The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 9:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Tosh.0 was its highest rated show? That in itself is pretty lame.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 9:44 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/In-a-rare-admission-MTV-says-its-programming-16070434.php

Quote:
Chris McCarthy, the president of MTV Entertainment Group and overseer of numerous ViacomCBS cable networks, believes such language contributes to a stigmatization of mental health and leads to fewer people seeking help. So he's about to offer a rare mea culpa - and undertake an ambitious plan to remake programming at MTV and sister units including Comedy Central, VH1 and even Paramount Plus.

"Having reality stars say someone is 'really messed up'- well, that's not the proper way to reflect that story. It sends the wrong message about somebody's mental health," McCarthy said in a phone interview, adding he believes it makes people less likely to take struggles seriously in their own lives. "We need to do better."

McCarthy says the timing couldn't be better to take on a sadly timeless challenge, with mental health again in the headlines: Meghan, duchess of Sussex, recently said during a televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that she had had suicidal thoughts, and studies show that depression levels have continued to rise during the pandemic.

His plan, expected to be announced Thursday by ViacomCBS, is to turn all negative portrayals of mental-health challenges on his networks' shows to positive ones, then double those number of instances. Instead of characters slinging around clinical terms in an argument, for example, they'd acknowledge a person is struggling and want to know more. Such portrayals would make viewers feel more comfortable with their own conditions, McCarthy said, and do more to combat them.

What exactly is modern comedy if not jokes about the comedian's own mental health?

Comedy Central recently canceled its highest rated show, Tosh.0. They now just run reruns of South Park, the office, and roasts. It’s pretty lame

Zoom Daily Show is still on! With the not funny guy!

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 9:55 pm 
Future Drummer

The Tosh show was canceled as part of a restructure, and the man himself apparently still works for the network/studio and will still be writing for them and maybe starring in something else. No one got canceled, SJWs didn’t win anything here.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 10:36 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

For those that prefer court filings to tumblr:
https://t.co/Q1gPK9jFgo?amp=1

Sounds kind of like the star chambers required by the "Dear Colleague" letter, but expanded from allegations of sexual assault/ harassment to any form of wrongthink.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 10:46 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Rob wrote:
The Tosh show was canceled as part of a restructure, and the man himself apparently still works for the network/studio and will still be writing for them and maybe starring in something else. No one got canceled, SJWs didn’t win anything here.

I wasn’t saying it got canceled as in cancel culture. I just meant the show was literally canceled. Which was a big sign that they were making changes at the network.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 8:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 8:49 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-declares-racism-a-serious-public-health-threat-as-covid-19-puts-a-spotlight-on-disparities/ar-BB1ftU77?ocid=wispr&li=BBnb7Kz

CDC declares racism a 'serious public health threat' as COVID-19 puts a spotlight on disparities

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Prostrate cancer should be investigated for it’s sexism.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 9:05 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 11:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Don't worry guys, I'm sure cancel culture and antifa will get on their radar as "serious health threats" any day now. After all, conservatives are 3x more likely to die in childbirth due to radical leftwing doctors, and almost four times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 11:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh wait no, sorry, that's black women and indigenous peoples, respectively.

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 11:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Maybe after we defeat racism, we can start solving greed. And jealousy. Then after the seven deadly sins are defeated, maybe we can focus on covid.

Big Racism is big money:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside-bl ... ing-binge/

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 11:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sun April 11, 2021 11:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Wait, are radical right wing doctors killing black and indigenous patients?! Wtf?

By engaging in the consensual exchange of money for goods in services, yes. Where have you been the last 5 years?

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 12:21 am 

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 1:20 am 
Gone

I'm sorry, I was under the impression the sports ballers ended racism by kneeling before games?

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 2:45 pm 
Future Drummer

Are you guys saying the CDC shouldn't try to develop a strategy to address racial gaps in health outcomes? Should any agency? Did they say they will end racism or did they point out it's also a health issue, and they - as a health focused agency - want to try to do something about it?

Basically, did you guys waste half a page virtue signaling to each other, or did I miss something?

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 3:18 pm 
The Master

lol

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 3:31 pm 
Future Drummer

Rob wrote:
Are you guys saying the CDC shouldn't try to develop a strategy to address racial gaps in health outcomes?
Is the gap in health outcomes due to race or socio-economic factors primarily? If the latter is the driving force, then yeah the CDC is the absolute wrong agency to address it.

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 3:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

surfndestroy wrote:
Rob wrote:
Are you guys saying the CDC shouldn't try to develop a strategy to address racial gaps in health outcomes?
Is the gap in health outcomes due to race or socio-economic factors primarily? If the latter is the driving force, then yeah the CDC is the absolute wrong agency to address it.

What Is a Public Health “Emergency”?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1406167

Let's say the CDC is appropriate agency and scope it done to just equity. What exactly would they do to create equitable outcomes under these emergency powers?

PostPosted: Mon April 12, 2021 3:52 pm 
Future Drummer

surfndestroy wrote:
Rob wrote:

Well, that's your opinion, and that's fine. The CDC is (was, usually) a top-tier, relatively well resourced agency. If they want to take a stab at developing some ideas to address these health & disease prevention gaps (which almost always do point directly to race), I say go for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate