The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 131  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14308
Some of the people in this room are scared of the NRA. I’m not. And you don’t have to b- (meets with NRA) Nevermind everything I said yesterday.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3687
BurtReynolds wrote:
Where is there to go?


There's got be some kind of alt., right?

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4841
Location: Washington State
BurtReynolds wrote:
What are the reasons for increases in teen and early teen suicides? There have always been outcasts, but something is definitely different. I think there is a larger, all encompassing problem here, and I think the internet is probably a big reason.

You think? Sitting and staring at a screen looking at everyone else's "perfect" lives and wondering why you're not as happy as they seem?

I'm glad I have you guys to keep me grounded on that front.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3094
Edit:
The fire alarm went off today for the first time since Douglas. Usually kids revel in the chance to get their phones and miss class for a few minutes. This time everybody froze and then two students asked, "What do we do?" and "How do we know this isn't what happened at Stoneman Douglas?" I told the kids to go and then a moment later the principal comes on the intercom telling everybody to go back to class (as the alarm is still blaring) and everybody came right back. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but some kids were definitely scared. (Not that it matters, the principal then came back on and told us to evacuate after all. Probably somebody smoking in a bathroom or something. But I guess administration panicked and had the same fear as some of the students.)

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3687
4/5 wrote:
The firearm went off today for the first time since Douglas. Usually kids revel in the chance to get their phones and miss class for a few minutes. This time everybody froze and then two students asked, "What do we do?" and "How do we know this isn't what happened at Stoneman Douglas?" I told the kids to go and then a moment later the principal comes on the intercom telling everybody to go back to class (as the alarm is still blaring) and everybody came right back. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but some kids were definitely scared. (Not that it matters, the principal then came back on and told us to evacuate after all. Probably somebody smoking in a bathroom or something. But I guess administration panicked and had the same fear as some of the students.)


Stunning typo

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49759
Location: Sector 7-G
yeah seriously


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3094
I legitimately read it like 3 times until I found it.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 155
Shooting on Central Michigan University campus. My cousin is a freshman there. Jesus


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4841
Location: Washington State

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8580
4/5 wrote:
I legitimately read it like 3 times until I found it.


I don't see it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4841
Location: Washington State
4/5 wrote:
The firearm went off today

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4552
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
I should clarify something that has been in the news. I keep hearing how Delta had given NRA members a discount. That’s not true; there was never a general discount for NRA members. Delta had a contract with the NRA for their annual meeting in Dallas in May. The contract gave set air fares to Dallas for NRA members, depending upon their origin city, for set dates around that meeting. It's common for Delta to set up a contract like for any large organization or convention.
The people who book this space on these kinds of contracts work on the same floor of the same building I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14308
Ha ha wow

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1378
Anyone buy a ghost gunner yet? https://ghostgunner.net/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4209
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
Nothing to see here... look at the drunk guy that doesn't like trump!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4841
Location: Washington State

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 09, 2018 4:04 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2757
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I should clarify something that has been in the news. I keep hearing how Delta had given NRA members a discount. That’s not true; there was never a general discount for NRA members. Delta had a contract with the NRA for their annual meeting in Dallas in May. The contract gave set air fares to Dallas for NRA members, depending upon their origin city, for set dates around that meeting. It's common for Delta to set up a contract like for any large organization or convention.
The people who book this space on these kinds of contracts work on the same floor of the same building I do.


All we can do is hope Cagle doesn’t get elected.

He’s the worst.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 09, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4209
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
elliseamos wrote:
Nothing to see here... look at the Korean guy that wants to meet with trump!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 09, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14308
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Where is there to go?


There's got be some kind of alt., right?

I enjoy this every time I read it

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri March 09, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4841
Location: Washington State

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 131  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed June 20, 2018 1:55 am