The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:22 am 
mXn

Wait which one is the super douche?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:31 am 
Gone

Bammer wrote:

The army racist obviously. Lost in this seems to be the other guy is a douche too. He says he "lives there" which doesn't seem to be true and decides to hang around forever despite having the opportunity to walk away. He got his dope internet clip and became a hash tag and the army guy got arrested for something we have to pretend was a big deal because ofsomething as stupid as skin color.

Last edited by verb_to_trust on Thu April 15, 2021 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:34 am 
mXn

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

The army racist obviously.

I was talking about RMers

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:37 am 
Gone

Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, well then me

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 9:57 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, well then me

THE super douche?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 11:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, well then me

THE super douche?

Obviously. Who else but Verb would side with the giant, racist asshole after watching that clip?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 11:57 am 
Looks Like a Cat

JuanHamm wrote:
B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, well then me

THE super douche?

Obviously. Who else but Verb would side with the giant, racist asshole after watching that clip?

Can we draw a distinction between that asshole's behavior and the doxxing? It's only a matter of time before someone gets killed from their name being leaked online (if it hasnt happened already).

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:09 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Can we draw a distinction between that asshole's behavior and the doxxing? It's only a matter of time before someone gets killed from their name being leaked online (if it hasnt happened already).

I agree with this.

I agree the kid was also a douche, but the army guy looked huge compared to the kid, and the kid was by himself. Army guy was way too aggressive. He deserves a punch to the face & maybe a breach of peace charge, but this is too much.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I agree with this.

I agree the kid was also a douche, but the army guy looked huge compared to the kid, and the kid was by himself. Army guy was way too aggressive. He deserves a punch to the face & maybe a breach of peace charge, but this is too much.

i totally disagree. you are allowed to walk through any neighborhood you like (provided it isnt a gated community and you didnt break in) i happen to walk through about 4 different neighborhoods every day and not a word is said. i understand people complained about the kid before but the complaint was he was walking in our neighborhood, which is fucking insane people call the police for this sort of thing

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:23 pm 
Major Dude

Peeps wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I agree with this.

i totally disagree. you are allowed to walk through any neighborhood you like (provided it isnt a gated community and you didnt break in) i happen to walk through about 4 different neighborhoods every day and not a word is said. i understand people complained about the kid before but the complaint was he was walking in our neighborhood, which is fucking insane people call the police for this sort of thing

But the kid was black, peeps. That kind of walking cannot be tolerated.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:57 pm 
Gone

The max penalty for "assault" in this case is a 500 dollar fine and up to 30 days in jail. You'd have to be soft as fuck to press charges for something like this but it involved skin color so here we are.The thing is, Army douches life is now actually over. Is this kind of mob revenge justice really appropriate? I'm also just so tired of people jerking themselves off online about shit like this. Don't people watch sports anymore? Go deer hunting? Collect stamps?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 1:59 pm 
Future Drummer

Peeps wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I agree with this.

I don't agree with what happened to the kid, I just mean that I don't think an angry mob at the guys house is justice of any kind. And BI is right, only a matter of time before these things get worse.

I'm all for the protests and police reform, but I think stuff like this makes it harder to convince people.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 2:34 pm 
Polluted

verb_to_trust wrote:
The max penalty for "assault" in this case is a 500 dollar fine and up to 30 days in jail. You'd have to be soft as fuck to press charges for something like this but it involved skin color so here we are.The thing is, Army douches life is now actually over. Is this kind of mob revenge justice really appropriate? I'm also just so tired of people jerking themselves off online about shit like this. Don't people watch sports anymore? Go deer hunting? Collect stamps?

Of course crime will go down if you stop prosecuting crimes!

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 2:50 pm 
Gone

Self wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Of course crime will go down if you stop prosecuting crimes!

This does NOT apply to anything involving skin color.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 2:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I agree with this.

I don't agree with what happened to the kid, I just mean that I don't think an angry mob at the guys house is justice of any kind. And BI is right, only a matter of time before these things get worse.

I'm all for the protests and police reform, but I think stuff like this makes it harder to convince people.

There's another side to this as well... take these people:

Is it so far out-of-bounds to think that someone like this with a mob surrounding their house takes a couple of shots of whiskey and decides "it's time to defend my family"?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 3:17 pm 
Gone

If a big mob shows up somewhere after an incident involving skin pigmentation that mob inherently knows in 2021, the year of our Lord, that it will end up on the internet and get amplified everywhere. The mob also knows that they can seek justice for themselves by ruining someone's life, thus getting the suitable revenge when the actual laws in place do not satiate their collective thirst for total annihilation.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 3:21 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
If a big mob shows up somewhere after an incident involving skin pigmentation that mob inherently knows in 2021, the year of our Lord, that it will end up on the internet and get amplified everywhere. The mob also knows that they can seek justice for themselves by ruining someone's life, thus getting the suitable revenge when the actual laws in place do not satiate their collective thirst for total annihilation.

MAGA post

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 3:21 pm 
Gone

Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

MAGA post

I voted for Biden homie

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 3:23 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

MAGA post

I voted for Biden homie

And you used to loathe the MAGA rhetoric you heard IRL. But that quote above is exactly what I hear from the MAGA crowd. You say others are acting extreme and then start throwing out stuff like "total annihilation".

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 3:25 pm 
Gone

Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

MAGA post

I voted for Biden homie

And you used to loathe the MAGA rhetoric you heard IRL. But that quote above is exactly what I hear from the MAGA crowd. You say others are acting extreme and then start throwing out stuff like "total annihilation".

I choose to post hyperbolically on a dumb pearl jam message board, yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate