The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone care about the economy?
PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 3:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm gonna buy a Corvette.

the only real choice here is a 63 rear split window...the rest of them are gross

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 4:12 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

C1s and 2s are too expensive. I'd take a 69, 70, 85-89 (for no other reason than that sweet 80s LCD dashboard), or a C7.

C3s are shit cars, but I love that look so so much.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 4:15 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Actually I think I'm gonna get a 70 caddie. Convertible of course. Probably more my style.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 4:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

get the 3 wheel motion

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 6:44 pm 
Major Dude

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 9:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i support this

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 9:07 pm 

It will have horns

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 9:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

please wear that suit

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2023 9:50 pm 
Major Dude

BurtReynolds wrote:
It will have horns

I expect nothing less

PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2023 1:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

NYT:
Quote:
The economic recovery gained momentum in the spring as American consumers continued spending despite rising interest rates and warnings of a looming recession.

Gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, rose at a 2.4 percent annual rate in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That was up from a 2 percent growth rate in the first three months of the year and far stronger than forecasters expected a few months ago.

Consumers led the way, as they have throughout the recovery from the severe but short-lived pandemic recession. Spending rose at a 1.6 percent rate, slower than in the first quarter but still solid. Much of that growth came from spending on services, as consumers shelled out for vacation travel, restaurant meals and Taylor Swift tickets.

“The consumer sector is really keeping things afloat,” said Yelena Shulyatyeva, an economist at BNP Paribas.

Consumers didn’t carry all the weight, however. Business investment rebounded in the second quarter, and increased spending by state and local governments contributed to growth.

The resilience of the economy has surprised economists, many of whom thought that high inflation — and the Federal Reserve’s efforts to stamp it out through aggressive interest-rate increases — would lead to a recession, or at least a clear slowdown in the first half of the year. For a while, it looked as if they were going to be right: Tech companies were laying off tens of thousands of workers, the housing market was in a deep slump and a series of bank failures set up fears of a financial crisis.

Instead, layoffs were mostly contained to a handful of industries, the banking crisis did not spread and even the housing market has begun to stabilize.

“The things we were all freaked out about earlier this year all went away,” said Michael Gapen, chief U.S. economist at Bank of America.

Inflation has also slowed significantly. That has eased pressure on the Fed to keep raising rates, leading some forecasters to question whether a recession is such a sure thing after all. Jerome H. Powell, the Fed chair, said on Wednesday that the central bank’s staff economists no longer expected a recession to begin this year.

PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2023 2:50 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

our developer clients have been sitting on a lot of cash uncertain whether to spend it or hold off. i think you're going to see a tick up in commercial and industrial real estate in Q4 as they try to get that cash off their balance sheets, which will further contradict projections in those particular markets.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2024 11:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The difference between median and average:

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 2:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

CNBC:
Quote:
The economy grew at a much more rapid pace than expected in the final three months of 2023, as the U.S. easily skirted a recession that many forecasters had thought was inevitable, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Gross domestic product, a measure of all the goods and services produced, increased at a 3.3% annualized rate in the fourth quarter of 2023, according to data adjusted seasonally and for inflation.

That compared to the Wall Street consensus estimate for a gain of 2% in the final three months of the year. The third quarter grew at a 4.9% pace.

The U.S. economy for all of 2023 accelerated at a 2.5% annualized pace, well ahead of the Wall Street outlook at the beginning of the year for few if any gains.

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 6:55 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
CNBC:
Quote:
The economy grew at a much more rapid pace than expected in the final three months of 2023, as the U.S. easily skirted a recession that many forecasters had thought was inevitable, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Gross domestic product, a measure of all the goods and services produced, increased at a 3.3% annualized rate in the fourth quarter of 2023, according to data adjusted seasonally and for inflation.

That compared to the Wall Street consensus estimate for a gain of 2% in the final three months of the year. The third quarter grew at a 4.9% pace.

The U.S. economy for all of 2023 accelerated at a 2.5% annualized pace, well ahead of the Wall Street outlook at the beginning of the year for few if any gains.

Will we get an increase in chocolate rations?

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 5:46 am 
mXn

Not one year ago the Biggie Bag meal at Wendy’s was $5.

Today’s price is $7.

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 1:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
Not one year ago the Biggie Bag meal at Wendy’s was $5.

Today’s price is $7.

this is false. they have several biggie bags for 5 and some for 7. the $7 ones are the speciality bags

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 9:44 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I’m still getting used to the personalities on this site, but it seems like Bammer is just saying stuff to mess with people? Is that right? I feel like I might be missing something.

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 9:45 pm 
Future Drummer

Vitalogist wrote:
I’m still getting used to the personalities on this site, but it seems like Bammer is just saying stuff to mess with people? Is that right? I feel like I might be missing something.

I think you're thinking of tree

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 9:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ever since bammer had twins he's been typing stuff...

PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2024 11:07 pm 
The Master

Vitalogist wrote:

for years now he’s been desperately trying to emulate an edgelord poster who used to hang around here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate