The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12439
yeah just say 'icon appropriated by white supremacists.' don't open your point to distraction by smarmy people.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Millions upon millions of pepe memes, used by everyone including celebrities for nearly a decade, and the democrats get a few sent from racist trolls and suddenly its "appropriated." I'm amazed at how out of touch the establishment is.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue January 10, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Image

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12439
I'm amused anytime anyone seems to think there is a singular "establishment" out there.

Pepe was distinctly, purposefully selected by a group as an image they could utilize to represent them, their views, and their bond. That is the definition of appropriated. And in the time since, use of that image for purposes other than referring to that group have plummeted. So they were successful.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
I wouldn't call it singular, but I would call it an establishment.

The story that it was purposefully used by racists has been debunked. The drop off was caused by leftist media and the leftist establishment calling it racist, not because of much of an uptick in racists using it. Of course Katy Perry isn't going to use it once Hillary calls it deplorable. Wendy's isn't going to use it once the Twitter mob is given their marching orders to attack it. It has little to nothing to do with actual racists than the establishment denouncing it, because people still swallow that shit up.

All of this of course only serves to feed the trolls, including racist ones. And lose presidential elections, apparently.

Next they'll say Harambe memes are racist NO WAIT DONT GOOGLE THAT

and finally,
PEPE IS A FROG OF PEACE

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
dimejinky99 wrote:
Worth watching.



I can certainly see the argument that Russia is defending itself, though they have as much of a history of expanding their sphere of influence as any of the Western powers, so they'd probably do it anyway. They just happen to have been losing for most of the last 30 years. Now they are winning.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Let's just add Russia to NATO.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43897
So Russia has video evidence of prostitutes peeing on Trump? Lol

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1525
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
So Russia has video evidence of prostitutes peeing on Trump? Lol



I mean why not.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12116
Location: Cumberland, RI
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26580
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
BurtReynolds wrote:
The story that it was purposefully used by racists has been debunked. The drop off was caused by leftist media and the leftist establishment calling it racist, not because of much of an uptick in racists using it. Of course Katy Perry isn't going to use it once Hillary calls it deplorable. Wendy's isn't going to use it once the Twitter mob is given their marching orders to attack it. It has little to nothing to do with actual racists than the establishment denouncing it, because people still swallow that shit up.

I need sources please

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1525
Simple Torture wrote:
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.


They do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12116
Location: Cumberland, RI
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.


They do.


check out pee tape

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1525
Simple Torture wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.


They do.


check out pee tape


Is that a California King size mattress? That's deplorable.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12116
Location: Cumberland, RI
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.


They do.


check out pee tape


Is that a California King size mattress? That's deplorable.


Go bigly with mattresses or go home.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8442
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Simple Torture wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Russia probably has videos of hookers peeing on me, I don't see the big deal.


They do.


check out pee tape


Is that a California King size mattress? That's deplorable.


Go bigly with mattresses or go home.

Yuge mattresses. That's the key.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Thu January 12, 2017 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
The story that it was purposefully used by racists has been debunked. The drop off was caused by leftist media and the leftist establishment calling it racist, not because of much of an uptick in racists using it. Of course Katy Perry isn't going to use it once Hillary calls it deplorable. Wendy's isn't going to use it once the Twitter mob is given their marching orders to attack it. It has little to nothing to do with actual racists than the establishment denouncing it, because people still swallow that shit up.

I need sources please

https://medium.com/@munilass/pepe-the-f ... .nlofrhah1



Oddly, enough, Taylor Swift has yet to be declared appropriated by white supremacists.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Thu January 12, 2017 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 3681
HOLY SHIT WikiLeaks just posted video of the Moscow Pissing Party:

Spoiler: show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Thu January 12, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28526
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
it's worse than i could have imagined.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Thu January 12, 2017 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17151
Location: Hunter
no one deserves or could enjoy that.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 17, 2017 7:57 am