama, and the electoral college I don't think that security precludes the next week being an absolute shitshow where "what's going to happen" is pretty up in the air.

PostPosted: Fri October 30, 2020 11:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mickey wrote:
I think Biden is going to win the popular vote in a landslide but between the vote tally delays, Trump's flair for drama, and the electoral college I don't think that security precludes the next week being an absolute shitshow where "what's going to happen" is pretty up in the air.

Oh it’s definitely going to be tense at best, and I’m not sure how deep the well goes on the worst case scenarios.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate