Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Topic locked

Re: The all inclusive video game thread

Mon April 23, 2018 3:05 pm

guestT wrote:I had 45 minutes to game some videos before the Bucks game the other night, so I booted up the PS4 for the first time in months. 20 minutes to update the system software (3 reboots!), 10 minutes to update the game software (Horizon Zero Dawn), 5 minutes to re-acclimate myself to the controls, 10 minutes to gather sticks to make arrows (exciting!), 1 minute to die, endless loading screen, time to watch basketball. I think I'm gonna sell the PS4 soon.

You don't have automatic updates enabled? Shit downloads on its own then.

Mon April 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:I had 45 minutes to game some videos before the Bucks game the other night, so I booted up the PS4 for the first time in months. 20 minutes to update the system software (3 reboots!), 10 minutes to update the game software (Horizon Zero Dawn), 5 minutes to re-acclimate myself to the controls, 10 minutes to gather sticks to make arrows (exciting!), 1 minute to die, endless loading screen, time to watch basketball. I think I'm gonna sell the PS4 soon.

Would I have to leave it on for that to work?

Mon April 23, 2018 3:23 pm

guestT wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Would I have to leave it on for that to work?

The system itself? No. If it is in rest mode it will check that stuff on the down low.

Tue April 24, 2018 3:55 am

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Going back to the "have video games peaked" conversation, I will say that the Switch/Labo product is possibly the greatest innovation to hit gaming since VR. I hope the basic premise is expanded upon considerably in years to come.

I love the idea behind it. I would be all over this if I was kid. The intro to coding and DYI'ness of it are so cool.

Of course I don't know the economics, but what they should consider doing is launching/partnering on their own line of 3D printers with a simplified interface, and letting people create their own interactive tools for the system.

I don't see Nintendo doing this. They see themselves as a toy company. I don't think they would allow people to make their own stuff to interact with their software. It is a quality control and profit thing. The cardboard kits themselves will be pretty cheap though.

:thumbsup:

https://kotaku.com/13-cool-things-peopl ... 1825474220

Tue April 24, 2018 4:12 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Going back to the "have video games peaked" conversation, I will say that the Switch/Labo product is possibly the greatest innovation to hit gaming since VR. I hope the basic premise is expanded upon considerably in years to come.

I love the idea behind it. I would be all over this if I was kid. The intro to coding and DYI'ness of it are so cool.

Of course I don't know the economics, but what they should consider doing is launching/partnering on their own line of 3D printers with a simplified interface, and letting people create their own interactive tools for the system.

I don't see Nintendo doing this. They see themselves as a toy company. I don't think they would allow people to make their own stuff to interact with their software. It is a quality control and profit thing. The cardboard kits themselves will be pretty cheap though.

:thumbsup:

https://kotaku.com/13-cool-things-peopl ... 1825474220

I was referring to the line of 3D printers. People are super creative if you give them the right tools. I will still load up Mario Maker occasionally to see the whacky levels that people make.

Tue April 24, 2018 4:13 am

Sorry, I wasn't trying to advance my argument or anything. I just think it's cool that people are actually having fun with the Labo concept.

Tue April 24, 2018 4:14 am

Apparently a couple of my buddies were assembling that new Nintendo thing at the bar this past weekend.. dunno how that ended up turning out

Tue April 24, 2018 4:17 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Sorry, I wasn't trying to advance my argument or anything. I just think it's cool that people are actually having fun with the Labo concept.

Absolutely. I can't wait to see the cool things kids make too.

Thu April 26, 2018 3:22 am

Mario on Switch is peak Mario.

Thu April 26, 2018 5:18 am

I'm sure as one of the youngest people here, only I'm excited for the new Spyro remasters coming out in September. Those games were awesome when I was a kid.

Thu April 26, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm pretty excited about them. Loved playing them with my wife while we were dating and my son was into the games a bit too when we finally started to let him play so I'm sure he'd like to play them with better controls and graphics. (PS1 games do not age well)

Fri April 27, 2018 7:58 am

Re: RETIRED - The all inclusive video game thread

Sat April 28, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm so proud of what's happened here and I'm not ashamed to take all of the credit.

Sat April 28, 2018 11:31 pm

tree_ wrote:I'm so proud of what's happened here and I'm not ashamed to take all of the credit.

Money moves

Sun April 29, 2018 5:51 am

Nothing but respect for MY subforum - this thread!!!!!!!

Sun April 29, 2018 5:56 am

It's gonna be locked soon. Then dissected into various threads. It'll be a messy bloodbath and I'm going to love every moment.

Sun April 29, 2018 5:10 pm

oh god I can’t wait

Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 pm

I had a really good session playing Ms. Pacman last night after the dust had settled and everyone had left the bar.

Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm

washing machine wrote:I had a really good session playing Ms. Pacman last night after the dust had settled and everyone had left the bar.

What was your high score?

Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:I had a really good session playing Ms. Pacman last night after the dust had settled and everyone had left the bar.

What was your high score?

an even 74000
Topic locked