The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo Switch
PostPosted: Wed March 24, 2021 12:46 am 
The Master

Norris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Sucks there's nothing any good coming out anytime soon

Anyone see the reports of a "major software releases" in the Nintendo fiscal year? I'm guessing the new Zelda and a new Mario Kart along with the Super Nintendo Switch.

I just hope it's backwards compatible with original Switch games so I can upgrade without having to use the old one for already purchased games. Basically, I want to buy a Super Nintendo Switch, connect it to my Nintendo account, and redownload the Switch games I've already bought.

It will function like the iterations of the DS or 3DS. I anticipate it being essentially the same console/store/interface.

PostPosted: Wed March 24, 2021 12:55 am 
Poster of the Year

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Norris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Anyone see the reports of a "major software releases" in the Nintendo fiscal year? I'm guessing the new Zelda and a new Mario Kart along with the Super Nintendo Switch.

I just hope it's backwards compatible with original Switch games so I can upgrade without having to use the old one for already purchased games. Basically, I want to buy a Super Nintendo Switch, connect it to my Nintendo account, and redownload the Switch games I've already bought.

It will function like the iterations of the DS or 3DS. I anticipate it being essentially the same console/store/interface.

So what I just described?

PostPosted: Wed March 24, 2021 12:57 am 
The Master

Norris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Norris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

So what I just described?

Yup! I bet it will even have a transfer process to manually move games/saves via Wi-Fi or cable.

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 12:56 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Forbes is saying the Nintendo Switch 64 Plus is gonna run you $400. I'll admit that gives me pause.

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 1:01 am 
Poster of the Year

You got a link?

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 1:23 am 
The Master

bada wrote:
Forbes is saying the Nintendo Switch 64 Plus is gonna run you $400. I'll admit that gives me pause.

They're gonna have to pack in some games to make that worth it when you can buy a $400 PS5.

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 8:14 pm 

Norris wrote:
You got a link?

No sorry I saw it on YouTube. RGT85 is my video game guy.

PostPosted: Sat March 27, 2021 6:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’m really happy about the extent to which the Steam store underbelly has infected Nintendo’s market. Digging through the “perennially on sale for less than $10” bin on the Switch feels a lot like gaming in the NES era: quirky, sometimes unforgiving games that can be as fearless as they are quaint.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I got a little high and played Fatum Betula. An angel appeared onscreen and told me I was “going to hell in real life.” It was a spectacular Nintendo gaming experience.

PostPosted: Sat March 27, 2021 8:28 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I dunno if I should be asking what game that was or what it was you were high on

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:47 am 

Nintendo eStore pricing is all over the damn place. There are games that were $30 NZD down to $3 that I still wouldn't touch.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 4:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I feel the same way.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 9:57 pm 

Intrigued. A Gollum game coming to switch etc. You gave to escape barad due etc
It looks brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 3:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
I’m really happy about the extent to which the Steam store underbelly has infected Nintendo’s market. Digging through the “perennially on sale for less than $10” bin on the Switch feels a lot like gaming in the NES era: quirky, sometimes unforgiving games that can be as fearless as they are quaint.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I got a little high and played Fatum Betula. An angel appeared onscreen and told me I was “going to hell in real life.” It was a spectacular Nintendo gaming experience.

Still having trouble sleeping, so I spent $6 a few days ago and got Tharsis (space mission crisis management meets Yahtzee) and Hard West (half the time it's like if they made an X-Com-style game about the final third of Young Guns, the rest it becomes a 'choices matter' branching storyline where the devil walks the old west and is after your soul).

I'm enjoying both....Tharsis is a cool blend of conflict management and traditional dice games, though I have admittedly never yet survived more than 8 rounds of crises. I have also committed rather lot of cannibalism along the way. Hard West's story side is uneven, but I really enjoy the battles. I tried to steal a shotgun during the CYOA section and got shot in the ass. It left me with a limp that I had to work around in every subsequent fight sequence.

My cowboy has two assholes and my space captain et his crew. Six dollars well spent.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 5:26 pm 

McParadigm wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Still having trouble sleeping, so I spent $6 a few days ago and got Tharsis (space mission crisis management meets Yahtzee) and Hard West (half the time it's like if they made an X-Com-style game about the final third of Young Guns, the rest it becomes a 'choices matter' branching storyline where the devil walks the old west and is after your soul).

I'm enjoying both....Tharsis is a cool blend of conflict management and traditional dice games, though I have admittedly never yet survived more than 8 rounds of crises. I have also committed rather lot of cannibalism along the way. Hard West's story side is uneven, but I really enjoy the battles. I tried to steal a shotgun during the CYOA section and got shot in the ass. It left me with a limp that I had to work around in every subsequent fight sequence.

My cowboy has two assholes and my space captain et his crew. Six dollars well spent.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 6:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Finding a bad game sitting in the Nintendo cheap seats seems a lot less interesting to me than finding a good game there, I guess? But YouTube gonna YouTube.

PostPosted: Sat April 03, 2021 5:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monopoly for the Nintendo Switch is a faithful recreation of the classic board game, in that I can own literally the entire board and still be unable to win.

PostPosted: Sat April 03, 2021 5:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Forty-five minutes later

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 6:57 am 

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 3:56 pm 

Is this worth getting?

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 4:33 pm 
Champion of RM

Was this a PS2 game?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 71  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games