Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Nintendo Switch

Tue February 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Joesanity wrote:Give me that Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch.

That's the dream scenario.

Tue February 16, 2021 7:47 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:Nintendo Direct will be tomorrow. Will focus on 2021 games. And so close to Zelda’s anniversary to boot.

First proper direct since Fall 2019. 2019!

Now that SM3DW has been released, there are 0 1st party games on the release calendar. This could be an excellent Direct.

My predictions:

- New Smash DLC fighter (Crash Bandicoot; released on the day Crash 4 comes to Switch)
- Pokemon Snap update
- Hollow Knight - Silksong release date
- More indies (3-4 "featured" indies)
- Zelda Anniversary announcements (some sort of collection of past games, BoTW2 name and trailer)
- One more First Party game reveal for Summer release

My guesses:

- Zelda focused. BotW 2 named and roughly dated (i.e. Fall 2021). Specific Zelda rerelease information for Wind Waker HD (Spring). I'll guess that Phantom Hourglass was remade using the Link's Awakening engine (Summer). New Zelda Amiibo.
- Reminder about "timed releases" - SM 3D All Stars, Fire Emblem NES
- Bayonetta 3 2021 release date.
- No Metroid. No Pikmin.

Tue February 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Remaking 3 games seems too daunting considering all of the issues with developing Metroid Prime 4 alone. I think the only pre-WiiU game to be remade and released on Switch is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Tue February 16, 2021 7:59 pm

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Remaking 3 games seems too daunting considering all of the issues with developing Metroid Prime 4 alone. I think the only pre-WiiU game to be remade and released on Switch is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Apparently it has been in the can for years. I'm skeptical that it is a full-on remake. Most likely an upscale/controller remapping of the originals (similar to the Sunshine and Galaxy ports).

Tue February 16, 2021 10:00 pm

20 minutes of monster hunter
20 minutes of prehietorik man on nes online

Wed February 17, 2021 11:22 pm

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Revealed

The Nintendo Wii's most ambitious Zelda game makes it big return on the Nintendo Switch with an enhanced port. Along with an HD resolution update, the original's unique motion-control mechanics have now been enhanced to work with the JoyCons, and to even work without motion gestures.

Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Will Come To Switch This July

Splatoon 3 Revealed

Closing out the show, the next installment of the multiplayer ink-battle game franchise was revealed. In the trailer, we got to see what the world beyond the Inkopolis looks like, as we see a brand new hero emerge from the ruins of the old world. Despite the post-apocalyptic imagery, Splatoon 3 still looks as energetic and lively as ever. The game is planned for a 2022 release.

Splatoon 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Coming In 2022

Smash Bros. New Fighters Reveal: Mythra and Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Kicking off the show was the reveal of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 characters Mythra and Pyra joining the cast. So far, the only Xenoblade character in the game is Shulk, from the original game of the RPG series. Both character use a combination of swords and magic to fight against their enemies, and they can also use their Final Smash attacks to summon other characters from the series. These fighters will also bring with them a new stage to fight on, which will release sometime in March.

Xenoblade's Pyra And Mythra Are The Next Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Fighters

Fall Guys Is Coming To Nintendo Switch

The battle royale game in the mold of a game show will now come to the Nintendo Switch. Launching this Summer, the game will bring the battle royale game to the portable console.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Coming To Nintendo Switch This Summer

Outer Wilds Comes To Switch

The narrative focused space-exploration time-loop game will be coming to the Nintendo Switch this Summer.

Annapurna's Outer Wilds Releases On Nintendo Switch This Summer

The Famicom Detective Club Finally Comes To The West

The visual novel series, Famicom Detective Club, will be making it debut in North America on May 14. Coming to the Nintendo Switch, the Western release will have a new localized script, which focuses on a murder investigation of a wealthy family.

Samurai Warriors 5 Revealed

Koei Tecmo is reviving the Samurai Warriors series, with its next installment coming to the Nintendo Switch this Summer. Set in the Sengoku period, the game will cover the rise of Nobunaga Oda and Mitsuhide Akechi.

Samurai Warriors 5 Coming To Switch This Summer

The Legend of Mana Comes To The Nintendo Switch

Square-Enix's fan-favorite mana series will see the next entry in the series with Legend of Mana, set for release on June 24. Featuring HD 2D art, you'll explore the world of Fa'Diel to uncover the world and its mysteries.

New Monster Hunter Rise Trailer And Special Pr Controller

Capcom revealed a new trailer for its Monster Hunter spin-off, Monster Hunter Rise, during the Nintendo Direct, which showcased many new monsters and key characters to meet in the story. We also caught a glimpse of a special Monster Hunter branded Pro Controller that will release with the game.

New Monster Hunter Rise Trailer Debuts During Latest Nintendo Direct

Monster Hunter Switch Console And Pro Controller Confirmed For US Release Next Month

Mario Golf: Super Rush Reveal

The next game in the long dormant Mario Golf sub-series has been revealed. In Super Rush, Mario and friends will take to the golf course and compete in games across the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario Golf: Super Rush also has a new story mode, which stars your Mii character and sees them explore the kingdom and interact with characters from the series.

Mario Golf: Super Rush Announced, Coming June 25

Tale From The Borderlands Comes To Nintendo Switch

On March 24, Telltale Games' Tales from the Borderlands will arrive on the Nintendo Switch. This release will feature all five episodes, which covers the time between Borderlands 1 and 2.

Tales From The Borderlands Hits Nintendo Switch This March

Capcom Arcade Stadium Launches Today On Nintendo Switch

Featuring a collection of classic Capcom arcade titles Ghosts and Goblins and Strider, this collection brings together many of the publisher's biggest hits from the pasts. Right now, the classic WW2 shoot-em-up 1943 is available for free with the collection.

Stubs The Zombie Coming to Nintendo Switch

2005's zombie action game that let you take control of humans will launch on the Switch on March 16. Preorders available now.

No More Heroes 3 Coming To Switch On August 27

Travis Touchdown fights aliens and rival assassins in the next major entry in the series. Along with taking down targets, he'll take on odd jobs and ride his supped up motorcycle across the city of Santa Destroy.

No More Heroes 3 Kicks Off An Alien Invasion On Nintendo Switch This Summer

Annapurna Interactive Reveals Neon White

Neon White is a first-person action game about assassins taking out demons who have invaded Heaven. Using a deck of tarot cards, you can conjure up guns, swords, and other magical attacks.

Thu February 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Mario Golf. Oh my god, I’m sooo happy.

Thu February 18, 2021 1:12 pm

I would definitely play through Skyward Sword again.

Thu February 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Pretty underwhelming Direct. Splatoon 3 will be fun. I'm interesting in replaying Skyward Sword, but those textures did not age well at all.

Thu February 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Hmm I've actually never played Skyward Sword. Wasn't playing video games at that time.

Thu February 18, 2021 3:04 pm

tree_ wrote:Hmm I've actually never played Skyward Sword. Wasn't playing video games at that time.

Damn. This makes your video game tournament victory all the more impressive. 2021 is really coming up tree!

Thu February 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Thu February 18, 2021 6:51 pm

I don't understand this Capcom Arcade Stadium. How do I download these games? I want Commando and Street Fighter II.

Fri February 19, 2021 1:33 pm

This looks like exactly what I was looking for

Fri February 19, 2021 2:15 pm

lmao

Fri February 19, 2021 4:27 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:This looks like exactly what I was looking for

This game is extremely cool and I wish my dumb monkey brain didn't get so befuddled by the controls and physics.

Fri February 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Orpheus wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:This looks like exactly what I was looking for

This game is extremely cool and I wish my dumb monkey brain didn't get so befuddled by the controls and physics.

No, the controls and physics are wonky. It's not just you.

Fri February 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Oh really? That’s even better. I like developing muscle memory playing a game where you don’t even have to think with controls, but that stage where you’re confused and have to stop and engage with what you’re doing in a game is great too.

Plus, this looks gorgeous. The amount of games in the switch store is bewildering but this is exactly what I was hoping for.

I’m gonna look up are there others on there like it.

Fri February 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Lots of other people seemed to be able to get past the tricky controls, so IDK. Really enjoyed what I played though, probably one of the more engaging core concepts of the last decade in gaming.

Sat February 20, 2021 3:47 am

I have spent two weeks playing through Nightshade on the NES game pack. I don’t entirely know why. But I can’t believe I’d never heard of it before now, and I really wish I had.
Post a reply