The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Future of the GOP
PostPosted: Fri September 17, 2021 3:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sorry for the triggers, fellas. But as this is the Future of the Republican Party thread, documenting the ongoing ejection of voices who express insufficient loyalty to a figure you insist is of no remaining relevance is noteworthy.

PostPosted: Fri September 17, 2021 3:37 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Green Habit wrote:
If Dick Cheney really is troubled then he should get out there and say so instead of having his daughter say it for him.

Same goes for George W. Bush or any other Republicans similarly troubled.

Hey, you got your wish! Per Bush, Trump supporters are basically Al Qaeda. Are we going to invade Canada, declare victory, and surrender to MAGA in 20 years?

PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 5:46 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 26, 2021 7:04 pm 
The Master

At the request of minority leadership, the MT GOP statehouse leadership (the moderates) just greenlit a legislative counsel investigation into the State AG (MAGA guy) for potential abuse of power over his decision to basically send a highway patrolman to intimidate a hospital into administering ivermectin to a patient who requested it.

The battle for the soul of the GOP continues on here in MT.

PostPosted: Tue October 26, 2021 7:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
If Dick Cheney really is troubled then he should get out there and say so instead of having his daughter say it for him.

Same goes for George W. Bush or any other Republicans similarly troubled.

Hey, you got your wish! Per Bush, Trump supporters are basically Al Qaeda. Are we going to invade Canada, declare victory, and surrender to MAGA in 20 years?

wont invade canada just the US capitol

PostPosted: Wed October 27, 2021 1:04 am 
Site Admin

tragabigzanda wrote:
At the request of minority leadership, the MT GOP statehouse leadership (the moderates) just greenlit a legislative counsel investigation into the State AG (MAGA guy) for potential abuse of power over his decision to basically send a highway patrolman to intimidate a hospital into administering ivermectin to a patient who requested it.

The battle for the soul of the GOP continues on here in MT.
We're going to see a similar power struggle on the other side of the Bitterroots with batshit Lt. Gov Janice McGeachin challenging Gov. Brad Little for his job. Given the way that the political trends of the West have been going, I doubt the batshit side will be successful in the long term, but we'll see if they can cause damage in the short term. In the case over here, I think you'll see a repeat of the last election where lots of non-Republicans registered as such in order to keep Raul Labrador out, but I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong on something again.

PostPosted: Mon November 08, 2021 11:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 11:28 am 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:

Disgusting. Public apology or resign.

PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 12:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Worse, it’s not even well done

PostPosted: Sat November 13, 2021 2:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Meet the new boss, same as the old:

Parsi said MBS wants to return to the days when Saudi Arabia was fully immune from any criticism and had U.S. support with no questions asked. ”While Biden has clearly not broken fully with these policies, despite his rhetoric, the Dems — particularly progressives — are adding friction to it and are more hesitant about rehabilitating MBS,” said Parsi. “So for MBS specifically, as well as the Likud [a right-wing Israeli political party] and the leaders in Abu Dhabi, a Republican president and Congress is much preferred. And all three of these states have already shown a significant propensity to interfere in American politics.”

The Saudi intervention in U.S. politics on behalf of the GOP could have profound implications for clean energy policies, as Democrats increasingly have powerful incentives to move away from an oil-based economy that can fall victim to puppeteering by political adversaries. “The answer ultimately is — ultimately meaning the next three or four years — is investing in renewable energy,” Biden said during his town hall, outlining an unrealistically optimistic time frame but describing the direction Democrats plan to go.

Republicans, meanwhile, could have a steady grip on a lever — oil output — that can easily move approval ratings or congressional generic ballots up or down at will. All it takes is looking the other way.

PostPosted: Wed December 01, 2021 1:25 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i know its a rhetorical question and the answer is because they are republicans

but how in the hell do they cry from the heavens that al franken should resign and how horrible of a situation it is but then they sit idly by with boobert and three letters making their insane comments

PostPosted: Wed December 01, 2021 3:00 pm 
Poster of the Year

The Massachusetts GOP has cannibalized itself so much that the second most popular governor in the country isn't running for reelection. It's kind if amazing to watch, really.

PostPosted: Wed December 01, 2021 4:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed December 08, 2021 7:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

The future is Latinx!

I expected this to happen sooner or later, but this soon?

"Certainly the Dem assumption that Hispanic demographics guaranteed them a lock on all future elections, so they could continue their brain-dead taco diplomacy with Hispanics is *not* happening."

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed December 15, 2021 9:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

how in the fuck have these GOP'ers who have texted meadows not been outed from their jobs yet?

PostPosted: Wed December 15, 2021 10:11 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
how in the fuck have these GOP'ers who have texted meadows not been outed from their jobs yet?

Employeee retention is tough as it is right now.

PostPosted: Wed December 15, 2021 10:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Employeee retention is tough as it is right now.

Knocking the trump-or-death folks like Meadows out works in their favor though. So like Oswald, North, Abbruzzese... he's the fall guy to make the future better.

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 12:05 am 

Oh yeah a couple of dumbass never-trumper republicans are really gonna kick the troublemakers (aka the people who control the GOP) out of the Republican party. They really have the power guys for real!

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 12:39 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I mean, they co-wrote and passed the Infrastructure Bill. And it's not like Trump is selling out arenas anymore.

A credible alternative could emerge quickly, Baker/Scott for example, mirroring the win in Va this past election.

PostPosted: Thu December 16, 2021 8:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

No way Baker runs for President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 46  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate