Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Nintendo Switch

Thu December 03, 2020 5:03 pm

We're getting the kids Mario Kart 8 this year.

Tue December 08, 2020 7:53 pm

I want doom eternal but its 60 bucks.. ughh

Thu January 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Anders' post in the SW forum inspired me. What are your Top 10 Switch games? We're almost to the 4 year anniversary.

Thu January 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Lots of great games.

Thu January 14, 2021 5:33 pm

In no particular order:

Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Mario Maker 2
Hollow Knight
Ori and the Blind Forest
Hades
Celeste
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

*some games available on Switch would have made this list (ex. Rocket League), but I decided to limit the list to games I played first on the console

Thu January 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Anders' post in the SW forum inspired me. What are your Top 10 Switch games? We're almost to the 4 year anniversary.

I haven't even played 10 Switch games yet.

BotW
Odyssey
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Animal Crossing
Ultimate Alliance 3
Link's Awakening
Bayonetta 2
Cadence of Hyrule

That's all. All were good.

Thu January 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Anders' post in the SW forum inspired me. What are your Top 10 Switch games? We're almost to the 4 year anniversary.

I think a better question would have been: What is your Mt. Rushmore of this past generation (PS4, XB1, Switch, ?WiiU?)?

Thu January 14, 2021 9:08 pm

CopperTom wrote:

I think a better question would have been: What is your Mt. Rushmore of this past generation (PS4, XB1, Switch, ?WiiU?)?

Nintendo splitting the generation didn't help!

Thu January 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Nintendo splitting the generation didn't help!

Zelda: Breath of the Wild, God of War and Horizon are easy picks for me. The 4th game would be tough. I didn't play RDR2 or the Fire Emblem for Switch yet. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and The Last Of US 2 would probably be fighting for my last spot. Honorable mention to Uncharted 4, Spiderman, Witcher 3, and Dragon Age.

Thu January 14, 2021 9:54 pm

Hollow knight
Breath of the wild
Ori 2
Axiom verge
The messenger
Hades
Marvel ultimate alliance 3
Blasphemous
Huntdown
Ori 1
Super mario oddessy
Streets of rage 4
Dead cells
Tetris 99
Pokken tournament dx
Links awakening
Mario kart 8
Hotline miami
Mario tennis
Into the depths

Did a top 20.. left out the sports games that you can get on any system.. also left out the nes n snes stuff

Fri January 15, 2021 1:11 am

Not really in order:

Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Duck Game
Mario Odyssey
Paper Mario: Origami King
Mortal Kombat 11
Luigi's Mansion 3
SMB35
Super Mario Maker 2
Hades

Mon January 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Lost my first joycon to drift this weekend. :shake:

Mon January 18, 2021 5:21 pm

That sucks. I just lost a pro controller to that

Mon January 18, 2021 5:24 pm

About a year ago, I had it in for a free repair, using the guarantee. But now it’s a little bit odd again.

Sat January 30, 2021 5:28 pm

If you just leave it in the dock and use it on tv with an external controller, you dont lose them

It let me download a load of old school SNES games the other day. Didn’t charge me anything.
Really only wanted it for super mario 4( the first one with yoshi?) and the original mario kart.
I have t played them yet but I thought you had to buy these

Sat January 30, 2021 6:16 pm

I dont know how to cull together a top ten, especially with soooo many ports/remasters of previously existing great games, but these are the games that have caught me off guard...games that surprised me with how much I enjoy them:

Clubhouse 51
Octopath Traveler
The Somnium Files
Enter the Gungeon
Mario vs Rabbids
Jenny LeClue
Heave Ho

There are also a couple of Artifex Mundi point-and-click adventure games that won me over. King’s Heir comes to mind.

Sat January 30, 2021 6:37 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:If you just leave it in the dock and use it on tv with an external controller, you dont lose them

It let me download a load of old school SNES games the other day. Didn’t charge me anything.
Really only wanted it for super mario 4( the first one with yoshi?) and the original mario kart.
I have t played them yet but I thought you had to buy these

There's a whole suite of SNES and NES games that comes with the nintendo online account.

Sat January 30, 2021 7:50 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:If you just leave it in the dock and use it on tv with an external controller, you dont lose them

I hardly ever play my xbox anymore, even if in some ways I prefer it, but I play a fair amount of switch. That’s because it’s handheld, makes it so much easier. Priorities I guess, sometimes I’m alone, and the baby sleeping. Could start the xbox or do the switch on the tv, but know it will only be for a couple of hours at most, and so it’s better for me to just get used to playing handheld.

Sat January 30, 2021 8:03 pm

Anders wrote:

I hardly ever play my xbox anymore, even if in some ways I prefer it, but I play a fair amount of switch. That’s because it’s handheld, makes it so much easier. Priorities I guess, sometimes I’m alone, and the baby sleeping. Could start the xbox or do the switch on the tv, but know it will only be for a couple of hours at most, and so it’s better for me to just get used to playing handheld.

I'm probably 80/20 when it comes to handheld/docked. Depends on the game for what I prefer.

Sat January 30, 2021 8:20 pm

I almost never use handheld mode.
Post a reply