The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transgender Rights
PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 11:12 am 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
What's kinda interesting is that off label use of Ivermectin was heavily restricted at the pharmacy level during COVID (with rather limited adverse effects) but shit yeah off label drugs that will virtually guarantee osteoporosis, go get em.

Off label use of a medication to do what it's designed to do is different that off label use for a made up reason.

Gender Dysphoria is real, B.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 11:13 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
What's kinda interesting is that off label use of Ivermectin was heavily restricted at the pharmacy level during COVID (with rather limited adverse effects) but shit yeah off label drugs that will virtually guarantee osteoporosis, go get em.

Off label use of a medication to do what it's designed to do is different that off label use for a made up reason.

:o

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 11:52 am 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

It's not about whether or not children are suffering from gender identity issues, it's about what we do (collectively as a society decide is best) when it happens.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 1:53 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

It's not about whether or not children are suffering from gender identity issues, it's about what we do (collectively as a society decide is best) when it happens.

I don't disagree. But that still doesn't make a fungicide kill viruses.

PostPosted: Fri June 09, 2023 4:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Speaking of this... UK/NHS restricts blockers outside of clinical trials while detailed clinical assessments are going on:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/commissionin ... ss-review/

Quote:
We have previously made clear, including the draft interim service specification we consulted on, the intention that the NHS will only commission puberty supressing hormones as part of clinical research. This approach follows advice from Dr Hilary Cass’ Independent Review highlighting the significant uncertainties surrounding the use of hormone treatments.

We are now going out to targeted stakeholder testing on an interim clinical commissioning policy proposing that, outside of a research setting, puberty suppressing hormones should not be routinely commissioned for children and adolescents who have gender incongruence/dysphoria.

Driving to real clinical studies to determine the safety and effectiveness of these drugs for this use case should have been done long ago to ensure we are giving kids the right care at the right time in their development.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2023 2:15 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Was at the Pirate game tonight and dropped a deuce in the one restroom. Come out and wash my hands and there is a trans woman washing her hands next to me.

I was so outraged I washed my hands and dried them with the paper because who cares.

See how easy that was?

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2023 4:49 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:
Was at the Pirate game tonight and dropped a deuce in the one restroom. Come out and wash my hands and there is a trans woman washing her hands next to me.

I was so outraged I washed my hands and dried them with the paper because who cares.

See how easy that was?

A trans woman in a ... men's restroom?

That's beside the point, we won't reach true equality until everyone of all sexes are urinating in giant communal stainless troughs with no partitions as the baseball gods demand.

Number two communal troughs require technical improvements that while unseemly are necessary for equity.

PostPosted: Sat June 10, 2023 6:09 am 
mXn

Peeps wrote:

See how easy that was?

Credit where credit is due: It takes some serious balls to pull that off in a city like Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2023 12:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
Peeps wrote:

See how easy that was?

Credit where credit is due: It takes some serious balls to pull that off in a city like Pittsburgh.

have you been to pittsburgh more than 3 or 4 days? its pretty liberal. its not until you get north that you run into redneckville

PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2023 4:20 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

After California made itself a transkid sanctuary state, they are working on a bill that makes failure to affirm a minors gender identity cause to remove a child from their custodial parents. This will go over well with non AWFL demographics, I am sure.

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 1:04 pm 
She / Her

Peeps wrote:

See how easy that was?

three or four men of this forum are very upset at you about this, for no reason

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 1:09 pm 
She / Her

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

"we as a society" (by which I mean you) don't need to decide shit; trans individuals and their doctors do; I'm not sure when you decided other people's health care was a comcern of yours but it was probably not until this thread showed up on RM

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 1:56 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I hope Peeps at least lined the seat with toilet paper.

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 2:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bada wrote:

To keep the seat clean?

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 2:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bada wrote:

im not a savage i use the thin sheets of paper provided

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 6:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Ms Harmless wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

"we as a society" (by which I mean you) don't need to decide shit; trans individuals and their doctors do; I'm not sure when you decided other people's health care was a comcern of yours but it was probably not until this thread showed up on RM

But what if we don't believe trans kids when they say they're trans kids?

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 7:06 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Make every kid wear white pants and white shirts, wear medium length hair. No hobbies. No names. until they are 18.

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 7:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

:roll:

viewtopic.php?p=1965430#p1965430

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 7:28 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Maybe we could put trans kids in zoos to make sure they get the care that the straight community thinks is best for them.

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 7:44 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Maybe we could put trans kids in zoos to make sure they get the care that the straight community thinks is best for them.

Increasing Number Of European Nations Adopt A More Cautious Approach To Gender-Affirming Care Among Minors:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohe ... ng-minors/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 126  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate