The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 11:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

someone could still tack on a rider to that bill: 30 million dollars of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 1:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Daily Beast: Betsy DeVos's husband, his sister, White House counsel McGahn's wife, OMB counsel Carroll's son (former experience: college newspaper editor), and Rudy G's son have all been given administration jobs.

Meanwhile:
Quote:
"If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true,'" said Mark Lee, one of six Trump voters to appear on a CNN panel Monday morning.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 1:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

FORBES: GOP Tax Bill Is The End Of All Economic Sanity In Washington

Quote:
No doubt many of you read the above headline and immediately started to tweet that the GOP tax bill can't be the end of economic sanity in Washington because there never was any to begin with.

I have two responses.

First...please do tweet that, and link to this post when you do.

Second...you're wrong. If it's enacted, the GOP tax cut now working its way through Congress will be the start of a decades-long economic policy disaster unlike any other that has occurred in American history.

There's no economic justification whatsoever for a tax cut at this time. U.S. GDP is growing, unemployment is close to 4 percent (below what is commonly considered "full employment"), corporate profits are at record levels and stock markets are soaring. It makes no sense to add any federal government-induced stimulus to all this private sector-caused economic activity, let alone a tax cut as big as this one.

But by damning the economic torpedoes and moving full-speed ahead, House and Senate Republicans and the Trump White House are setting up the U.S. for the modern-day analog of the inflation-producing guns-and-butter economic policy of the Vietnam era. The GOP tax bill will increase the federal deficit by $2 trillion or more over the next decade (the official estimates of $1.5 trillion hide the real amount with a witches brew of gimmicks and outright lies) that, unless all the rules have changed, is virtually certain to result in inflation and much higher interest rates than would otherwise occur.

The real economic insanity of the GOP's tax bill will be felt in future years. Consider the following.

The $1 trillion a year budget deficit will not be the result of cyclical changes that will be reversed when the economy improves. These will be permanent structural deficit increases.

The tax hikes that will be needed to resolve the structural imbalance between federal spending and revenues will be impossible for political reasons.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 3:34 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

McParadigm wrote:

Quote:
No doubt many of you read the above headline and immediately started to tweet that the GOP tax bill can't be the end of economic sanity in Washington because there never was any to begin with.

I have two responses.

Second...you're wrong. If it's enacted, the GOP tax cut now working its way through Congress will be the start of a decades-long economic policy disaster unlike any other that has occurred in American history.

There's no economic justification whatsoever for a tax cut at this time. U.S. GDP is growing, unemployment is close to 4 percent (below what is commonly considered "full employment"), corporate profits are at record levels and stock markets are soaring. It makes no sense to add any federal government-induced stimulus to all this private sector-caused economic activity, let alone a tax cut as big as this one.

But by damning the economic torpedoes and moving full-speed ahead, House and Senate Republicans and the Trump White House are setting up the U.S. for the modern-day analog of the inflation-producing guns-and-butter economic policy of the Vietnam era. The GOP tax bill will increase the federal deficit by $2 trillion or more over the next decade (the official estimates of $1.5 trillion hide the real amount with a witches brew of gimmicks and outright lies) that, unless all the rules have changed, is virtually certain to result in inflation and much higher interest rates than would otherwise occur.

The real economic insanity of the GOP's tax bill will be felt in future years. Consider the following.

The $1 trillion a year budget deficit will not be the result of cyclical changes that will be reversed when the economy improves. These will be permanent structural deficit increases.

The tax hikes that will be needed to resolve the structural imbalance between federal spending and revenues will be impossible for political reasons.

I've had similar thoughts, that this is all Econ 101 stuff.
And I guess the debt only matter when it's the other guys in charge. How exactly is a spend & spend Republican worse than a tax & spend Dem?

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 3:39 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

McParadigm wrote:
Daily Beast: Betsy DeVos's husband, his sister, White House counsel McGahn's wife, OMB counsel Carroll's son (former experience: college newspaper editor), and Rudy G's son have all been given administration jobs.

Meanwhile:
Quote:
"If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true,'" said Mark Lee, one of six Trump voters to appear on a CNN panel Monday morning.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 4:07 pm 
See you in another life, brother

McParadigm wrote:
Meanwhile:
Quote:

My contribution is to point out to Mr. Lee that Jesus hasn't been on the cross for nearly 2,000 years and that he's on his throne in heaven.

Son of God > POTUS...or at least that was the conventional wisdom from 2009 through January, 2017.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 4:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Quote:

I have two responses.

I've had similar thoughts, that this is all Econ 101 stuff.
And I guess the debt only matter when it's the other guys in charge. How exactly is a spend & spend Republican worse than a tax & spend Dem?

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 5:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Forgot something...

:shock: :roll: :shake:

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 8:37 pm 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:

Meanwhile:
Quote:

Let’s hope that fucker owns about 12 assault rifles.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 12:27 am 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:

Meanwhile:
Quote:

Is this putz angling for a cabinet position? Seriously, the only reason to make a comment like that is to stroke Trump’s ego. With Trump, flattery can get you everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 1:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Preparing for the end of net neutrality.

Watching the Justice Department flex might in an attempt to put CNN in Rupert Murdoch's hands.

Not remotely counting on the US to save anybody in Yemen, nor any Rohingya.

Tired.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 3:24 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

McParadigm wrote:

This is sad.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 3:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This is sad.

You want US soldiers in another proxy war with Iran? Because that worked out so well in Syria?

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 3:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This is sad.

You want US soldiers in another proxy war with Iran? Because that worked out so well in Syria?

Literally anything other than tacit approval would be great. Anything other than that. Whatever turns out to be more than zero. That. Immediately. Cease weapons sales? That's a thing. Economic consequences? That is too. UN-backed avenues? Aid drops? Strongly worded complaints? Have you heard of this new thing they have now called anything? I'd like to try that.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 3:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This is sad.

Literally anything other than tacit approval would be great. Anything other than that. Whatever turns out to be more than zero. That. Immediately. Cease weapons sales? That's a thing. Economic consequences? That is too. UN-backed avenues? Aid drops? Strongly worded complaints? Have you heard of this new thing they have now called anything? I'd like to try that.

Economic consequences against the Saudis?

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 4:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This is sad.

Economic consequences against the Saudis?

Pressure to permit humanitarian aid can be exerted without escalating precariously, or upending our own interests regarding Iran. Cease the $10,000 in IMET assistance funding, which is tiny but makes the country eligible for millions in discounts in purchased military training. Republicans and Democrats alike used to scream that we should do this.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 5:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 6:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

At some point it's just too late, America.

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 6:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

So how long before Comcast blocks PS Vue and SlingTV?

PostPosted: Tue November 21, 2017 6:14 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
So how long before Comcast blocks PS Vue and SlingTV?

2 seconds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate