The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 191  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 4:34 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I would.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 4:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

4/5 wrote:
He'd be a fool not to.

Yup

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 4:48 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So is Murkowski going rogue, or just covering her PR bases? It seems like awfully aggressive language, to be the latter.

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
Future Drummer

--- wrote:
And that I completely disregard anyone expressing any level of certainty on the matter as being motivated by something other than the truth (or as close to it as one can reasonably expect to come)?

This is the only way I can see it. Seems BK is either guilty or a victim, depending on whether or not you support his nomination. And I get that this is a tricky situation with no concrete evidence, but it's becoming too big a spectacle even by today's standards (and even without Trump purposefully making it worse, like he usually does). Neither side seems to be considering the future being built.

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 5:53 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Rob wrote:
Neither side seems to be considering the future being built.

I'm such a fatalist when it comes to things like this. I think most of the checks in place to prevent this future from happening are illusions, and if there isn't some mechanism in our society to prevent it from happening, then it will certainly happen.

But I generally hate things like congressional norms with no legal binding and don't fault Republicans for ignoring them. That's as much on weak democrat leadership as anything. I kinda feel the same about weed legalization: make it legal, stop with this "technically illegal but we'll look the other way" nonsense.

I don't know I'm off topic.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 5:58 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm such a fatalist when it comes to things like this. I think most of the checks in place to prevent this future from happening are illusions, and if there isn't some mechanism in our society to prevent it from happening, then it will certainly happen.

But I generally hate things like congressional norms with no legal binding and don't fault Republicans for ignoring them. That's as much on weak democrat leadership as anything. I kinda feel the same about weed legalization: make it legal, stop with this "technically illegal but we'll look the other way" nonsense.

death is coming

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 5:59 pm 

be free.

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 6:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

--- wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:

death is coming

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 8:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This should be such an easy question to spin-dodge without this much floundering.

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 9:00 pm 
Gone

I don't get the yearbook stuff either. You would think someone would have shut down stupid references to keg clubs and other juvenile bullshit. And this was some prestigious prep school?

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 9:05 pm 

People always overplay their hands with this shit. Did no one learn from Lewinsky scandal?

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 9:21 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
People always overplay their hands with this shit. Did no one learn from Lewinsky scandal?

obviously brett kavanaugh did not

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 10:03 pm 

wat

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 10:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Rob wrote:
this is a tricky situation with no concrete evidence

there is a person who corroborated the yale story

the issue is not about evidence

it is about power

there could be a video tape and the GOP would deny it to be factual

shameless self-interested power

just swear him in and be done with all this

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 10:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Her attorney:

PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 11:08 pm 

haha Avenatti can go away now.

PostPosted: Wed September 26, 2018 1:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Well, tomorrow is Wednesday so I guess this drops then. Buckle-up:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-avenatti-says-new-brett-kavanaugh-accuser-will-come-forward-before-thursday/

Quote:
Avenatti says that he has a client who knew Kavanaugh in high school and accused him of setting up girls to be raped.

"When the American people hear from her, they will determine, as I have, that she is to be believed," Avenatti said during a press conference Monday evening. Kavanaugh called that claim outrageous.

He has not identified the accuser yet but said that her name will be revealed within the next 48 hours. He offered some details on her background, including that she worked for the U.S. Mint, Justice Department and State Department.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed September 26, 2018 2:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed September 26, 2018 11:36 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I like that he confessed to being a virgin. The first two accusations are of a failed rape attempt and waving his dick in a girl's face. Both can be accomplished by virgins.

I would argue that Kavanaugh is unqualified because he doesn't know how evidence works.

PostPosted: Wed September 26, 2018 1:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This belongs in the midterms thread, but it is relevant here.

This is one of several polls out today that were taken in the period just before a second woman came forward. Both show a two point widening, and almost all of the change is on the part of married white women, who have long been the only subgroup of women that are reliably conservative. Now, split almost evenly between the two parties.

Meanwhile, the RNCC is cutting funds to a half dozen House races it now believes are lost, and transitioning those funds to other races that it didn’t previously expect to be competitive.

If they picked this interviewer because of her slut shame tactics, they...chose poorly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 191  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate