The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo Switch
PostPosted: Sat April 04, 2020 5:30 am 
The Master

Diablo 3 is 50 percent off right now. Thinking this quarantine may be a good time to try it out.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 7:50 pm 
mXn

DUMB QUESTIONS about Nintendo Switch, because I'm probably getting one soon:

Do the controllers function as remotes like the Wii controller did? For example, Wii Sports ... swing the controller like a tennis racket? And if yes, is there a Switch Sports game that my 4-year-olds can play by swinging the controller and not pushing buttons? And do I have to purchase a second controller or would the Left and Right controllers allow two kids to play together?

Can I go back and purchase a digital version of older games from older Nintendo consoles? I just recently tried firing up my NES, my N64, and my Wii and fkn NONE of them work. The lack of backward compatibility is lame but can I buy digital?

Is there a good bundle for this? I want Mario Odyssey (is that the new one?), Zelda BotW, and a good kids game like Switch Sports if they have it. Oh and the latest Mario Kart.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 10:27 pm 
A Return To Form

Bammer wrote:

Do the controllers function as remotes like the Wii controller did? For example, Wii Sports ... swing the controller like a tennis racket? And if yes, is there a Switch Sports game that my 4-year-olds can play by swinging the controller and not pushing buttons? And do I have to purchase a second controller or would the Left and Right controllers allow two kids to play together?

Can I go back and purchase a digital version of older games from older Nintendo consoles? I just recently tried firing up my NES, my N64, and my Wii and fkn NONE of them work. The lack of backward compatibility is lame but can I buy digital?

Is there a good bundle for this? I want Mario Odyssey (is that the new one?), Zelda BotW, and a good kids game like Switch Sports if they have it. Oh and the latest Mario Kart.

We just got one about 6 weeks ago. To your points:

1. I haven't played a game where you have to swing the controller so I can't speak to that. But in Breath of the Wild you do have to angle your controller to fire arrows, so I suppose it's like the Wii U in that way. And it rumbles. Turning the controller in some games like Luigi's Mansion III does seem to be part of the experience.
2. The two controller sides do allow you to let two people play at the same time in many games for co-op experiences. So we didn't need to buy an extra controller off the bat.
3. You can buy some games digitally but in my experience the store is not as good as the old Wii store. However, I was able to buy the complete bundle of original Mega Man NES games for $10 when it was on sale, and there are similar bundles for things like Castlevania. And a $20/yr subscription to whatever the subscription is called lets you play a decent amount of NES and SNES titles though the selection isn't super great.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 10:32 pm 
A Return To Form

Bammer wrote:

Also, we didn't get a bundle but we got BotW (which I had for the Wii U, we bought it used like a year or two ago when our Wii went kaput and I wasn't ready to spring for the Switch though we should have) and Luigi's Mansion 3. We have borrowed from a co-worker Zelda: Link's Awakening (cute), Mario Odyssey (very cool) and the New Super Mario Bros U (fun but standard). Bought online Untitled Goose Game (fun for my 4 and 6 yr old), and aforementioned Mega Man bundle.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 11:49 pm 
mXn

Tsuga wrote:
Bammer wrote:

We just got one about 6 weeks ago. To your points:

1. I haven't played a game where you have to swing the controller so I can't speak to that. But in Breath of the Wild you do have to angle your controller to fire arrows, so I suppose it's like the Wii U in that way. And it rumbles. Turning the controller in some games like Luigi's Mansion III does seem to be part of the experience.
2. The two controller sides do allow you to let two people play at the same time in many games for co-op experiences. So we didn't need to buy an extra controller off the bat.
3. You can buy some games digitally but in my experience the store is not as good as the old Wii store. However, I was able to buy the complete bundle of original Mega Man NES games for $10 when it was on sale, and there are similar bundles for things like Castlevania. And a $20/yr subscription to whatever the subscription is called lets you play a decent amount of NES and SNES titles though the selection isn't super great.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 1:37 am 
Rank This Poster

Anybody ever transfer files from one memory card to another??

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 1:46 am 
The Master

I'd recommend getting another set of joycons with a grip if you have two kids. Some games will be much more comfortable to play with a full controller (both the left and right grips) and they will have some spare controllers if friends come over. Plus, they can get one in colors they want.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 4:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i got bugs wrote:

I have two memory cards, and one is empty now, but it used to be my only card. Transferred everything to the new bigger one, and that went smooth.

Only have one physical game, close to a hundred games in total, works perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 5:25 am 
The Master

Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

I have two memory cards, and one is empty now, but it used to be my only card. Transferred everything to the new bigger one, and that went smooth.

Only have one physical game, close to a hundred games in total, works perfectly.

What's the physical game?

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 5:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Let's Sing. Had to buy the physical game to get the microphones.

First game I bought was Mario Kart, but always played digitally.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 5:32 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Let's Sing. Had to buy the physical game to get the microphones.

First game I bought was Mario Kart, but always played digitally.

That doesn't even rhyme

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 5:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I think we've played it for about an hour. So, no rhyme needed.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 6:03 am 
Rank This Poster

Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Mine was smooth as well.. just dragged a nintendo folder on to the laptop n then on to the other card

N I'm the same.. I only really get digital too.. i feel bad because my buddy currently gave me oddessy n another buddy gave me zelda n i had nothing to lend in return other than smash which they both have

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 6:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i got bugs wrote:
Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Mine was smooth as well.. just dragged a nintendo folder on to the laptop n then on to the other card

N I'm the same.. I only really get digital too.. i feel bad because my buddy currently gave me oddessy n another buddy gave me zelda n i had nothing to lend in return other than smash which they both have

I only used the switch. Just popped the new one in, downloaded everything, and it worked fine.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 6:10 am 
Rank This Poster

Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Anders wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

I only used the switch. Just popped the new one in, downloaded everything, and it worked fine.

I saw you could do it that way too.. I heard the computer way was quicker, but it took a little while.. no big, everything works well

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 6:11 am 
Rank This Poster

Ever play axiom verge or that new zombie nazi game?? Worth picking up?? Axiom is only 10 bucks

I actually might grab that new underwater metroidvania

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 3:51 pm 
mXn

This shiz is sold out EVERYWHERE

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 4:34 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-s ... Id=6364255

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 5:23 pm 
The Master

Make sure you get the one with the all red box. It's an updated model with two times the battery life.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 6:01 pm 
Poster of the Year

B wrote:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/6364255.p?skuId=6364255

it comes up unavailable when you try and add it to your cart

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 71  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games