The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo Switch
PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:01 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
I sold a bunch of shit on FB Marketplace and I'm gonna put the proceeds toward a Switch. $500 budget, minus $300 for the system, ~$50 for Mario Odyssey. What do I do with the other $150? Zelda? Do I need another controller for the wife?

Mario Kart Bundle will be $300 on Black Friday. Add in Odyssey, Breath of the Wid, and a Pro Controller. 3 games, a great controller, and the system for less than $500 most likely.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:04 pm 
I think I'm Mario Karted out at this point in my life. Any other good co-op, multiplayer stuff?

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:05 pm 
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:
I sold a bunch of shit on FB Marketplace and I'm gonna put the proceeds toward a Switch. $500 budget, minus $300 for the system, ~$50 for Mario Odyssey. What do I do with the other $150? Zelda? Do I need another controller for the wife?

Mario Kart Bundle will be $300 on Black Friday. Add in Odyssey, Breath of the Wid, and a Pro Controller. 3 games, a great controller, and the system for less than $500 most likely.

Will I have to camp outside a Best Buy and/or stab someone to get that deal, or will it be widely available?

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:07 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

Will I have to camp outside a Best Buy and/or stab someone to get that deal, or will it be widely available?

I think it will be widely available. Nintendo almost never discounts their consoles outside of Holiday bundles like this, so I think this will be their regular holiday deal everywhere for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:27 pm 
Thanks! Last question: do you need two sets of joy cons for certain local multiplayer stuff, or can you get by with one set, plus a pro controller?

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:35 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
Thanks! Last question: do you need two sets of joy cons for certain local multiplayer stuff, or can you get by with one set, plus a pro controller?

I think Mario Party is really the only major release that requires the Joy Cons. You should be able to play most games with the Joy Cons (in the grip or not) and a Pro Controller as the two multiplayer controllers.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:45 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Speaking of, the new Mario party is pretty fun

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:48 pm 
Poster of the Year

guestT wrote:

Zelda and a Pro Controller

PostPosted: Sat November 10, 2018 11:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

Has anyone bought Diablo III yet?

PostPosted: Sat November 10, 2018 11:45 pm 
The Master

run2death wrote:

No, but I hear it is a good version.

PostPosted: Sun November 11, 2018 2:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
run2death wrote:

No, but I hear it is a good version.

Think I'm gonna play it over the holidays.

I'm finally done with Odyssey. I'm at 917 moons and did the final Darker Side mission. That's enough.

PostPosted: Mon November 12, 2018 10:36 pm 
Bought the Switch, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Puyo Puyo Tetris (every time I splurge on a new system I buy my wife a Tetris game as a peace offering), and a pro controller. Not a huge fan of the unattached joy cons so far (too slippery), but the pro controller is nice. Mario is awesome. Haven't taken Zelda out of the plastic yet. I think I'm gonna love this thing.

PostPosted: Mon November 12, 2018 10:47 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
Bought the Switch, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Puyo Puyo Tetris (every time I splurge on a new system I buy my wife a Tetris game as a peace offering), and a pro controller. Not a huge fan of the unattached joy cons so far (too slippery), but the pro controller is nice. Mario is awesome. Haven't taken Zelda out of the plastic yet. I think I'm gonna love this thing.

You will. The system itself is really great. What types of games typically interest you?

PostPosted: Mon November 12, 2018 10:49 pm 
Poster of the Year

This is the first Zelda game I've spent more than 30 minutes playing since the original.

PostPosted: Mon November 12, 2018 10:51 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
This is the first Zelda game I've spent more than 30 minutes playing since the original.

It's really hard to go back to older Zelda games now.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 4:02 pm 
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

You will. The system itself is really great. What types of games typically interest you?

I already love it. Played Mario so long in bed last night I gave myself a blister. I like action, adventure, lite RPG-style games (no crafting, no grinding) that are easy to jump in and out of. And puzzle/party games that I can play with my wife.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 4:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

The demo for Rayman Legends is fun as hell. The music is awesome and the graphics are super cool.

There's so much to do between the normal levels, the rhythm levels and the multiplayer levels.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 5:09 pm 
The Master

run2death wrote:
The demo for Rayman Legends is fun as hell. The music is awesome and the graphics are super cool.

There's so much to do between the normal levels, the rhythm levels and the multiplayer levels.

One of the best platformers of the decade. I recommend checking out the full game.

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 4:09 pm 
I see a lot of comments out there about Mario Odyssey being too easy, but it's about perfect for me. I don't have time to fight the same boss 10x like I used to. 2x max, then I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri November 16, 2018 5:05 pm 
Is there a way to turn the Switch completely off when it's in the dock? I can turn it off in handheld mode but as soon as it hits the dock it boots up. Once it's in there the only option I can find is sleep mode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 71  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games